Something About Nothing............ #14

Oh Schumi, I hope your head cold goes away fast. And party you did.

Yay, Robo was also partying. Enjoy seeing the picture with green grass. Not much green around here, even with the soaking rain we will be getting tomorrow.

Ready for my lunch walk, already. Seems the day is to be sun to clouds, but so far, a beautifully bright, sunny start. We even get to see 50 today. And yes, with warmer weather, rain is what we get. Oh well, much better than the snow if the temps were just a bit lower. Freezing mess to be North of me, as the mountain areas always are cooler, while we just see rain, and a 53 high predicted on Saturday.

Dix, hope your back to school is going well. And no classes on the week-end, so park hopping for you.

Yeah, seems many homies are having cool temps. And rain, including Mac, later today.

Yep, the SANS thread is good for not only weather reports, but food talk. Pictures are a bonus, that all enjoy, with the fun of day of week, or other funny too.

467723 - nothing like a morning that seems to be going on forever. LOL

Schumi that qualifies as a party to me!

Robo nice pic! And yes, venturing out on the beach those days you’re getting a free microdermabrasion!

Charade I’ll be joining you today in the laundry Dept! Crowds in Disney aren’t very bad in late Nov, Early Dec. it’s after the American Thanksgiving and before the kids are off for Christmas.

Mac hi!

Lynne :umbrella: stay dry!

Well with all the rain, we’ve had some mud/rock slides. One of which yesterday was on the highway on Vancouver Isl. going to the west coast of the island to the towns of Tofino & Uculet. Yes, it’s the only road in or out. Unfortunately my daughter and her fiancé were booked to go there today for a few days Of vacay. hopefully they can rebook their time off work and go sometime later.

Good afternoon, homies!

@Lynne G we shall see! My dad kind of implied he wanted to do something this weekend and another friend said she wanted to hang, so I'll see. As for school so far so good. I just finished the first chapter of all the work a couple of hours ago. It was pretty heavy for a first week. I took the day off today. Considering it a mental health day as I had two horrible work days in a row. I won't bore you all with the details, but it's another day and it's been a good day.

I hope everyone has a great Friday, wonderful weekend, and that @schumigirl gets better soon!

So far today, no rain
I checked the weather channel and now find out the rain is to come Saturday and upper 50’s

And saw it’s cold and snowy in Chicago today
Glad I’m not there

Hope all the homies have the start of a great weekend!
Less than 2 hours before it is 5:00 and time to leave work

Hey, all :)

Busy week here catching up. Found 3 tax returns sitting on my dining room table to prepare upon my return, whaaaaa Somewho put that whole ball of fun out of my mind. House rule, ‘our’ return gets finished first haha

Good thing i had ENT appt scheduled, the long-standing sinus infection picked up steam again. I’m convinced the air pressure of the plane has something to do with it. Back on same regimine of antibiotics & steroids which have been not sitting right on guts this time ‘round for some reason, bleh

Do like this doctor, he was a magician of sorts with the scope, hardly felt a thing -yea. Got tested for allergies, refused skin test went with the blood type. then I will finally have my head examined :) - series of X-rays when done with meds. Assume to make sure all the gunk has disappeared. Can’t say i’m Knowledgeable about sinus stuff, other than it has now drug on for over 5 months.

Lynne - loving the memes. It’s always nice to come here and get ‘uplifted’ by the pics and the positive attitudes

Carole - feeling better? I’m impressed with concept of having a dinner party, let alone on a week night lol.

Biggger is better in my book for most things, especially cruise ships to quell the motion of the ocean...plus, they tend to have all the newest diversions.

Mac - we wound up with fog here this afternoon, rare mid day. Been raining since last night, supposed to switch over to snow, oh no, this weekend. We’ve had it really easy thus far this season for the white stuff

Isabella from Phineas and Ferb.
Nice avatar!

Never saw a complete episode. Slipped into the cracks between my youngest DS & GD’s viewing habits.

Have loved scooby since a kid, the first live action movie is pretty good for the fans among us.

After much kicking & screaming, drug into the Frozen universe a few years ago. I can recite the dialogue of the first movie, i’m Head over heels for Olaf :).
GD has moved on to more ‘mature’ movies. Me, well, let’s just say i’m All up on the disney classics. The new MM cartoons have a rather sly slant to them I find hysterical.
We didn’t have the Disney channel but did get the Nickelodeon channel when my kids were young
Ren and Stimpy was a hit in our house
No pay channels in our house.
Only had what was regular programs

Woot
Finally getting back into the 50’s later today
Ha, i made sure we had all the channels, cause “I” wanted to watch them too. especially, boomerang & Cartoon Network (rocko’s modern life, dexter’s Lab, powerful girls & especially Courage the cowardly dog:)). Simple is as simple does haha

Well......there was a dinner party last night at ours.....is that classed as a party????? party:

We decided to have one last night as it`s two of our friends birthdays this weekend, but they had plans with their family on the weekend....so I invited 12 here for dinner last night...…..spent most of the day preparing for it. Although Tom did help and set the dining room table for me in the morning just the way I asked!!!

It went really well.....last ones didn't leave till after midnight...and they all arrived around 6/6.30pm to eat around 7.30..…..so I feel shattered today. But, it was one of those easy flowing nights where we all ate well, drank well and just had a lot of fun. And with 14 people it can get rowdy....and it did a little ::yes:: .......but so much fun!

I didn`t have to make desserts as every couple brought one......we have so much left over dessert today!!!

But, did wake up with a head cold this morning......think being in the Doctors on Tuesday caused it....place was full of diseased people!!!

So, dinner tonight is dessert.......although I may get us pizza too, no cooking after all the prep yesterday......although I do love cooking!!

Lazy afternoon with Real Housewives of Beverly Hills on Hayu......Tom is through with the huge TV watching AquaMan or some such movie.....I have a blanket, although the house is warm, I feel chilly, having a hot drink and a big box of tissues as my nose seems to be most irritated today!!! Colds suck......

And as I mentioned a few weeks ago, no bacon till the weekend.....so dull breakfast of rice krispies….although I was tempted by a slice of a lovely lemon and raspberry cheesecake!!!! Stuck with Rice Krispies.

May have a hot toddy tonight.

Happy Friday all..........

Hope you feel better soon.....and keep up on it, to much nasty stuff going around......

Keishashadow sorry, sinus infections suck, esp when flying, ouch. I try to eat a lot of yogurt with antibiotics and take probiotics. They really wipe out your stomach.

At the moment we have a brief respite from the rain, yay!

Hey, all :)

Busy week here catching up. Found 3 tax returns sitting on my dining room table to prepare upon my return, whaaaaa Somewho put that whole ball of fun out of my mind. House rule, ‘our’ return gets finished first haha

Good thing i had ENT appt scheduled, the long-standing sinus infection picked up steam again. I’m convinced the air pressure of the plane has something to do with it. Back on same regimine of antibiotics & steroids which have been not sitting right on guts this time ‘round for some reason, bleh

Do like this doctor, he was a magician of sorts with the scope, hardly felt a thing -yea. Got tested for allergies, refused skin test went with the blood type. then I will finally have my head examined :) - series of X-rays when done with meds. Assume to make sure all the gunk has disappeared. Can’t say i’m Knowledgeable about sinus stuff, other than it has now drug on for over 5 months.

Lynne - loving the memes. It’s always nice to come here and get ‘uplifted’ by the pics and the positive attitudes

Carole - feeling better? I’m impressed with concept of having a dinner party, let alone on a week night lol.

Biggger is better in my book for most things, especially cruise ships to quell the motion of the ocean...plus, they tend to have all the newest diversions.

Mac - we wound up with fog here this afternoon, rare mid day. Been raining since last night, supposed to switch over to snow, oh no, this weekend. We’ve had it really easy thus far this season for the white stuff

Nice avatar!

Never saw a complete episode. Slipped into the cracks between my youngest DS & GD’s viewing habits.

Have loved scooby since a kid, the first live action movie is pretty good for the fans among us.

After much kicking & screaming, drug into the Frozen universe a few years ago. I can recite the dialogue of the first movie, i’m Head over heels for Olaf :).
GD has moved on to more ‘mature’ movies. Me, well, let’s just say i’m All up on the disney classics. The new MM cartoons have a rather sly slant to them I find hysterical.

Ha, i made sure we had all the channels, cause “I” wanted to watch them too. especially, boomerang & Cartoon Network (rocko’s modern life, dexter’s Lab, powerful girls & especially Courage the cowardly dog:)). Simple is as simple does haha

Hope you feel better soon also.

Yay......Keisha’s back........

Tax returns! Not the best thing to come home to!!

Sorry the old sinus thing got bad again, but glad you are happy with new doc.......always a help if you like them.......yes, usually a diner party is on the weekend, but most of us are happily retired early so, any night suits.....except for the surgeon who does private consultancy work Saturday mornings.......and two golfers......but not usually a consideration and one was going to London with family yesterday and the other is going to Wales for the week, so Thursday suited us all.

Gosh I remember Dexter’s Laboratory!! I wasn’t a fan of that show....Kyle however loved it!! In the house we used to live in, we had a little room that was really unused, so we covered the walls in tinfoil for him and that was his little lab.......not much effort and him and his friends loved it!!! Friends parents not so much as his friends griped to get the same :duck:

Thanks for the well wishes.........

Had a horrible nights sleep, not the nose, just one of those nights I couldn’t fall over........but strangely feeling a bit better today......and it’s Saturday so bacon is on the menu this morning. Tom is being chef and making me scrambled egg whites to go along with it......although he’s not up yet, so will have to wait a while. It’s early though, so had a cup of spiced ginger tea......

Kyle is in for dinner tonight so will give them Teriyaki Chicken stir fry, Tom will have sweet and sour chicken stir fry and I‘m having spicy chicken, pineapple and ginger (loads of sliced fresh ginger) stir fry with lemon and sweet chilli sauce......yes, it’s going to be like a ChInese restaurant tonight. I don’t mind, I complain of course while I do it ::yes::.....but, kinda like it!

No plans to go out today........

Have a great Saturday.......

Ooh, rain, rain and ooh that wind. Day to stay in, if I don’t say so.

Yay! Saturday is here. Late start, long, hot shower, and time for steak and eggs. Yeah, two steaks left over from the other night, and they go well with eggs, so there ya have it.

And like Schumi, thinking of Chinese food too. Last Saturday dinner was Mexican, but mainly because little one was here, and was not feeling our usual Saturday Chinese dinner.

But no little one this weekend, so no need to make egg whites, and Chinese dinner will most likely be requested by older one. Just he and I tonight.

Keisha, yay! You’re back. Sorry to hear of sinus issues, hope you are feeling better today. Yeah, taxes are our minds too. And ugh, after paying for both kids’ schools this month. Yeah, like the output starts in January these last couple of years. Eh, 10 year, well maybe 9 and free of school payments. The plan, hopefully.

Hooray it’s Saturday!

Most of the homies have the day off work
and can relax and not have to rush to do errands

Only thing I have to do today is decide where to have lunch today

Have a great weekend homies!

Good morning and Happy Lunar New Year. Not much planned for today. A little house cleaning and maybe a movie later.

Get well wishes to Schumi and Keisha.

Keisha - I recommend watching some of Phineas and Ferb. We are huge Disney fans and watch most of the movies when they are released, We've seen both Frozen movies and I think we own a DVD or Blue Ray of the first one. I never watched the Cartoon Network though.

Lynne - I'm thinking Chinese too. Just have to convince dh. He's not as much of a fan as I am.

I need to get up and do something productive. The spare bedroom downstairs could use some attention. I don't know how a room we rarely use gets so messy.

Looks like it’s going to be a good year to be a rat after all Happy lunar new year to all 4F2782FC-E6DE-4693-BD65-687AA9205031.jpeg
Made New stir fry oyster sauce prominent dish Thursday. Im just picking as stomach is revolting lol but disappeared yesterday, must’ve been good Think I’ll tell the mr to grab his choice of takeout after work today

Nice article on oldest DSs participation in the USA/Canada bowl in Dallas last week. Video clip of the entertaining sort of offensive plays he comes up with

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/burre...eads-national-team-to-international-bowl-win/
Keishashadow sorry, sinus infections suck, esp when flying, ouch. I try to eat a lot of yogurt with antibiotics and take probiotics. They really wipe out your stomach.

At the moment we have a brief respite from the rain, yay!
ENT actually wrote out to take probiotic pills or a container of Greek yogurt 2x day , which I do enjoy and use in place of sour cream when I can get away with it

Lynne I’ll be writing a monthly ck To pay off juniors college costs for some time. At least the first two DS are done lol

charade will have to give P&F a whirl I just noticed
Avengers endgame on Disney+. Did u watch the new live action lady & the tramp? Thot that was going to theaters

Looks like it’s going to be a good year to be a rat after all Happy lunar new year to all View attachment 468075
Made New stir fry oyster sauce prominent dish Thursday. Im just picking as stomach is revolting lol but disappeared yesterday, must’ve been good Think I’ll tell the mr to grab his choice of takeout after work today

Nice article on oldest DSs participation in the USA/Canada bowl in Dallas last week. Video clip of the entertaining sort of offensive plays he comes up with

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/burre...eads-national-team-to-international-bowl-win/

ENT actually wrote out to take probiotic pills or a container of Greek yogurt 2x day , which I do enjoy and use in place of sour cream when I can get away with it

Lynne I’ll be writing a monthly ck To pay off juniors college costs for some time. At least the first two DS are done lol

charade will have to give P&F a whirl I just noticed
Avengers endgame on Disney+. Did u watch the new live action lady & the tramp? Thot that was going to theaters
That’s good he told you to use probiotics and yogurt. I found out the hard way. I was on a course of antibiotics and then got really ill. Went to see my doctor and he said the meds wiped out both the good and bad bacteria and told me to get some probiotics. Started feeling better after starting them And yogurt.

Lynne.....hope you enjoyed a Chinese meal tonight......it’s Burns Night in Scotland today, supposed to be enjoying Haggis tonight......not really for me. I can taste a little of it as Tom loves it, but not a favourite of mine.

Congratulations to your son Keisha!! What a fabulous achievement.....he really does sound very professional. And quite a victory for the USA against Canada....you must be very proud of him, he really knows his stuff!! Hope you’re feeling better today.......I think I‘m a sheep in the Chinese calendar........doesn’t quite suit me, never been a follower.......

Stir fries were all gorgeous even if I say so myself....I did overload mine with fresh ginger.....lush!!

Still so mild here, not very January like at all. Not complaining though.....

Yep, Chinese food it was, and now full and chilling in front of my tube. Older one is playing some FPS game with his friends online. So different room for me.

Rain has left the neighborhood, with pictures of flooding seen around the City, on tonight’s news. Lucky, we left to do some errands after the rain mostly stopped, and while wet roads and wiper needed, it was not bad driving. Lots of cars out, so I guess all were stir crazy with the 2 inches of rain that fell from around 3 this morning until around 2 this afternoon and wanted to get out.

May all have a quiet and lovely evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter