Something About Nothing ... #12

Running an hour behind. Changed all the clocks, forgot my wristwatches. Can’t rush a roast.

Sun shining & snow is blowing sideways. It must be the end of the world

You’ve gotten similar deals in the past as I recall?

I’m not up to bat till middle of Oct. sure not going to hold my breath.

You’d think it’d be fair for renewal deals to run for a full year so everyone could avail themselves of them or let others buy renewal in advance, then apply it when the time is neigh.

Nope
This is the first time ever I have been in the time frame where I could renew and get the additional 3 months added on.

After having the preferred ap since the md 1990's, finally caught a break on the pass.

Never get tired of that minion on the plane meme, reminds me of the old twilight zone episode with William shatner.
exactly what I thought of! And bless his heart is fitting for DH

Pulling out wimp card and hiding in car as wind chill for soccer practice is 39 degrees...

Welcome to my neck of the woods soccer MonyK. Tonight was gym with trainer. Thankfully that is inside.

Just chilling now. Sun afternoon dried up quite a bit. Wind and snow squalls is the weather forecast for tomorrow.

Welcome to my neck of the woods soccer MonyK. Tonight was gym with trainer. Thankfully that is inside.
Yes I thought of you as I pulled out my winter coat, scarf and gloves-except you tough it out and I'm wimping out LOL!
Gonna be warm showers and hot chocolate or tea tonight!

And to add to the grey hair collection-DH let middle kid drive to St. Louis today with him:faint:
Think youngest is gonna come to work with me tomorrow as it's only 1/2 day. He can stay home alone but he wants to come. Plus he knows I'll buy him lunch this way-beats leftovers I guess.

th
th
th

Well, ladies and gents, it is Wednesday, and hump day indeed. Weekend cannot come fast enough, with this change in time week.

Yes, my car tells me lots as I commute, yep, service needed (why yes, will be done on Friday) 31 out, (yeah it's cold), roads may be icy (thankfully a little sun yesterday dried the roads), high beams on and off several times (yeah, it's dark out - darn time change and clouds). What it didn't tell me, it's also still quite windy. Ah, I can see the horizon getting a light pink and yellow color. Still the high is around 40, with wind chills in the 30's again. Sigh, chance of snow squalls today and tomorrow. Tell that ground hog that 6 more weeks of winter didn't mean more snow than we've had in months, and a 26 overnight low temperature last night. Spring? So ready for all to be green, and colorful. I see my creamy white tulips up around 3 inches. They bloom first, around the middle to end of May.

Ha, MonyK, both my kids like to come with me, meals out are expected each time. My gray hair started when my kids were born. LOL Took little one to practice parallel parking. She's getting much better. I took the back seat, and let her pick up a friend to go to a party the other day. Friend said my mom doesn't let me drive anywhere. I have let little one drive everywhere. It's how you learn. Friend has never been on a highway. Um, around here, there's many, and driving at a high speed, with traffic, is something to learn sooner than later. Older one is in full chill mode. Nice to be on break. Then the house gets quiet again, and more food is in the house. LOL

With that, I need tea. Lots of tea. Forgot my tea bags from home, only ones I can find are not caffeinated. I may have to get coffee at lunchtime.

th
Have a wonderful Wednesday homies! Safe travel to Schumi and her DH today. Hope you are enjoying that lovely Florida sun shortly.

:rockband: Cat funny:

th

All I can say Lynne is you are a brave person teaching little one to drive

With each son I did one time out with them and quit

Turned that job over to Mr Mac

Haven’t been on here all day. Has there been a collective outcry re the new parking costs for onsite guests @ WDW (exclusions for HC & DVC guests) Perhaps that will be one less quibble the muggles bring up when playing Devil’s advocate here comparing the two parks lol.

th

Well, ladies and gents, it is Wednesday, and hump day indeed. Weekend cannot come fast enough, with this change in time week.

Yes, my car tells me lots as I commute, yep, service needed (why yes, will be done on Friday) 31 out, (yeah it's cold), roads may be icy (thankfully a little sun yesterday dried the roads), high beams on and off several times (yeah, it's dark out - darn time change and clouds). What it didn't tell me, it's also still quite windy. Ah, I can see the horizon getting a light pink and yellow color. Still the high is around 40, with wind chills in the 30's again. Sigh, chance of snow squalls today and tomorrow. Tell that ground hog that 6 more weeks of winter didn't mean more snow than we've had in months, and a 26 overnight low temperature last night. Spring? So ready for all to be green, and colorful. I see my creamy white tulips up around 3 inches. They bloom first, around the middle to end of May.

Ha, MonyK, both my kids like to come with me, meals out are expected each time. My gray hair started when my kids were born. LOL Took little one to practice parallel parking. She's getting much better. I took the back seat, and let her pick up a friend to go to a party the other day. Friend said my mom doesn't let me drive anywhere. I have let little one drive everywhere. It's how you learn. Friend has never been on a highway. Um, around here, there's many, and driving at a high speed, with traffic, is something to learn sooner than later. Older one is in full chill mode. Nice to be on break. Then the house gets quiet again, and more food is in the house. LOL

With that, I need tea. Lots of tea. Forgot my tea bags from home, only ones I can find are not caffeinated. I may have to get coffee at lunchtime.

th
Have a wonderful Wednesday homies! Safe travel to Schumi and her DH today. Hope you are enjoying that lovely Florida sun shortly.

:rockband: Cat funny:

th

Good ones! I don’t even see my crocus up yet? Hope some varmint didn’t dig up the bulbs for dinner.

The Mr’s TV came this afternoon thanks to FedEx. A monster, 65 inch curved one that I hope isn’t smarter than me :). Just had the other one down pat. Learning stuff hurts when u get to my age:crazy:.

Hoping it and the new credenza that has to be assembled (big surprise there, didn’t realize it when i ordered it at the showroom) fit in my existing entertainment ‘hollow’. Really want to salvage the frame/top shelves. If not, you will surely hear me howl.:rolleyes1

Not only was i not a fan of teaching spawn to drive, I still make a point finanging to sit in back seat when they are hauling me somewhere. That way i don’t find myself applying the break

Last edited:
Big party Sunday night to watch walking dead at Keisha house

Walking dead starts at 9

Bring beer and popcorn and watch the show on her new huge screen tv

Door charge to be determined by Keisha

Nope
This is the first time ever I have been in the time frame where I could renew and get the additional 3 months added on.

After having the preferred ap since the md 1990's, finally caught a break on the pass.
I never got a reminder about my AP expiring. Wasn't planning to anyway.

I'm pretty disappointed with customer service right now. The day after I completed my reservation I received an email saying "Complete your reservation and receive $10 food and beverage credit." Click on it but it just went to the Loews website. Probably because I had already completed it. But I figured I was eligible so I called CS. The guy I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about but promised someone would call me right back with an answer. That was a week ago. Since then I have forwarded the email to them twice asking for an explanation. I haven't received so much as an acknowledgement. Not the kind of service I have come to expect.

Well DS came with me-was really good. The old folks at the Assisted Living where I was today made a fuss over him. Plus the therapy dog was there today. AND they finally converted to (mostly) computer charting -instead of the written notes I had to do last visit-so I was done super early! We celebrated by going out for ice cream on way home!
Haven’t been on here all day. Has there been a collective outcry re the new parking costs for onsite guests @ WDW (exclusions for HC & DVC guests) Perhaps that will be one less quibble the muggles bring up when playing Devil’s advocate here comparing the two parks lol.
yep I am PO'd! Shouldn't affect my June reservation but this will be the last. DH has been pushing for AP to Universal anyway. Plenty of offsite place without any fees, and breakfast as well! Yeah and don't get me started on the "smart tv's", and the remote and sequencing of buttons to push to watch simple tv...

And for the big news...that will affect our June trip. DH recently found out he has a 28 year old daughter from a very short lived College fling. The girls mom thought the guy she dated after DH was the dad (who apparently took off when the pregnancy was known). Her mom married another guy later (who adopted this girl). Anyway-this girl (woman) is a PhD level researcher, and apparently after doing DNA tests for research, got "near matches" with ancestry. Short version-he has now told family, and our kids. Both my girls are quite excited and have been talking with their "new" sister, DS is kinda "eh". She is a fellow at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville FL, married with a 3 year old son-so...DH is also a grandpa. We are now going to spend a few days on that side of Florida and beach to be able to meet them in person. I have also been in touch with her. She is a remarkable person already-but clearly the smart genes in all the girls must come from DH LOL!

I let middle kid drive a bit today too...yeah not ready for this part yet...

Monyk, now that is news

Set more plates at the table for Christmas next year !

Congrats on having another daughter !

Squirlz, I always have to call to find out my renewal date
Just know it is sometime in March
Never for renewal notice until I saw the uo email for special 15 month renewal

Yeah Squirlz, I was playing on the hotel website to see if I really wanted to pull the trigger on October. So far, with those prices, no. But then I got that 10 percent email too. Sent me to a stay I was looking at for Miami last year. Clearly they don't care. I have had my AP for several years, I vaguely remember getting snail mail asking me to renew last year. I have always called to renew. I remember my expiration date though, I had got it on my birthday.

MonyK, Disney charging for parking may very well put me off site. I like to drive to all the parks except MK. While Shades also charges for parking, their fee is much less, as are their room charges. I always thought parking costs were part of the cost, as are the bus costs, of the room. I doubt they will reduce any of the room cost, and people will still bring their overnight cars. More money in fees does not sit well with me. I guess they figure Universal does it too, though Universal does not own its parking lots. I bet the car care center and limo/taxi services may see more business, and I wonder how much it will effect the airport car rental. It also makes it costly for the area locals, or those who choose to drive to save.

MonyK, wow, that is good news. So nice you will get a chance to see her while in Florida.

Keisha, that is a big TV. Yeah, I am not good with those remote for those fancy TVs. I usually ask the kids, they are quick to learn them. Yeah, tulips and daffodils are the only 2 bulbs that have survived. Critters have ate all my other bulbs, and I had some really pretty ones too.

And man, I hope that was not a black cat that I almost hit this morning. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something long and black, or maybe not totally black, run across the street in front of me. While it was very dark (thank you clouds), there was not much traffic in that part of town, so I swerved, and did not hit it. Sigh, almost as bad as the car without its lights on, that got blinked at several times, but did not put on its lights. When so dark, even the blue car it was, was hard to see.

Sick bay alert. Both kids have launched their lunches. 3:30am yesterday, little one told me she threw up in the bathroom. 5 am today, older one told me he threw up in his bed. Sigh, early morning clean ups. Good thing older one is not going to school today. He can put his bedding in the dryer. DH did not feel well Monday, so am crossing fingers and toes, and washing my hands much more, so I don't get whatever they got. I think at least it was a 24 hour bug. Little one did go to school yesterday, and did not bring up anything else yesterday. She fell asleep around 4pm and woke up around 10:30pm, to eat dinner. No matter, there was dinner left over, as I knew DH would be hungry when he came home last night, as he also went to bed early Monday night, and came home so late yesterday, he went straight to bed.

Schumi is probably enjoying her stay and the Sunshine, so wishing them beautiful weather and fun in the parks.

With that, time for tea. And a Thursday reminder.

th
and
th

with a cat funny to end:
th
- think that may have been one of Mac's cats, after getting her up for a morning snack.
th
LOL

Lynne how did you get my orange kitty to hold for that picture?
Hope the kids stop puking and get better real fast
Ditto for Mr Lynne

Birthday date??
Is it the 23?

Hi metro!

Love the kitty memes!
Heard a racket this morning waiting for coffee to finish brewing-hundreds of birds in trees out front all squawking at each other-it was loud! Window-doors open today-70+ degrees, sunny.
1/2 day work with meeting. Going to cook dinner, then soccer practice.
Yeah hope it wasn't the black cat that crossed you and put the puking curse on. One of my managers grandkid is in the hospital with some (suspected) viral virus-vomiting, fever - been going on for days.
Disney charging for parking may very well put me off site
With our timeshare/AP's-no need for onsite anymore. Will keep the June reservation for now as the fees won't be in effect, but contemplating calling and shortening anyway. Problem is was booked as bounceback, so prob not get the same rate. If it would have affected us, then it would have been cancelled and we'd be spending the week at the beach instead of few days.

Went out to garden to see how bad the beds were-really not too bad-the chickens have been doing their job and scratching them up. Did find the garden snake all curled up along one side of one bed. Since the chickens followed me out had to poke him a few times to get him to wake up and move along. Didn't want my chickens bit, nor did I want the snake eaten by them (which is more likely-the chickens are vicious defenders of their territory).

Think I am gonna go hang on the deck for awhile...

Spent day with middle DS, up to see my mom for half the day. Some shopping & quite possibly the best white pizza i’ve eaten. Nice promo at primanti’s, you spend $5 there during week & get one of those foot long fried fish sammies w/fries if you upload receipt on their app during lent. One bright spot, is i’m becoming a lady who lunches with my DS while he’s off work. :laughing:

Carol having fun in what i hope is not too hot, hot sun!

Monyk - Which came first, the chicken(s) or the snake? Think the snake has dibs, garden of eden & all lol. Those are some brave chickies

Congratulations I guess on new stepdaughter. Nice to hear family is embracing her. They say u never know what might pop up in a DNA test. I’m a cynic, first thing I thought of was wondering if a person could come looking for back child support. Been there, done that.

Lynne - don’t blink or breathe for that matter among your sickie chickies! Teens can act worse than tots when sick. I’m getting impression of cat totem pole lol

Todd - for some reason I didn’t thing you were alive in the 70’s...or do you mean temperature? Haha. Regardless disco era way over-rated.

:dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!