Something About Nothing............ #14

Oooh, nothing like a jeep ride to put a smile on your face

She took your advice and was very very happy she did.
View attachment 499711

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like that would do wonders for my knees.
'

Happy Birthday pixiedust:pixiedust:

That's so good they are taking precautions

Wonderful news. We were doing well then the last 2 days we have spiked.

Ahem, "50 First Dates"

We must have the same windows. We havent taken the plunge to replace them as we fear they will all need replacing eventually,.

Yay, Summer break!

We were thinking of coming down for a weekend trip in September for Passholder Days, but worry about the mask thing. That being said, the county where I work is talking about mandatory masks if you are not at home.

You may have to just extend your stay to get all those meet n greets in.

Cars are scarce in the used car market. Dealers have been buying like crazy.

Oh Sue, I hope you were just stiff after sitting and enjoying your visit and that it is nothing serious.

No you really dont, 80 in humidity is like 100+ in California. We were supposed to have an indoor weekend and then hubby decided to cut down a tree. You can stand still and he sweat just rolls. If I didnt have such a distaste for a rock and cactus yard we would probably already be back out west.

Have a great week every one. 5 more days til the weekend!

That’s what I was told, they said you have to have a trade I said nope just adding another one........

We were looking at new ones though.

It`s so funny to hear of iced tea. Alien to us over here..
Iced tea is a staple in the south, especially in the summer time. We always had it in our house when I was growing up. Yesterday I had hot tea in the afternoon and then iced tea at dinner.

Lynne - Cute puzzle. We need to start on our next one.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like that would do wonders for my knees.
I have arthritis in my knees, so I hope this will be a good low impact exercise for me.

We were thinking of coming down for a weekend trip in September for Passholder Days, but worry about the mask thing. That being said, the county where I work is talking about mandatory masks if you are not at home.
Coming to Busch Gardens Williamsburg?

We are new passholders this year. I hope by September they will have lifted the mask requirement.

I have done absolutely nothing today. DH and I started binge watching a TV series and completely forgot about going to the grocery store. I have to go tomorrow after work. We have no food.

Charade yes, if pain gets worse I’ll see the doc. But it seems to be subsiding. Taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol , seems to be doing the trick.
Love a nice High Tea! Our fav place in the city closed down last year sadly. I don’t know why as they were always full. But there are other spots!

Schumi yes yes yes! Love cream tea! Our place that closed had clotted cream, preserves and scones. Yum.

Lynne lunch sounds good! I wasn’t too hungry for lunch but since I can’t skip meals I had some cottage cheese I made the other day.
I was speaking to my cousins wife on FB this morning, it is her birthday today, and she was telling me about the Orlando tornado, and the tropical storm over the gulf coast. It’s a little early for this weather isn’t it? Usually you’d expect that in Aug/Sept.

Mac I love a good pizza!

Hi Vicki! I think I pulled or sprained back muscle. But it is getting better. yay! Got my daughter to weed today while I dead headed a Rhododendron bush. The ones I didn’t have to bend down to get! Wanted to get that out of the way while it was nice out. The rains are coming.

Today was a beautiful day, sunny and high 60’s but felt hotter on our patio. Had a relaxing morning. Bacon & eggs. Did a little work around the garden that didn’t require bending or reaching. Got my daughter to do that! Had a light lunch then rested a bit. Early afternoon I went with my friend for a walk Around the neighbourhood. Slowly! Then when I returned home the Mr was already out on the patio reading. So I grabbed my book, made myself a cranberry juice and Perrier and joined him. Today I remembered the face sunscreen! Lol.

The rains are coming this week. This has been a cooler than normal June. Tile people coming Tuesday. So disappointed that our steam shower started leaking. But I’m told there are new materials out now that should take care of the problem. My contractor did manage to find tiles that match or should I say “go with” our existing tiles. They are only ripping out the floor and going up the walls 3’. There will be a glass tile border to transition between the existing and new tile.

Sue
I hope each day gets better for youse!
It’s going to take time to feel 100% .

If it were me, I’d take advantage of the situation and let the family do the gardening, house cleaning or laundry......lol

Well, it’s after 1 am and wondering if agavegirl is going to show up with more memes.
What she shared with us a few days ago were an absolute hoot.

I started watching Shark Tank around 9 and still have it on.
The first few hours I just glanced at it as already saw those episodes.
Was going to turn it off but the episodes that started twelve minutes ago are for the season I missed back then.

Hugs to all of youse!

Sue

If it were me, I’d take advantage of the situation and let the family do the gardening, house cleaning or laundry......lol

Well, it’s after 1 am and wondering if agavegirl is going to show up with more memes.

Was going to turn it off but the episodes that started twelve minutes ago are for the season I missed back then.

Hugs to all of youse!
Thanks Mac! Yes, I’m not doing any heavy stuff.
Im watching Honeymooners re-runs! It’s 11pm here. I love watching some of those old shows!

She took your advice and was very very happy she did.
View attachment 499711

You may have to just extend your stay to get all those meet n greets in.

No you really dont, 80 in humidity is like 100+ in California. We were supposed to have an indoor weekend and then hubby decided to cut down a tree. You can stand still and he sweat just rolls. If I didnt have such a distaste for a rock and cactus yard we would probably already be back out west.

Have a great week every one. 5 more days til the weekend!

I recognise that look in Monica......lol.....

They are talking about wanting to make masks mandatory now over here.....not sure it`s not a little too late......but we`ll see, if we have to wear them we`ll do as we are told.

Oh extend the trip......hmmmm…….might think about that!!! Oh I agree about the humidity.....can`t be pleasant having to do regular stuff around the home in that heat...and one of the reasons we genuinely wouldn't live in Florida if we could.

Loving your optimism it`s only 5 days till the weekend..... ::yes::

Iced tea is a staple in the south, especially in the summer time. We always had it in our house when I was growing up. Yesterday I had hot tea in the afternoon and then iced tea at dinner.

I have done absolutely nothing today. DH and I started binge watching a TV series and completely forgot about going to the grocery store. I have to go tomorrow after work. We have no food.

Sometimes a day doing nothing is one of the best days. We have lost days at times binge watching shows.....Game of Thrones was one of them.....just didn't want to not watch the next episode. I think our best was noticing it was 2.30am and we had went through 5 episodes!

Yes, I had only ever heard of iced tea on tv before we went to America......it`s just not a thing over here. I did taste it, both types.....not for me.

Charade yes, if pain gets worse I’ll see the doc. But it seems to be subsiding. Taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol , seems to be doing the trick.
Love a nice High Tea! Our fav place in the city closed down last year sadly. I don’t know why as they were always full. But there are other spots!

Schumi yes yes yes! Love cream tea! Our place that closed had clotted cream, preserves and scones. Yum.

Lynne lunch sounds good! I wasn’t too hungry for lunch but since I can’t skip meals I had some cottage cheese I made the other day.
I was speaking to my cousins wife on FB this morning, it is her birthday today, and she was telling me about the Orlando tornado, and the tropical storm over the gulf coast. It’s a little early for this weather isn’t it? Usually you’d expect that in Aug/Sept.

Mac I love a good pizza!

Hi Vicki! I think I pulled or sprained back muscle. But it is getting better. yay! Got my daughter to weed today while I dead headed a Rhododendron bush. The ones I didn’t have to bend down to get! Wanted to get that out of the way while it was nice out. The rains are coming.

Today was a beautiful day, sunny and high 60’s but felt hotter on our patio. Had a relaxing morning. Bacon & eggs. Did a little work around the garden that didn’t require bending or reaching. Got my daughter to do that! Had a light lunch then rested a bit. Early afternoon I went with my friend for a walk Around the neighbourhood. Slowly! Then when I returned home the Mr was already out on the patio reading. So I grabbed my book, made myself a cranberry juice and Perrier and joined him. Today I remembered the face sunscreen! Lol.

The rains are coming this week. This has been a cooler than normal June. Tile people coming Tuesday. So disappointed that our steam shower started leaking. But I’m told there are new materials out now that should take care of the problem. My contractor did manage to find tiles that match or should I say “go with” our existing tiles. They are only ripping out the floor and going up the walls 3’. There will be a glass tile border to transition between the existing and new tile.

Glad the pain is subsiding. Pain relief is such a necessity.

I`ve had to explain to some what clotted cream is as they hadn't seen or heard of it......heaven on a spoon. I was so disappointed when I tasted the clotted cream ice cream from Florean Fortescues…..the girl told me it wasn't like real clotted cream as Brits would know it...….and she was right, tasted more like Key lime as she described. Never got it again. We do make our own little cream teas at times, and clotted cream is calorie free I`ve been told......:rolleyes1

Good luck with the job in the shower.....hope not too much mess removing tiles.

Sue

Hugs to all of youse!

I love Shark Tank!!!! I thought it was a programme about sharks when I saw the name at first on the listings.......I`m sure I wasn`t the first! Our version is called Dragon`s Den and not so good, I prefer the American version.

Yes, it`s one you can keep watching.....some folks are hilarious.....

Hope the pizza was good.......

We have sunshine!!!!! Not sure how long it`ll last, but looking forward to a nicer walk now if it stays out.......might bring a bit of warmth to the low temps we have right now.

Kyle just asked me what his dad fancies for Father`s Day......absolutely no idea. What do you get the man who has everything.......they can`t even go karting as they usually do this year. I`ll have a think, he has been mentioned wanting a new dvd player for the front room tv, might be an idea.

Breakfast is a dull bowl of rice krispies this morning......not quite bacon, but it`ll do. I need more croissants. After our walk we`ll pop into the village and pick up some fresh ones. I did try to make my own once.......didn`t quite work out as they were supposed to. Looked more like a flat doughnut!

But, Monday again...and Vicki......now only 4 days till Friday....:thumbsup2

fat13-XL.jpg

fat22-M.jpg

Yay! A Monday is here. And another beautiful sunny day. Already bright out.

Vicki, you should come in September. While it most likely be hot, if a mask is required, I would wear one. At least there are places with AC you can go in, and shade, and places that are mask free zones, so I am hoping it will be fine. I have a light weight one that I wore on our oh so humid 100 degree feeling Friday, and while it was hot wearing it, it was not that uncomfortable. I bought a box of 30 that I put in my luggage. I most likely will wear one, and take two to change into if the first gets too icky feeling, while touring the park.

Sue, I hope you are feeling better today. Yes, let others help, and rest that back.

Schumi, I like the clotted cream, just I am definitely not English as I am not fond of milk in my tea. I tend to drink it without anything, though I like a lemon, and sometimes drink a fruit tea. My iced tea is not the Southern sweet kind, as I simply put ice in my tea that I steeped, and let cool a bit, so it doesn’t get watered down from the ice.

Mac, I always enjoyed the old Star Trek stuff. Of all the Captains, I still prefer Kirk, though I think Picard was the better of the newer ones.

Charade, yeah once in awhile I get watching a show, and time goes by before I realize it. Yeah, I thought the puzzle was cute, and almost oddly it was the choice of little one. I did pick up a large Disney Villains. We both will enjoy doing that one. I pass our done ones to others to enjoy, as we rarely keep one. Little one liked the Vinylmation enough that we did keep and glued, so she has it hung in her room.

Ooh, more tea for me. May you have a marvelous Monday each homie.

I read a blogger last night that one of the U Rest zones at
UO allowed smoking
Oh dear.
Hope he was wrong and it’s not true.

But always possible that the fall, mask won’t be required and no smoking sections.

I like hot weather but if our weather man is correct, I’ll stay in the house this week for the ac.

Hope all the homies have a fantastic week!

I am with you Mac, I hope if masks are required, no smoking where I can take my mask off. I avoid the smoking areas as much as I can.

AC here, has been cranking too, 82 the high and 88 tomorrow. We are diving into summer temps already.

Popping in to say hi before work gets too crazy today! Going to hit 90 here today so I will be looking out the window longingly wishing I were boating instead of working.

Sue M - hope you feel better soon! I have taken the coffee spill before too and man is it not fun.

Schumi - your steak pie sounded amazing hope you enjoyed that and enjoy your sunshine today!

Lynne - be sure to send pics when that Disney villains puzzle is done! Sounds like a fun one to do.

Charade - I also forgot to go to the grocery store so I will be making a run there after work too. Enjoy the new machine hope setup went well for you.

Vicki - good call only 5 days until weekend!

Mac - stay cool in that AC! Only one more day till taco Tuesday for you. :)

Have a great week to everyone else out there!

Lynne......glad you have a nice sunny day ahead.......some teas are designed not to have milk in. I enjoy them a lot too. But good old regular breakfast tea does. Iced tea sweet or otherwise isn’t something I enjoyed when I tried it, and tea in general is something I don’t enjoy in America. Someone once gave us Liptons in a restaurant........the smell alone was like something a cat would do.....don’t think I’ve ever seen it offered anywhere here. Enjoy those summer temps though......wish it was like that here!!

mac.....yes, I’d enjoy both the heat and aircon.......lol......I’m greedy like that.......

Elsa......another with gorgeous temps!!! It’s the one thing that turns me green.......lol.......hope you get on that boat soon.......

Well, it’s quite cool here......we have 54F. But,....the sun is bursting out of the sky!

So we went a drive. First time I’ve driven our car any distance since March!

It was a blast.......that Porsche engine is a lot of fun to play with!!! Hoping they start doing track days again, as they were all cancelled with this virus. Showrooms are back open so maybe later in the summer they’ll offer them again.

Thank goodness for sunglasses though! it was just nice to get out on the slightly open roads......speed cops are back out in force so gotta be careful.......

Stopped in to buy some little bits from the village store. We went out a walk this morning, but didn’t quite make the village then. It’s so quiet still most of the time, no line to get in and maybe 4 or 5 customers in so its well spread out.

Chicken in pepper sauce tonight with spicy rice and roasted red peppers.......and apple pie if we have room.

Looking forward to that......... 😁

Oh I know, Schumi, when we have tea service it is what I call breakfast tea. I tend to use my Earl Gray in the mornings, as finding proper English breakfast tea is hard to find locally. And I think tea is one that is not to my taste either, where they use local water. I tend to not order tea or coffee when in Orlando as I am always suspect of the water, and that goes for iced beverages from a fountain too. Most of the time I ask for ice water, as they get it from the machine, so I know at least it is generally filtered.

Time for lunch. While not a Tuesday, did pick up tortillas, so hoping the kids make chicken tacos, as we have chicken to use up, with recently bought tomatoes, peppers and cheese. Off to request.

Oh I know, Schumi, when we have tea service it is what I call breakfast tea. I tend to use my Earl Gray in the mornings, as finding proper English breakfast tea is hard to find locally. And I think tea is one that is not to my taste either, where they use local water. I tend to not order tea or coffee when in Orlando as I am always suspect of the water, and that goes for iced beverages from a fountain too. Most of the time I ask for ice water, as they get it from the machine, so I know at least it is generally filtered.

Time for lunch. While not a Tuesday, did pick up tortillas, so hoping the kids make chicken tacos, as we have chicken to use up, with recently bought tomatoes, peppers and cheese. Off to request.

Completely agree about the water. Tap water in Florida is foul. I can drink good tea if made there and will occasionally have a coffee. One of the nicest waters I tasted was in NY. I was so surprised it was as fresh. I expected it to be awful.

We can drink our tap water here, it is very good, and we use it for tea and coffees but for drinking water I still prefer bottled although have been known to drink tap water just fine.

I love Earl Grey, and always with a slice of lemon.......and is nice anytime. Some folks can’t function without coffee......for me, I enjoy my tea in the mornings ::yes::

Everything is cooking away nicely......chicken smells lovely.....

Now I’m hungry!

In case you guys haven't checked out the hotel stickies.....

Welcome news about the Club Levels at HRH and RPR. I know a lot of people have been waiting on this news recently.

Universal Orlando hotels’ club levels during COVID-19
Starting on Monday, June 8, both Hard Rock Hotel and Royal Pacific Resort started up their club-level services once again. With the caveat that the new protocols and practices can continue to change, here’s what Loews has on tap for right now:

• Modified hours: food service in the morning will be from 7:00 to 10:00 am; in the evening, 5:00 to 7:00 pm; and dessert, 8:00 to 9:00 pm.
  • Increased cleaning and disinfecting will be implemented.
  • Lounge seating has been modified for social distancing, including some tables being rendered for the use of only one party and other tables being removed entirely.
  • The club concierge team continues to operate as the personal concierge for club-floor guests and their planning needs.
  • Modified locations: at Hard Rock, the club locations have been moved to the foyer, outside terrace, and Apollo boardroom. (They remain the same at Royal Pacific.)

https://orlandoinformer.com/blog/universal-orlando-hotels-coronavirus-reopening-works/

Just when i thot i couldn’t love my man more...he started the laundry when i went out to provision yesterday, then insisted on finishing it all today. :).

Couple of hours of housework & several out on raft in pool today, a happy medium. Tomorrow forecast for 94 lovey degrees.

Managed to get dentist appointment the first day they are open next monday. Yea! He asked how my extracted tooth site was doing. It old him it looks exactly the same. He made sure I’m seeing the oral surgeon tomorrrow am. Growl

We’ll squint and try to imagine we’re in New Smyrna Beach........😁
CCB1B1FA-246B-476F-8988-7EC3A212CBB3.jpeg
Went down, coffee flying. Hit my left shoulder, elbow, knee..was able to get up after a couple of minutes And walk back to coffee shop. good thing we hadn’t got far. I got myself a new coffee and we sat there to drink. Tables were far apart. It was nice to get together, and ran into a few locals I know.
Back started to hurt so I had to leave. Could hardly get into car. Good thing I was only 5 min from home.
Owwwwwwie! There’s just something so much worse falling when an adult.
They agreed to take care of his dog. My friend sent me pictures. She is a cute dog, but they are not sure exactly what kind she is.
I’ve had moments of worrying about what happens to the pets left behind.
It’s Sunday and that means Mr Mac and I order pizza
100% sure of knowing sunday lol. Thinking you need to associate a food group with each day. Wednesday & Thursday used to blend together for me until Lynne became so diligent with the Camel:)

It`s so funny to hear of iced tea. Alien to us over here.
Please, tell me you’ve tried some ‘real’ home-brewed sweet tea. To die for :). Nobody does it better than in the south. Usually with a syrup sugar
It’s in my refrigerator every day. My drink of choice other than the java in the AM

:wave2: just popping in to say a quick " Hi "

It's cold, windy and wet here ( was the same all weekend ) and my heater is on under my desk.

It seems everyone is well. @Sue M I hope your starting to feel better from you fall.

Have a great day everyone. Off to watch more Universal opening videos, and shuffle more papers around off my desk.

Monday again. Ugh. I got word today that one of our part time therapists will be leaving us next month. I'm not really upset about it. He's a really nice guy and a great therapist, but is useless when it comes to administrative tasks. I will not miss dealing with his scheduling and billing.

Tomorrow I need to have a talk with my boss. Her husband handles our claim payments. I have asked her to turn the job over to me, but she won't do it. Today he left me a problem that he didn't understand how to correct. Back in April Anthem had underpaid a few claims. We just got a new check that made up the difference for those claims. He didn't understand how to record it, so he just deleted the original claim payments. You can't do that. Have I mentioned recently that I really need a vacation?

she was telling me about the Orlando tornado, and the tropical storm over the gulf coast. It’s a little early for this weather isn’t it? Usually you’d expect that in Aug/Sept.
June 1 is the official start of hurricane season, but you are right, we usually don't see storms quite this early. With everything else that has happened so far this year I am afraid to see what hurricane season will be like.

Sometimes a day doing nothing is one of the best days. We have lost days at times binge watching shows.....Game of Thrones was one of them.....just didn't want to not watch the next episode. I think our best was noticing it was 2.30am and we had went through 5 episodes!
I wanted to keep watching, but I needed sleep since I had to go to work today. We are almost to the end of this series. I am going to be really sad to see it end.

I`ve had to explain to some what clotted cream is as they hadn't seen or heard of it...
I think reading Harry Potter is where I first heard of clotted cream. What they serve here is more like butter. Hopefully one day I will get to travel to England and try real clotted cream.

did pick up a large Disney Villains. We both will enjoy doing that one.
Can't wait to see that one. We have 2 puzzles left in our house and one more on order. The last puzzles is being shipped from China, so who knows how long it will take to get here.

UO allowed smoking
Oh dear.
Does Universal still have smoking areas or have they banned it like Disney did? I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke.

Enjoy the new machine hope setup went well for you.
It's still in the box. We are waiting to get rid of our sofa, so we have more room available.

Just when i thot i couldn’t love my man more...he started the laundry when i went out to provision yesterday, then insisted on finishing it all today. :).
He's a keeper.

I’ve had moments of worrying about what happens to the pets left behind.
Another friend took in a cat when her brother died unexpectedly. Sadly, a lot of pets probably end up in a shelter.

It’s in my refrigerator every day. My drink of choice other than the java in the AM
I used to always have a pitcher of tea in the fridge. After my kidney stoned I was advised to only drink it occasionally. I now only drink tea when I go out to eat. I am particular about where I order it. Not all restaurant tea is created equal.

Dh is going to a martial arts class, so I am trying to find something to entertain myself. It's only 7:30. I just feel like putting on my pyjamas and watching some mindless TV.

Charade, is B. housing at school in the Fall? Little one found out that some classes will be in person, but most will be online, and all at school are to go home and not come back, online only after Thanksgiving break. Hence, we have decided she will stay home this Fall semester, and if need to go to an in person class, she can take the train that day or days. School sells a discounted rail pass, so we will look at that if she does have a campus class. Another semester where the finals are online. She is not happy about that. For now, older one’s college has been silent, but I believe he will be online this Fall semester, and since he commutes, he can go in if the campus has a class or two, but the City college has already said online only, so I would think his college would follow suit.

Ah, such a beautiful day, grill fired up again, freshly ground sirloin burgers with all but little one a bacon cheese burger. Double patty for the men. Nothing left, and a very tasty slice of today made cheesecake. Oh my. Resting is the best part of a Monday night.

Eek, Keisha, good luck at the dentist. No open dentists here so far. Sigh. Waiting patiently for green, as I need eye exam and hair salon as soon as I can. Most are hoping middle of July, as my work is floating the idea of staggering the in office coming in around then, for a day or two, but no word on when all will be recalled. I don’t expect a back to commute routine at least until the Fall.

So far B's school says they will be open as usual for the fall, so she will be back living on campus. They have revised the fall schedule some. There will no longer be a fall break in October. Classes will go up until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The students will leave for Thanksgiving break and not return until the start of speing semester. Final exams will be held online.

Hello!
am at SF 20 September to 25 September, then RPR 25 September until 2 October. i am really hoping you do come when planned this September, and would be nice if we happen to do cross paths with you.
So far I’m planning Sept 23-27 at SF. Was going to do Disney 27-30 but if still on reservation system, no park hoppin etc I’ll just extend at SF.
Really started hurting, on right side of bac
OUCH- glad the pain seems to be improving.
Did you guys see the tornado hit Orlando last night? Some of the videos out there are quite incredible
Girls and DH were at the pool when alert came through. They stayed in pool until lightening made them get out. I had he news on. The poor weather people were having a hard time describing where it was at and what was goi g on. Bein from the Midwest where tornadoes are common in the spring I’m tellin the TV “dude the hook is there at the bottom. The spin and rotation where you are pointing is concerning but the HOOK! DUDE!” At least they were telling people to seek shelter and not try to take pictures (that’s reserved for us Midwesterners only lol)
Iced tea is a staple in the south, e
Southern sweet tea is way too sweet for me. I did make a pitcher of peach tea today though. Made good Tipsy Palmers for the pool this afternoon (tea, lemonade, vodka)
Mac, I always enjoyed the old Star Trek stuff. Of all the Captains, I still prefer Kirk, though I think Picard was the better of the newer ones.
Sisco, Janeway and Picard are tied for me. Sisco is actually the most complex and nuanced character in trekverse I think.
UO allowed smoking
Oh dear.

But always possible that the fall, mask won’t be required and no smoking sections.
I asked that question on a vlog and someone said the ,ask free areas are quite large and easy to separate from smokers. I cannot be by smoke if I wish to stay out of the ER.
So we went a drive. First time I’ve driven our car any distance since March!
Yay for putting the Porsche through the paces! Driving down I said I was out of practice driving! I think I’ve driven maybe a total of 2 hours since March 17th until Friday when I took my turn driving to Orlando.
You can't do that. Have I mentioned recently that I really need a vacation?
Omg. Why would she allow him to work when it affects her business? Grrr he’d have been long gone or I would have been - you must have a ton more patience!
Well Cristobel blew by- Sunday was storms all day. Went to Jax to see DHs oldest and family. They took us to a great place on the beach - tucked in among residential condos, not a tourist place but fantastic food, great drinks and very good prices. Cleared up enough to actually see the beach and a few brave surfers. Hung out at their house playing games, then went to dinner- their favorite Mexican place. I think I gained 5# yesterday- and I brought back 1/2 of both meals!
Was supposed to be rainy most of today. Waited all day for rain- took a break from working and played mini golf (at this resort- themed to key west) with the boy- hot, humid and blue sky kept trying to break through. The girls and DH went to UCF to walk around the campus- middles home come fall. UCF is planning on campus classes. Oldest actually got a bit of sunburn on shoulders. Spent afternoon poolside with Tipsy Palmer drinks. And oh Lordy- ice cream socials daily 3-345: DH bought 3 refillable bowls good for refills everyday for length of stay. The amount they give you + toppings is enough for 2 people (per bowl). We’ve usually not had much time we spend at resort so this is actually nice. The other big pool and hot tub opened up today- chairs are zip tied together in groups of two and spaced out around tables with umbrellas. Between the two pools and low occupancy it’s really easy to space yourself out way more than the 6’.
Tomorrow is our trial at Universal. Will see how the mask thing goes. Lots of Passholder incentives right now.
The WHO came out today and said asymptomatic transmission is rare. That’s the whole point for the masks so I expect the masks in open areas to go away rather quickly. I think we will have way more data by mid/end of July when we see if there’s a huge spike in severe cases/hospitalizations/deaths. I think we will see some, but not overwhelming amount. Even though cases seem up in spots hospitalizations for Covid are declining in majority of areas.
Ugh some are sideways: dd ginormous burrito, mini golf, pool this afternoon, kids working on puzzle, the beach view from restaurant Sunday, finished Harry Potter puzzle.
Hope everyone has a great night!

Attachments

• 2ADFBD42-FC56-4F0F-9F1C-84E503E4D56D.jpeg
    2ADFBD42-FC56-4F0F-9F1C-84E503E4D56D.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 91D3B61E-002B-4BCA-B70A-1609776F8770.jpeg
    91D3B61E-002B-4BCA-B70A-1609776F8770.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 9D34B4DB-5BAB-49D5-AA2B-589C3AAFE86B.jpeg
    9D34B4DB-5BAB-49D5-AA2B-589C3AAFE86B.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 91708B60-CD30-4A1E-96B2-06F3725E6F38.jpeg
    91708B60-CD30-4A1E-96B2-06F3725E6F38.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 892CB689-DFED-4869-9F95-06AF7C120A14.jpeg
    892CB689-DFED-4869-9F95-06AF7C120A14.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 9
  • F6D73F66-436C-4ABB-B901-C59472178E63.jpeg
    F6D73F66-436C-4ABB-B901-C59472178E63.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 7057FAE7-4ED3-4FE5-AEDB-869974D9A6FC.jpeg
    7057FAE7-4ED3-4FE5-AEDB-869974D9A6FC.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter