Something About Nothing ... #12

32A86776-829C-4F2D-A49B-E0C6DA7C9494.jpeg

Ah yes, it is Friday. A very gray and cool day. Wet again as well. Though rain, but still a cold rain. Yesterday had some rain that included some snow. Just made everything wet, as above freezing when it fell.

Older one is sound asleep and now chasing little one for school. Complaint Department open.

Morning everyone.......

Quick drive by before I get up and start the day......

3rd American trip of 7 in 16 months begins........

Having an absolute blast so far........flight was excellent, although very bumpy! Although I slept through a lot of it......apparently.........

RPR again, is just fabulous! Welcomed like family and so many staff giving us hugs as we checked made the man next to us ask if we were employees or someone.........nope, just made to feel so welcome, we do know so many people here and have done for a number of years......it is the best feeling in the world checking in here. Got our favourite room as usual!

Parks are busy!!! Oh my goodness we are glad of EP......no way would we stand and wait in these queues.......did manage to brighten someone’s day yesterday that was in the Minion regular line though.......saved them an hours wait! Gotta pay it forward!

Mardi Gras is fun! Enjoyed the parade and boy can I stretch for beads!!!

Seems I am pretty competitive after all :D.......and then enjoyed a few cocktails........glad we took a hoodie with us last night.......was a bit cooler than we’re used to........but it has to warm up a lot today, temperatures look so good for rest of our trip!

Haven’t seen the new Potter light show yet........may do that next week.........today is IOA, talk to Kyle on Skype late afternoon then The Palm for dinner.........oh and call my mum as it’s her birthday today.........:hug: 83 today and still wants to travel to NY again this year.........she’s fabulous!

Time for shower then breakfast........then Dr Doom and Hulk awaits..........

Have a great Friday (it is Friday????) I’m easily confused...........:P

Just loving this again!!!

PS........email hit and miss again!

Good morning Lynne, Mac, Schumi, Keisha, Monyk, Squirlz :wave:

311D4A2E-2A8F-4611-9CF3-CC4A8F7DBEDB.jpeg

Schumi glad to hear you and Tom made it safely to your favorite place. Yes, they are generous with the beads at the Mardi Gras parade, glad to hear you got into the bead catching sport.....LOL.

Has been cool here in Florida for past few nights, but warms up nice during the day. The weather is supposed to be warmer starting today......although it was 46 in Vero this morning.........thinking this is supposed to be the last of the really cool mornings.

Have a great day today in the Florida sunshine :sunny:

86E344A8-6C64-45D2-90D6-532F7D88D8E7.jpeg

Monykalyn that would be both a shocker and surprise to find out you and hubby have a daughter, son in law and grand baby. Your family grew by three. So nice she has reached out to you and you are going to spend some time with her in June. We all need to know where we come from. Hope your meeting is a good one :grouphug:

Lynne I love the Yoda dog picture.

Opened house windows as temps rose late morning

But temps will drop tonight

Get ready for the weekend homies!!

It is hot here now..........:sunny:

And busy!!! But with EP.........no issues........

Sitting in Club Lounge...........enjoying a cold white wine........Palm at HRH tonight........looking forward to a good steak.........

Have a great Friday evening..........:D

Hi carole - glad to here you’re getting the royal. Welcome again! I can only imagine that steak...nom. Just back from grabbing a fried fish sammie with DS. Tastes better when it’s free :)

Big party Sunday night to watch walking dead at Keisha house

Walking dead starts at 9

Bring beer and popcorn and watch the show on her new huge screen tv

Door charge to be determined by Keisha

Bring your own mug & we’ll chug. I haven’t cracked my case of Corona from Xmas yet. Need to spring for a lemon or two! Expensive as gold lately lol

I forgot Sunday is another gymnastics event, only 1-1/2 hrs away. Will be home in plenty of time to catch the show.

You know how it goes, mom buys dinner afterward. I can’t believe they are asking for Ponderosa:faint: I didn’t even know they still were in operation, yuck. Ones in our area back in the day were truly horrible.

Opened house windows as temps rose late morning

But temps will drop tonight

Get ready for the weekend homies!!

Define “drop” haha

Ponderosa was a place we would take the boys when they were young.
If they only wanted to eat corn and ice cream there, not an issue.
all the same price for the kids when they were 9 and under.

They went belly up many many years ago in the town where we lived.
Health department was always closing them due to unsanitary conditions.

YAY! A Schumi reporting. Sounds like you are rightfully in the relax mode. Hope you have a great time at RPR.

Yeah, Ponderosa went out years ago here, also for poor hygiene findings. I thought all were gone years ago. Eh, you would think there would be a better steak place for mom to foot the bill.

Little one was mad I would not let her go over friend house after school and stay over. Well, she came home steamy, but next thing ya know, sound asleep. Woke up about 1/2 hour ago, and admitted she still not feeling right. Yeah, tossing up several times dehydrates and strains ya. Older one slept until 10:30am. He asked me why I did not wake him to go with me to the car dealer. I said that your body needed that rest. I took him out to a late brunch/breakfast and then he did some shopping with me. He also layed down this afternoon, and did not want dinner. At least I have not heard any clean up needed today. After washing his comforter, we got a new one. I am not angry to toss the old one, as it was far from new, and he had his use of it for years. I know he was sick, as he said the new comforter kept him warm. He is my warm kid, and rarely uses even a light blanket.

Quiet night, and I had little one go out for coffee. Happy that there is no reason to get moving early tomorrow morning.

Oh, little one mentioned it is the last half of March and it is so cold. Yeah, and another Nor’easter is to give us another round of snow on Tuesday. ⛄️ Sigh, seems we will have no Spring.

7DA8A194-4D00-4FF5-BCBD-299D4CEE9417.jpeg

Morning Mac, Lynne, Keisha, Schumi, Tink, Monyk :wave2:

CFAD153F-0D80-4893-8DB2-0EF91B3CB65F.jpeg

Lynne hope your son and daughter feel better soon.

Was going to go to Farmers Market this morning but, decided not to. Will be lazy for awhile.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

32F683FC-C0E2-4CF6-AF1E-88687416A759.jpeg So, The Hulk & a Minion go into a bar...

Need to start the corned beef/cabbage/taters. Mr won’t touch the stuff, he may sent to McDs. Soda bread supposed to be made but my eggs expired on Tuesday. No idea how long they are safe to eat.

Monyk - inquiring minds need to know for future reference. Just regular eggs from grocery store.

Yes, Ponderosa was ‘da bomb’ when it first opened here, probably 30 years ago. It’s up in farm country’s ‘city’, hope to be pleasantly surprised. Don’t think the health dept hit our local one up on violations but I do recall the buffet was far worse than an Orlando Chinese buffet hehe.

Ci-Ci’s is another one that started out strong out of the gate here. Good place to take starvin boys for $6. It went downhill really fast too, most gone here too.

Family collectively boo-hoo’d to read yesterday that K&W cafeteria in Myrtle Beach is closing. Good, solid, cheap food, would always hit it up several times each visit and not break the bank. Like that sort of set up, we have nothing like it up north.

Keisha put water in a deep bowl

Put eggs in the bowl and make sure they are covered

Any egg that floats to the top is bad so pitch it

That is how I know an egg is bad

I use expired eggs all the time as long as they don’t float to the top of the bowl when I test them

Parents and us kids used to raise chickens

Ah, kids feeling better, and I was not high enough on the totem pole. So far, been pretty good at reaching the toilet. Cat jump momma to the bathroom. Yeah, older one, it makes ya feel like ick.

Morning Robo, Mac and Keisha.

And we are to see Black Panther later today. Here is hoping the smells do not set me off.

Enjoy your Saturday homies.

Morning all!:wave:
Need to start the corned beef/cabbage/taters. Mr won’t touch the stuff, he may sent to McDs. Soda bread supposed to be made but my eggs expired on Tuesday. No idea how long they are safe to eat.
yeah what Mac said-good way to check. Eggs will usually last a few months in the fridge. Mine last a long time as I refrigerate and don't wash them so the protective coating on the eggs stays intact. But I have 2 1/2 dozen in fridge now, and I have been eating a quick micro scrambled egg with salsa in mornings all week. But happy 3 of 4 hens are laying again.

Oldest came home for spring break yesterday-and we are off to St louis tomorrow afternoon - staying the night near airport as 7:30 am flight!
DH handed me a wad of cash for our trip yesterday! Trying to not make ADR's LOL! But whatever I don't use will go to June trip. Still contemplating shortening that onsite stay and extending the beach trip. emailed customer service my displeasure on parking fees, they tried to call at work yesterday, but couldn't talk, so they sent an email with number to call back.

Also got an email for universal tickets for a great price for 5 days-promotional ticket, so I need to call and find out if they are upgradable to annual pass if we want. I don't think the promo price are eligible for upgrade?

So much to do today and I need to stop procrastinating!
Happy Saturday and St Pat's day!

Ah, kids feeling better, and I was not high enough on the totem pole. So far, been pretty good at reaching the toilet. Cat jump momma to the bathroom. Yeah, older one, it makes ya feel like ick.

Morning Robo, Mac and Keisha.

And we are to see Black Panther later today. Here is hoping the smells do not set me off.

Enjoy your Saturday homies.

Popcorn smell pretty strong on a good day, hope u hung tuff. Did u like the movie?

Morning all!:wave:

yeah what Mac said-good way to check. Eggs will usually last a few months in the fridge. Mine last a long time as I refrigerate and don't wash them so the protective coating on the eggs stays intact. But I have 2 1/2 dozen in fridge now, and I have been eating a quick micro scrambled egg with salsa in mornings all week. But happy 3 of 4 hens are laying again.

Oldest came home for spring break yesterday-and we are off to St louis tomorrow afternoon - staying the night near airport as 7:30 am flight!
DH handed me a wad of cash for our trip yesterday! Trying to not make ADR's LOL! But whatever I don't use will go to June trip. Still contemplating shortening that onsite stay and extending the beach trip. emailed customer service my displeasure on parking fees, they tried to call at work yesterday, but couldn't talk, so they sent an email with number to call back.

Also got an email for universal tickets for a great price for 5 days-promotional ticket, so I need to call and find out if they are upgradable to annual pass if we want. I don't think the promo price are eligible for upgrade?

So much to do today and I need to stop procrastinating!
Happy Saturday and St Pat's day!

I’m taking notes on eggs. Bought brown ones for the first time today as they were substantially cheaper @ WM. I could be tripping but swear the shell was thicker when i cracked one.

Nothing like the mr forking over the green :).

Think i got that email too, $45 a day i think? If you find out re upgrade please share...also re the parking issue @ WDW, good luck there.

Yeah, I did like the movie Keisha. Was a tad too long for me. Kids had popcorn and drinks. I went to my seat and tried to not feel sick. We did a target run on the way home. Little one could not drive fast enough. Made the kids bring in the stuff and I was first to the bathroom. Let’s just say, yuck. Was running a fever, so took some drugs and fell asleep. Apparently, kids bought Chinese for dinner. Just woke up, piece of toast and sipping water. Not sure I have broke my fever. Or else I did, and are hot again, but can’t seem to get warm. More drugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter