Something About Nothing ... #12

Coooold here today. Middle decided Tom skip swim again tonight-finishing up her project and getting a good rest for her PreACT tomorrow. Didn't feel like making dinner when I got home so microwaved some potatoes, pan fried a chicken breads and sliced it up

Goodness!
You had chicken,as in cuddles, for dinner tonight ......?

Hi all,

About 11 pages behind, so I will not even try to catch up. Hope all of you are good. Been out of the loop for a while...I have had the worst case of the Flu for the last week. Horrible. Never been so sick. Ended up in the ER last week. Rough.

So, woke up today, thinking this was gonna be a good one...then had the nasty fog brain ALL day. That's alright, I'll get through that.

But I also started noticing a nagging pain in my stomach, which got worse throughout the day...then got so bad I was hurting in my back...so, off to the the ER, again.

Turns out to be Duodenitis...seriously? Who gets Duodenitis? If you knew my medical history, you would point right at me...I am the one that is going to get the odd named thing, nobody else gets. Trigeminal Neuralgia...had it.
Cytomegalovirus...had that.

Anyway...now on a clear liquid diet and have to start looking for the cause...have to set up an endoscopy study and determine if the culprit is an ulcer or something else.

Cheered me right up.

Anywhoo...I do feel better than with the flu, so positive steps. Tiny, tiny, still unsteady on my feet steps...but positive.

:hug: wags sorry you're having such a rough time, hope you feel better soon.

We had a bit of a commotion at our house tonight as I was getting ready for bed. My dog Sasha was barking excitedly outside in her pen and when I went to investigate I found our cat Possum had invaded her fence and was valiantly fighting off the dog. I wasn't about to try and wrestle with a ticked off husky so I woke up Trey to come and get her. Good news is the kitty is fine and only missing a tuft of hair...bad news is Trey's boots are going to have to be hosed down as he stepped in one of Sasha's "gifts" :laughing: I'm glad I was awake or it could have ended badly. I think kitty has learned not to go in the dog area now. We gave her lots of cuddles and extra treats once she calmed down...poor kitty.

Now after all that excitement of course I can't sleep.

Aww, cuddle chickens. Good thing they aren't the brightest. Chicken for dinner, but not them. LOL We had potato bar dinner the other night. Older one told me guess I didn't feel like cooking. What? Said meal is one at summer camp, and it does not get commented on. :scratchin

:sick: - sorry to hear of all the medical issues you've been having Wags. Sending mummy dust and well wishes. I hope you feel better soon.

Tink, that was an excitement. Hopefully kitty learned her lesson, and Trey's boots are clean. Yeah, those gifts are no fun to step in. Hope you got to sleep soon after. Eek, almost 2 am. I hope you didn't have to get up early to work, and you're still enjoying a deep sleep.

MonyK- so nice to help out. Unfortunately, hunger is still an issue in our country, and the world. Thanks for the pictures. Always enjoy seeing happy times, and resting chickens.

th
Yes, it is Thursday.
th
and
th

Yep, throw back a drink, and remember the week-end will be here before ya know it.

It's baking and candy making week-end for me. My Dsis and I, and now the kids, bake all weekend. Then we pack them up for gifts, and for my parental unit's charity. Her charity has a cookie auction every year. It will be cut short for little one and me though, she has a game almost 2 hours away on Sunday. Thankfully, older one has a car, and drives. He gets to do the drop off duties. ::yes::

th
well, Universal in there too. But, yes 13 days until we leave. Getting excited. :santa:

:dancer:

I need :drinking1. :music:

Happy Thursday All!

@wagman67 I hope you feel better fast!

I picked up a Nintendo 2DS XL and 7 games last night.. So, I have things to do on my flight and trip. I like to relax in my room at night before bed by playing some video games. Plus, I am not a night club/bar kinda guy, so I'll take the Nintendo down to the lobby/sitting area and just play a little while doing some people watching.

I think potato bars are awesome! I haven't had a baked potato in months.. I love them smothered in butter, cheese, bacon, and sour cream.. and even some broccoli. I think I just felt my arteries clog just typing that.

Morning all...spent the evening with the Schumi gang last night watching the holiday parade and then went to Beverly Hills Boulangerie for dinner on the way out. The parade was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect...dinner was good and the strawberry cheesecake I had for dessert was excellent.

Unfortunately for anyone coming down the weather is supposed to get a lot cooler for the next week.

I'm going to dust off the crock pot this weekend and make some stuff...chicken and dumplings tomorrow night.

Have a good day!

Good morning. I’ve got a few minutes before taking B to school. She has scheduled all of her mid terms for next week. (We will be I FL on the actual test days.) I normally don’t give teacher gifts, but yesterday I got each teacher a $5 Sweet Frog (frozen yogurt if you don’t have them in your area) as a thank you for allowing B to take her exams early.

Monykalyn - Your idea of not wanting to cook dinner is so different than mine. We usually end up at our favorite Mexican restaurant or ordering pizza.

Wagman - sending well wishes to you. Hope you are better soon.

Tink - Aww...poor kitty. I hope she has learned her lesson.

Out of time. Hello to Lynne, Chuckers, and Metro.

31!

• The atomic number of gallium
  • The number of days in the months January, March, May, July, August, October and December
  • Most hockey goalies wear the number 31
  • The direct dial code for the Netherlands
  • A card game for 2 to 7 players
  • The number of flavors at Baskin-Robbins. In Japan, the stores are called '31 Ice Cream'

Speaking of ice cream, my favorite food group, I am going to have to sample some of the creations at Toothsome when I get to Universal in 31 days!!!

31-400(20151028)-revised.jpg

Morning all...spent the evening with the Schumi gang last night watching the holiday parade and then went to Beverly Hills Boulangerie for dinner on the way out. The parade was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect...dinner was good and the strawberry cheesecake I had for dessert was excellent.

Unfortunately for anyone coming down the weather is supposed to get a lot cooler for the next week.

I'm going to dust off the crock pot this weekend and make some stuff...chicken and dumplings tomorrow night.

Have a good day!

We had a blast with you Todd.........yes, weather has been glorious........very foggy this morning........but it’s been glorious since we arrived so won’t complain..........absolutely loved the parade.........snow started falling.......I started crying........lol.........spent all day between both parks then parade and dinner with Todd, then Sapphire Falls for cocktails and snacks.........lovely day.

Guys are calling me “Rocky” this morning Todd.........:confused3:blush:

Shopping day today...........Kyle wants a Tag watch, so looking for one of those...........Mall at Millenia it is then......

Have a great Thursday..........:wave2:

We had a blast with you Todd.........yes, weather has been glorious........very foggy this morning........but it’s been glorious since we arrived so won’t complain..........absolutely loved the parade.........snow started falling.......I started crying........lol.........spent all day between both parks then parade and dinner with Todd, then Sapphire Falls for cocktails and snacks.........lovely day.

Guys are calling me “Rocky” this morning Todd.........:confused3:blush:

Shopping day today...........Kyle wants a Tag watch, so looking for one of those...........Mall at Millenia it is then......

Have a great Thursday..........:wave2:
I didn't know you cried when it snowed. :P

Rocky huh? ;)

Tell Tom not to forget the Cuties at Walmart.

I can’t believe this. I have been having an on again, off again sore throat for the past few days. I finally decided to have it checked out just in case. I figured it was probably nothing. I have strep throat. I’m almost 50 and I have an illness most common with children. (I managed to get an ear infection summer of 2016.) Oh well, at least it happened now and not a week from now.

Last edited:
Ack, not what you wanted to have right before the week you are leaving. Hope your throat heals fast Charade. While mostly you hear kids get it, I do know adults that have had it too.

Metro, nice you had a great time at the parks and dinner. Yep, saw the cooler temps this coming week. That's okay, needs to over compensate and be overly hot the last 2 weeks of December. Just sayin'. 20 to 31.

I can’t believe this. I have been having an on again, off again sore throat for the past few days. I finally decided to have it checked out just in case. I figured it was probably nothing. I have strep throat. I’m almost 50 and I have an illness most common with children. (I managed to get an ear infection summer of 2016.) Oh well, at least it happened no and not a week from now.

At least it's not pink eye!

Feel better fast!

Ack, not what you wanted to have right before the week you are leaving. Hope your throat heals fast Charade. While mostly you hear kids get it, I do know adults that have had it too.

Metro, nice you had a great time at the parks and dinner. Yep, saw the cooler temps this coming week. That's okay, needs to over compensate and be overly hot the last 2 weeks of December. Just sayin'. 20 to 31.

And the first two weeks of January!

Ahh, one kid down, one kid to go, one errand before meeting up with Dsis. We decided last year, we need a prepping day. That, and a lunch date that we rarely get to do.

Eek, the holidays are coming along. :santa:

Happy Friday!

DE693ED6-E25B-46F1-9A1B-B6A8EA137A89.jpeg

Good morning everyone. I think today will be a day of rest for me although I should probably go to the store and stock up on french toast supplies. There is snow in the forecast tonight. Right now our local news is saying possibly up to 2 inches. I just hope everyone doesn’t go crazy.

Well, today is Friday. That means it’s countdown time. What is the number of weeks left before I leave for Orlando?

33de6fs.jpg

Happy Friday!!!

@Charade67 French Toast supplies? Do you live in Georgia? :) Also, I love your countdown picture.. took me a few minutes to get it! Very clever! We've got snow planned for tomorrow.. I need to stock up on iced tea mix, power bars, and video games. :D

@Lynne G only 17 days until Christmas!

Today's a big day.. on my count down white board, I was able to replace the month's number with a 0!!!!

30!

• The atomic number of zinc
  • Is considered a square pyramidal number because it is the sum of the first for squares (1+4+9+16)
  • In marriage, it is the pearl anniversary
  • The international direct dial code for Greece
  • The number of tracks on The Beatles' 'The White Album'
  • In the 'no kidding' department, it's the duration of the Thirty Years War
  • The number of pieces of silver Judas Iscariot was paid to betray Jesus
  • Jesus's age when he was baptized by John the Baptist
  • The minimum age for a US Senator
Speaking of age, I was 30 when I first went to Universal Studios, Orlando. 22 years later, I am doing my first extended stay there in 30 days!

Chuckers - I don’t currently live in Georgia, but did spend a huge chunk of my life there. (Ages 3 - 29)
I had a difficult time coming up with a good number 1 picture. I was originally going to go with a picture of Cam Newton from the Carolina Panthers, but then found a much nerdier option.

What is this iced tea mix that you speak of?

I probably should go to the grocery just in case (they once predicted a coating to an inch here and we got 6 inches of snow), but I am still under quarantine until noon. Kroger will probably be a mad house.

Believe it is cold all over for many of us

Been waiting all week for cable hook up service
We cancelled DISH and I went into shock of no Law and Order reruns and weather channels

If the lines are in place correctly, will have tv, and internet in about two hours

Life will be sweet again!

Don’t know anyone down here so I had no where to go for the mid season finale to watch walking dead Sunday if they have to return next week to finish the job
Crossing my fingers we will be set today

Thought about buying a tree to put up and that has been the extent of it

Half way decided to skip the holidays this year
Going out of town for a 9 day trip in January
Too much to clean up and put away if I have to deal with celebrate the holidays

I need to play ketchup here and read back of what I have missed with the homies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter