Something About Nothing ... #12

Good evening all!! It's been a busy day! Joe was installing new outside doors on our back entrance. The process always takes a lot longer than it seems! I was the assistant- I'm not much help- but I can retrieve tools and hold the door when needed. Success finally!! Now out for some dinner and shopping at Kohl's! Have a 30% coupon!!

Schumi- a lawn mower big as a car- sounds cool! Every man's dream!

Charade- hope the trip is going smooth!

Lynne- those otters are cute!!

Keisha- nice Super Bowl ring!! I dream of seeing my team's someday!!

Monyk- great news about DD getting to try out Slinky Dog!! Hope you have a good trip home!! And good news if you can get to HHN this year!!

Have a great night all!!

Caffeine will be a life preserver today. If you drank, i’d Suggest a Bloody Mary or mimosa to take the ‘family’ edge off things lol
I somehow managed the day with little caffeine. I’m not really sure how I am still awake. I’m taking a sleep aide tonight just in case.

Breakfast with the otters was nice. Though little one declared the coffee bad. Mine was fine, mostly cream.
I love otters. I don’t drink coffee very often, but when I do I usually have a little coffee with my cream and sugar.

DD got to ride slinky dog coaster ((Toy story land)
How cool! I’m really looking forward to that ride. It looks like a coaster that I can handle.

Today was interesting. We went for a late breakfast and the first place we went was closed on Saturdays. Next we tried Huddle House. When we got there it was completely full except for one table that needed clearing. We stood there for at least 5 minutes and no employee acknowledged us or made an attempt to clean the table. We finally left and went to Waffle House.

We got to my mom’s and my sister was nowhere to be seen. I was surprised since this trip was her idea. After more than an hour she and my niece finally showed up. My brother arrived about the same time. I managed not to kill my sister even though there was a couple of trying times. My niece has matured a lot since I last saw her 6 years ago.

We had a nice supper together at a local BBQ place and made plans for lunch tomorrow. I had to really bite my tongue when my niece suggested we go to Chili’s tomorrow. We went to Chili’s the last time we we all together and she whined and complained the whole time. (I don’t want to go there. They don’t have anything I like to eat. Etc.)

Tomorrow we take Mom for a birthday lunch. Everyone thinks we are headed home after that, but we are going to go spend a day in Charleston.

Sorry about the mini novel. My phone battery is almost dead. Good night everyone.

Good Sunday morning...….

Janet, I`ll bet he`s still smiling!!! Nice item...….

Patty, yeah not quite that big, but looks big!!! Boys and toys!

Lynne, hope the memorial for your aunt went well...….they can be nice things to have a final memory of.

squirlz, managed to catch most of Le Mans......big Alonso fans here...…

MonyK…….yep, you`ll enjoy HHN I`m quite sure...…

Charade, glad you had a decent trip and enjoyed your time with family......enjoy Charleston, it looks lovely.

Did I miss anyone!!!

Dull and grey again, but not cold.

Heading out for get together lunch today with a group...….hope it`s a success as I chose the restaurant...…..

Have a great Sunday...….

And Happy Father`s Day to all the Dad`s out there...…..

My sister just called. “Y’all aren’t up yet?” It’s 7:00 in the morning!! I can’t believe this is the same person who used to hit the snooze button on her alarm clock over and over and over...I wonder when she became a morning person.

Sorry for the rant. I’ll be back later hopefully in a better mood. I may have to indulge in some coffee.

Yep, coffee, lots of coffee, Charade. I hope your day goes better, and will get to enjoy some family time.

Afternoon Schumi, like the Sunday minions. Hope you have a lovely Sunday.

I have been up a couple of hours. Waited until after 4:30, so I could set the alarm, at least only for DH, this week. Guess I will wake the kids soon. We will have an Incredibles day. Matinee viewing, then some shopping. Glad to hear MonyK liked the movie.

With that, another beautiful day to welcome the summer’s arrival. Humid, so feel like temperature is 105. Lizard weather is appreciated, as all this humidity will entice thunderstorms later in the day, then a cold front arrives, and back to the low 80’s by tomorrow. Hey ya’ll, school is out, summer break is here!

73D63477-2EB1-4AF5-8565-1F1618F4AAFC.jpeg

Happy Daddy’s Day!

90 degrees equals no baking today, getting ready to head out & hope between Sams & WM they have something decent to call dessert. All i need to do is then slice down turkeys, easy peasy to pull it out for sammies when kids stop by today.

Hot yet gloomy here. But the entire 24 hours of LeMans is televised. Three hours in now.

Not a racing fan, DH is a channel surfer, we wind up watching the Indy races/NASCAR off & on, then in for the end...same as BB games.

First time I caught a glimpse of LeMans, had weird feeling of dejavu...that tunnel, marina & the city, almost like I had been there. Dawned on me I ‘raced’ it many times on a video game. Next best thing to being there lol

About to finish packing up and load up car for trek home. Made it to DS to do the Aerophile balloon, couldn’t decide on lunch but ended up at Kona Cafe at the Poly. Love their food. Ready to be home. Will probably stop somewhere tonight, although last time dh and I took turns napping and we could have driven straight through. Will see how we do.

DD got to ride slinky dog coaster ((Toy story land) Thursday as part of the “pep rally “ all DHS cm’s get, and she’s going again today (signed up before she knew what Thursday was about). She’s taking a friend from previous program who’s doing a PI and didn’t get an invite to ride. Plus apparently they are gifting the DHS cms a “preview day” June 21 where they can bring 2 guests to the land with park admission included!! Think they are trying to drum up enthusiasm?? This is in addition to the extra park tickets to use for month of June. She’s not terribly impressed with the land nor the planning of it- one QS with only about seating for 100, plus she said there is no shade anywhere.

Schumi- never been to HHN! Need to get flights sorted soon, have lots of choices for accommodations in the area resorts ($200 for a 2bed condo for a week)- if this trip happens will need to be in the cheaper side.

Ready to be home!

Never got around to the balloon. DTD is such a time burner, even for dinner when the parks are calling lol. On longer trips or when staying in that immediate area, it’s so nice to take boat over or walk across the street. It’s just the whole messy parking process that irritates me.

How long did the entire balloon process take? Think I still get a discount early on, had thought that’d be the way to go for me not to get frustrated with the crowds. not sure if the experienced would be better in am or pm. Any thots on that?

What did u get for lunch at kona? Haven’t been back since they tweaked the steak offering @ dinner & received my noodle dish just swarming in oil. Was thinking to give it another whirl in July, always seems to be available relatively last minute.

Re Slinky, we r staying @ BW. & have 2 sets of FP then the alien saucer on other days. Starting to think I don’t want to burn the majority of our FP entitlements nearly every day & going to switch things up. The way your DD described the attraction was exactly as I had envisioned. Figure such a small footprint, it’ll be a sardine like experience the whole first week of July there.

Did she do the alien claw ride yet? Not a fan of tea cups at all. Forced tot do the ‘mater one @ DL years ago, was not quite as fast/nauseating to me.

We like Le Mans Janet.......never, ever been to watch it and would like to one day. Funnily enough, I’ve never played a computer game in my life...........but, think I would like the driving ones if I did try.....

Robo......nice to see you post........hope you’re doing ok.......

Lunch was a success thankfully! 20 of us altogether and most of the guys worked together in different countries with each other at one time or another, so it was nice to catch up as I knew the wives, some better than others.

Food was good, and everyone got along well. Won’t need anything to eat tonight that’s for sure!!

I must look like I need a job though :rotfl:........second job offer in as many months. One friend wants me to go work with her at the University, and today one friend took me to the side and offered me her assistants job as she’s leaving, not through her own choice I gather. So my friend thinks I’d be perfect. Nice to be asked, but it was a no.......I was very flattered though.

Enjoy rest of your Sunday.........:thumbsup2

Happy Daddy’s Day!

90 degrees equals no baking today, getting ready to head out & hope between Sams & WM they have something decent to call dessert. All i need to do is then slice down turkeys, easy peasy to pull it out for sammies when kids stop by today.

Not a racing fan, DH is a channel surfer, we wind up watching the Indy races/NASCAR off & on, then in for the end...same as BB games.

First time I caught a glimpse of LeMans, had weird feeling of dejavu...that tunnel, marina & the city, almost like I had been there. Dawned on me I ‘raced’ it many times on a video game. Next best thing to being there lol

Never got around to the balloon. DTD is such a time burner, even for dinner when the parks are calling lol. On longer trips or when staying in that immediate area, it’s so nice to take boat over or walk across the street. It’s just the whole messy parking process that irritates me.

How long did the entire balloon process take? Think I still get a discount early on, had thought that’d be the way to go for me not to get frustrated with the crowds. not sure if the experienced would be better in am or pm. Any thots on that?

What did u get for lunch at kona? Haven’t been back since they tweaked the steak offering @ dinner & received my noodle dish just swarming in oil. Was thinking to give it another whirl in July, always seems to be available relatively last minute.

Re Slinky, we r staying @ BW. & have 2 sets of FP then the alien saucer on other days. Starting to think I don’t want to burn the majority of our FP entitlements nearly every day & going to switch things up. The way your DD described the attraction was exactly as I had envisioned. Figure such a small footprint, it’ll be a sardine like experience the whole first week of July there.

Did she do the alien claw ride yet? Not a fan of tea cups at all. Forced tot do the ‘mater one @ DL years ago, was not quite as fast/nauseating to me.

The balloon was cool. Didn't take long at all- longest time was spent waiting to trade the groupon for the ticket, and signing the waivers. Very smooth easy ride- maybe ten minutes total? Can see all the way to AK and the contemporary by MK. My DD was busy pointing out the different construction cranes - she instantly recognizes "her" cranes at CBR after seeing them daily for 5 months lol! We went late morning, Saturday and no wait to get into the balloon, the challenge is if there's a storm with lightening within ten miles they suspend flights.

Between the 5 of us we got Asian stir fry (delicious and just the right portion), the burger with the pork belly and egg (huge but good), small sushi sampler (pretty good- my kids are sushi snobs and this was much better than cowfish), the bowl thats like Pho (another thing my kids are snobs about- this one got numbs up), and the turkey wrap sandwich (also good and huge portion). We also got potstickers for app and they were done well. Yeah somewhat disappointed that they changed the menu some as the chicken dish with coconut rice we had last October - both DD and I loved- is gone.

Don't think the claw ride is even operational yet. THe CMs that are to be working it are apparently training in MK instead on a similar ride (which goes to show how much Disney truly bailed on this "land" - a same ride with different skin? They used to do better)

Made it to just south of Murfreesboro last night- was going to stop in Chattanooga but most hotels were full or very high rates. As it was when we stopped at a comfort suites DH went in and asked if they'd do a prorated rate since we so late checking in (around 1230 am). Got a rate of $119- pretty good I thought as it came with 2 beds and sofa bed and free breakfast in am. We were actually an hour past breakfast end time by time we made it out but staff told us to get whatever we wanted (they were just starting to clean it up- plenty of food left). Will have to leave a nice review on Trip Advisor - staff was just so nice.

Back to work Tuesday - gave myself Monday off, banquet tomorrow night and then my year of president of the club starts in July (well actually already as the flood of emails,texts has started). Supposed to go on float trip next weekend but I think I'm bailing. Would have to find someone to watch kids overnight or they'd have to go to grandmas and they just want to be home. So DH is gonna go and I'm going to enjoy sleeping in my bed and not a tent. Leave for Chicago July 7th I think for 5 or 6 days (not sure as DH doing the planning as it's his company meeting). Then DH has to turn around and go to his dads surprise retirement party. I hunk we have 3 weeks then before we head back to Orlando to get DD and drive home. DH talking about going for whole week but I have to work sometime! And it's our anniversary, his 50th bday and grandsons 3rd bday all within that week...

Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

Cracked up at the memes robo! Especially the shark/Atkins one. I used to have stuff like that plastered all over my binder when I worked in the hospital.

Robo......nice to see you post........hope you’re doing ok.......

On the mend. Bruises are healing soreness is getting better.

Glad to hear your luncheon with friends was a success.

Monyk sounds like you had a great time on vacation. Glad to hear you made it back home safely. Vacations are fun no doubt, but it’s always nice to get back home.

Last edited:

Sounds like you are thinking of Monaco, another very prestigious race. I'm taking a break from a racing game right now. I have a whole seat/wheel/pedal setup here in the garage. It's broiling outside so we are sitting in the A/C playing games.

Monyk everyone really seems to love cow fish but I got quite the digestionsl upset after eating sushi there never again, will stick to orchard court!

S yes that’s it! Lol told u I’m hopeless do u do the racing games?

It has been a long day. Since my sister woke me up at 7, I decided to go ahead and get ready. We had a little bit of the hotel’s complimentary breakfast and then went back to the room to relax until time to checkout. It was 10:45 when we were leaving. I ran into my sister in the lobby and she asked, “Are you leaving already?” Um...yeah, checkout time is 11:00. She said that “V”, my niece, hadn’t finished packing yet. They’ve been up since 7 and still haven’t finished packing????

We had time to kill before lunch. We were going to explore a historic site, but it wasn’t open yet. Instead we wanderd around Lowes for a while. Lunch was good but V did not stop talking the whole time. The restaurant have sports on the TVs, so V kept a running commentary on the World Cup.

One thing that surprised me was the way V was dressed. My sister is ultra conservative, so I was quite surprised to see her daughter wearing super short shorts and a crop top. I’m sure if B had been dressed like that my sister would have had something snarky to say. I also noticed my sister didn’t say a word when V started talking about getting tattoos in the future.

After lunch we drove to Charleston. Dh wanted to do some shopping, so we went to the outlet mall. B and I wandered off to try to find him a Father’s Day present. What we found was a shop that sold tiramisu gelato. It was pretty good. I also went into the Vera Bradley store since they were having a really good sale. I bought a cute small purse in a sold color. Most of the patterns are a bit much for me.

We went out for a late dinner and now we are getting ready to turn in for the night. Tomorrow we go do touristy stuff.

Happy Monday all! It was a glorious weekend weather-wise. Today rain is moving in with cooler weather. It was near 90 over the weekend!! No complaints here!!

Little behind here from yesterday!!

Robo- glad you're feeling better!!

Monyk- Safe travels the rest of the way home!

Lynne- Sounds like your weather is cooperating, too!

Keisha- Your trip is sooo close!!

Squirlz- Hope you enjoyed your race games!!

Schumi- Nice that you have so many job offers! Your skills are in demand!! But so are your trip planning skills!!

Charade- Have fun being touristy today!!

Have a great Monday!! 4 days until Orlando!!

images

Woot, Patty and Keisha’s trips are short countdowns.

Robo, glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope the soreness goes away quickly. Sending more good thoughts.

Charade, hoping you had a later wake up call today, and access to lots of coffee.

MonyK, hope all are happy to be home, and still snoozing with a cuddle chicken. Hope your coffee is plenty too.

That plenty coffee goes to Mac as well, those cats can be early risers.

Schumi, I hope you had lovely weather this morning, and are enjoying a lush lunch.

So odd to have a lazy Monday, but in no way am I complaining. Training for that life of leisure job. ::yes::

Make a good Monday, homies. Wake up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter