Something About Nothing............ #14

Hey Homies, @mckennarose @macraven @Charade67 @Lynne G @Sue M @Pumpkin1172 @keishashadow

As well as everyone else, I know I’m forgetting some.....

Hope everyone is well....

Came home today to Father’s Day gifts already......

Seems the fam wanted to show their support to Tommy Bahama....:teeth:

Also since I have to travel so much....(yeah it’s sooooooo rough........) for work....

They got me a new shaver and travel pack, which is great because how much I’ve been going since this covid I’ve nearly all but worn out the electric shaver I got in February.....

I’m also getting some nautical hints.......

I don’t dare think my wife has something up her sleeve for Disney’s Yacht Club!!!:teeth:

Sue I hope your feeling better, and hope everyone else is great also!

Last edited:
Is Father’s Day this weekend???

I’m glad you posted getting early dad day gifts ....
I have time to get a card for Mr Mac now.

I swear I love this thread as peeps tell me the day of the week and holidays in advance and everything needed to know in life.
Really and truly......

Wait unto you retire and all your days blend together.
One but I’d advise is to get a daily newspaper delivery so you know the days date!

I have a calendar in the kitchen but if I do not know the day of the week, I’m still screwed until Lynne mentions it’s hump day or Keisha says walking dead is on fb that night

I did a blunder for dinner tonight
I thought it was Taco Bell night but really was left over pizza from Sunday’s dominoes

Like I said, wait until you retire everyday is a surprise

thanks for the tip off dpln
Sunday is Father’s Day and I have time to get him
Thanx homie!

dpln Thanks for the tip off’

Just when i thot i couldn’t love my man more...he started the laundry when i went out to provision yesterday, then insisted on finishing it all today. :).

Couple of hours of housework & several out on raft in pool today, a happy medium. Tomorrow forecast for 94 lovey degrees.

Managed to get dentist appointment the first day they are open next monday. Yea! He asked how my extracted tooth site was doing. It old him it looks exactly the same. He made sure I’m seeing the oral surgeon tomorrrow am. Growl

View attachment 499889

Owwwwwwie! There’s just something so much worse falling when an adult.

I’ve had moments of worrying about what happens to the pets left behind.

100% sure of knowing sunday lol. Thinking you need to associate a food group with each day. Wednesday & Thursday used to blend together for me until Lynne became so diligent with the Camel:)

Please, tell me you’ve tried some ‘real’ home-brewed sweet tea. To die for :). Nobody does it better than in the south. Usually with a syrup sugar

It’s in my refrigerator every day. My drink of choice other than the java in the AM

lol.....funny meme!!!!

Yes, your husband is a star!!! It`s one thing Tom doesn`t really do.....he says as our machine is all digital...it confuses him!!! Yes, a Chartered Engineer to trade and a little machine confuses him....lol....I think he fib a little!!

Good luck today, hope they look after you, you have a very good dentist who does care what happens to you.....always good. So many horror stories out there with dentists.

I did try sweet tea....it was so sweet I gagged.....lol.....not for me. It was in a friend who lived in Celebration that made us one to try when we went to visit a few trips ago....he said I`d like it....I didn't. Maybe as I don't take sugar in anything??? Will stick to a good old strong cuppa Twinings…..

Have some pictures for you, will send them later......:thumbsup2

:wave2: just popping in to say a quick " Hi "

It's cold, windy and wet here ( was the same all weekend ) and my heater is on under my desk.

It seems everyone is well. @Sue M I hope your starting to feel better from you fall.

Have a great day everyone. Off to watch more Universal opening videos, and shuffle more papers around off my desk.

Hey Pumpkin......good to see you......oh sounds like nasty weather for you over there, hope it improves!! Oh yes, some of those videos are very good. I never usually watch them, I prefer to read folks views, but seeing the calm everywhere there is quite nice.....:wave2:

Monday again. Ugh. I got word today that one of our part time therapists will be leaving us next month. I'm not really upset about it. He's a really nice guy and a great therapist, but is useless when it comes to administrative tasks. I will not miss dealing with his scheduling and billing.

Tomorrow I need to have a talk with my boss. Her husband handles our claim payments. I have asked her to turn the job over to me, but she won't do it. Today he left me a problem that he didn't understand how to correct. Back in April Anthem had underpaid a few claims. We just got a new check that made up the difference for those claims. He didn't understand how to record it, so he just deleted the original claim payments. You can't do that. Have I mentioned recently that I really need a vacation?

June 1 is the official start of hurricane season, but you are right, we usually don't see storms quite this early. With everything else that has happened so far this year I am afraid to see what hurricane season will be like.

I wanted to keep watching, but I needed sleep since I had to go to work today. We are almost to the end of this series. I am going to be really sad to see it end.

I think reading Harry Potter is where I first heard of clotted cream. What they serve here is more like butter. Hopefully one day I will get to travel to England and try real clotted cream.

Can't wait to see that one. We have 2 puzzles left in our house and one more on order. The last puzzles is being shipped from China, so who knows how long it will take to get here.

Does Universal still have smoking areas or have they banned it like Disney did? I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke.

It's still in the box. We are waiting to get rid of our sofa, so we have more room available.

He's a keeper.

Another friend took in a cat when her brother died unexpectedly. Sadly, a lot of pets probably end up in a shelter.

I used to always have a pitcher of tea in the fridge. After my kidney stoned I was advised to only drink it occasionally. I now only drink tea when I go out to eat. I am particular about where I order it. Not all restaurant tea is created equal.

Dh is going to a martial arts class, so I am trying to find something to entertain myself. It's only 7:30. I just feel like putting on my pyjamas and watching some mindless TV.

Last thing Orlando needs is a bad hurricane season this year!

Clotted cream is a real luxury item.....as in calories!!! It`s very rich and you really can`t eat a lot of it, well I can`t. Some on a scone is just enough. I had some real clotted cream ice cream in Cornwall years ago, it was honestly the nicest ice cream I ever tasted. I tried to recreate it, but was never the same. You`d like it I think.

Pajamas and tv are a nice way to spend an evening.

Hello!
So far I’m planning Sept 23-27 at SF. Was going to do Disney 27-30 but if still on reservation system, no park hoppin etc I’ll just extend at SF.
OUCH- glad the pain seems to be improving.
Girls and DH were at the pool when alert came through. They stayed in pool until lightening made them get out. I had he news on. The poor weather people were having a hard time describing where it was at and what was goi g on. Bein from the Midwest where tornadoes are common in the spring I’m tellin the TV “dude the hook is there at the bottom. The spin and rotation where you are pointing is concerning but the HOOK! DUDE!” At least they were telling people to seek shelter and not try to take pictures (that’s reserved for us Midwesterners only lol)
Southern sweet tea is way too sweet for me. I did make a pitcher of peach tea today though. Made good Tipsy Palmers for the pool this afternoon (tea, lemonade, vodka)
Sisco, Janeway and Picard are tied for me. Sisco is actually the most complex and nuanced character in trekverse I think.
I asked that question on a vlog and someone said the ,ask free areas are quite large and easy to separate from smokers. I cannot be by smoke if I wish to stay out of the ER.
Yay for putting the Porsche through the paces! Driving down I said I was out of practice driving! I think I’ve driven maybe a total of 2 hours since March 17th until Friday when I took my turn driving to Orlando.

Omg. Why would she allow him to work when it affects her business? Grrr he’d have been long gone or I would have been - you must have a ton more patience!
Well Cristobel blew by- Sunday was storms all day. Went to Jax to see DHs oldest and family. They took us to a great place on the beach - tucked in among residential condos, not a tourist place but fantastic food, great drinks and very good prices. Cleared up enough to actually see the beach and a few brave surfers. Hung out at their house playing games, then went to dinner- their favorite Mexican place. I think I gained 5# yesterday- and I brought back 1/2 of both meals!
Was supposed to be rainy most of today. Waited all day for rain- took a break from working and played mini golf (at this resort- themed to key west) with the boy- hot, humid and blue sky kept trying to break through. The girls and DH went to UCF to walk around the campus- middles home come fall. UCF is planning on campus classes. Oldest actually got a bit of sunburn on shoulders. Spent afternoon poolside with Tipsy Palmer drinks. And oh Lordy- ice cream socials daily 3-345: DH bought 3 refillable bowls good for refills everyday for length of stay. The amount they give you + toppings is enough for 2 people (per bowl). We’ve usually not had much time we spend at resort so this is actually nice. The other big pool and hot tub opened up today- chairs are zip tied together in groups of two and spaced out around tables with umbrellas. Between the two pools and low occupancy it’s really easy to space yourself out way more than the 6’.
Tomorrow is our trial at Universal. Will see how the mask thing goes. Lots of Passholder incentives right now.
The WHO came out today and said asymptomatic transmission is rare. That’s the whole point for the masks so I expect the masks in open areas to go away rather quickly. I think we will have way more data by mid/end of July when we see if there’s a huge spike in severe cases/hospitalizations/deaths. I think we will see some, but not overwhelming amount. Even though cases seem up in spots hospitalizations for Covid are declining in majority of areas.
Ugh some are sideways: dd ginormous burrito, mini golf, pool this afternoon, kids working on puzzle, the beach view from restaurant Sunday, finished Harry Potter puzzle.
Hope everyone has a great night!

Good to see you too MonyK!!

I forgot you are used to things like tornadoes where you live.....but where would we be without folks who go out and film those things and take pictures.....lol......brave folks....I`d be running the other way!!!

Yes, sitting near smokers is a massive no no from me.....hate it. But if you have asthma it`s a hundred times worse.

Oh it was fabulous driving yesterday....like you I had barely been behind the wheel all year!! And we only got this car last May so it still feels brand new. I said to Tom I wouldn`t mind keeping this one longer. We always change our cars every three years, he`s always done that since before I met him.....but this one....I really, really love it!!! After driving Mercedes for twenty years or so it`s a change. But, glad you enjoyed the journey down......how long does it take you drive there MonyK.....I`m sure you`ve mentioned it before, but I forget.......

We saw the Who directive today too and wondered the same thing. They`re just starting to think about implementing the use of masks everywhere......too little too late.....but hopefully they`ll pay attention. Deaths are dropping here too. I`m thinking as a positive.....

Enjoy Universal and the rest of the trip :wave2:

mac....you having taco tonight????? Yep, it`s Tuesday....my email is offline right now.....they`re fiddling at the main box or some other excuse they give......it`s funny we still have internet......so can`t send or receive right now......will reply later! I have several I need to reply to this morning....always the way!!! Oh and mac you have time yet.....Father`s Day isn't till the 21st.....you have another weekend to go yet.

It`s been an interesting couple of days. Aren`t some people funny.....and made me thankful for my friends so much. It`s always lovely to know they`re around......in real life and online...….they know who they are :hug:

Today I have the bug to drive again...….it`s quite nice outside, still chilly but the sun is there......supposed to be cloudy later so will go out this morning......not much else to do.....housework all up to date....well, mostly...…inside of windows will wait till another day. Window cleaner comes every two weeks, so I like them to be gleaming when the outsides are too......

No idea for food today.....one of our local pubs has only started doing carry out meals, so we may go there for dinner tonight. I`m not overly fond of getting restaurant food for take out, but sounds like they need the business.

Hope all have good weather......

fat17-L.jpg

fat12-XL.jpg

Have a wonderful Tuesday...........:sunny:

1456C563-BC35-4BC1-AB66-C464505D54A3.jpeg

Yay! Taco Tuesday is here, and the day Mac usually does her Taco Bell run for a taco dinner tonight.

Cat does not look happy, so all the homies need to eat a taco or two today, so don’t let that cat be mad, remember it’s 🌮 Tuesday.

With that, a hot day is already bright out, and close to 90 we will be. Suntan lotion is recommended if out for more than a few minutes. Oh will be wearing a hat, and yes, will use that suntan lotion if I am outside for any length of time. I am a pale person, so I hate to be sunburning red or even pink. My kids take after my DH, and tan oh so nicely. Sigh.

Yay! DisneyLife gets some early Father’s Day gifts. So nice of the family to be gift givers of such awesome gifts. We like the Yacht Club more than the Beach Club when staying on that part of Disney’s hotels. Sweet!

Ah, you know, very pleasant inside as heard the AC cranking last night. Perfect temp inside for my second cup of tea.

Later homies, glad to hear MonyK is okay and having fun, and woot, we will both be at SF this September, will try to say hello to you as well. Decided I would buy the BOGO ticket. If I decide to go more nights, I am sure they can upgrade my tickets with the difference in price. Two days sound perfect, as hoping to join a private tour on one of those nights.

lol.....funny meme!!!!

Yes, your husband is a star!!! It`s one thing Tom doesn`t really do.....he says as our machine is all digital...it confuses him!!! Yes, a Chartered Engineer to trade and a little machine confuses him....lol....I think he fib a little!!

Good luck today, hope they look after you, you have a very good dentist who does care what happens to you.....always good. So many horror stories out there with dentists.

I did try sweet tea....it was so sweet I gagged.....lol.....not for me. It was in a friend who lived in Celebration that made us one to try when we went to visit a few trips ago....he said I`d like it....I didn't. Maybe as I don't take sugar in anything??? Will stick to a good old strong cuppa Twinings…..

Have some pictures for you, will send them later......:thumbsup2

Hey Pumpkin......good to see you......oh sounds like nasty weather for you over there, hope it improves!! Oh yes, some of those videos are very good. I never usually watch them, I prefer to read folks views, but seeing the calm everywhere there is quite nice.....:wave2:

Last thing Orlando needs is a bad hurricane season this year!

Clotted cream is a real luxury item.....as in calories!!! It`s very rich and you really can`t eat a lot of it, well I can`t. Some on a scone is just enough. I had some real clotted cream ice cream in Cornwall years ago, it was honestly the nicest ice cream I ever tasted. I tried to recreate it, but was never the same. You`d like it I think.

Pajamas and tv are a nice way to spend an evening.

Good to see you too MonyK!!

I forgot you are used to things like tornadoes where you live.....but where would we be without folks who go out and film those things and take pictures.....lol......brave folks....I`d be running the other way!!!

Yes, sitting near smokers is a massive no no from me.....hate it. But if you have asthma it`s a hundred times worse.

Oh it was fabulous driving yesterday....like you I had barely been behind the wheel all year!! And we only got this car last May so it still feels brand new. I said to Tom I wouldn`t mind keeping this one longer. We always change our cars every three years, he`s always done that since before I met him.....but this one....I really, really love it!!! After driving Mercedes for twenty years or so it`s a change. But, glad you enjoyed the journey down......how long does it take you drive there MonyK.....I`m sure you`ve mentioned it before, but I forget.......

We saw the Who directive today too and wondered the same thing. They`re just starting to think about implementing the use of masks everywhere......too little too late.....but hopefully they`ll pay attention. Deaths are dropping here too. I`m thinking as a positive.....

Enjoy Universal and the rest of the trip :wave2:

mac....you having taco tonight????? Yep, it`s Tuesday....my email is offline right now.....they`re fiddling at the main box or some other excuse they give......it`s funny we still have internet......so can`t send or receive right now......will reply later! I have several I need to reply to this morning....always the way!!! Oh and mac you have time yet.....Father`s Day isn't till the 21st.....you have another weekend to go yet.

It`s been an interesting couple of days. Aren`t some people funny.....and made me thankful for my friends so much. It`s always lovely to know they`re around......in real life and online...….they know who they are :hug:

Today I have the bug to drive again...….it`s quite nice outside, still chilly but the sun is there......supposed to be cloudy later so will go out this morning......not much else to do.....housework all up to date....well, mostly...…inside of windows will wait till another day. Window cleaner comes every two weeks, so I like them to be gleaming when the outsides are too......

No idea for food today.....one of our local pubs has only started doing carry out meals, so we may go there for dinner tonight. I`m not overly fond of getting restaurant food for take out, but sounds like they need the business.

Hope all have good weather......

View attachment 499951

fat17-L.jpg

fat12-XL.jpg

View attachment 499953

Have a wonderful Tuesday...........:sunny:

WOW Schumi I really like that last one.....!

I deal with some folks sometimes that always just give you that feeling of........hmmmmm what’s this all about?

Well you know me I’m just usually the one that laughs at it and that thought rings in my head.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day we have another hot one in the 90’s then we will be in the low to mid 70’s so a bit of a change all though quite comfortable.

:wave2:

WOW Schumi I really like that last one.....!

I deal with some folks sometimes that always just give you that feeling of........hmmmmm what’s this all about?

Well you know me I’m just usually the one that laughs at it and that thought rings in my head.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day we have another hot one in the 90’s then we will be in the low to mid 70’s so a bit of a change all though quite comfortable.

:wave2:

Yes, it’s a good one isn’t it. Some folks do seem to be like that and it shows to many.

I think a lot of people recognise someone like that. And I think some things are easy to recognise in certain people.

We all laugh at different things of course. Some make it easier than others to laugh at things. Of course if people really do bother you.....there’s always a way to ignore them. I find that best when folks show themselves to what they are.

Fortunately, I have many friends, so people like that......I pay them no mind. I always love the saying, when someone shows you who they are.....believe them.

Well......rain has appeared again......so no drive today for us. It’s quite dark in the house so lamps are on in this room......

Kyle is well into his zoom meeting in the study, so we’re being extra quiet......although we never usually disturb him as he’s quite away from us where he is in the house.

I have a chicken roasting in the Aga.......it’s usually switched off by now, but weather hasn’t been great, so will keep it on for a bit longer.......

Having a look at Sous Vides....still trying to decide which one to get. So many recommendations from folks.......I’ll get one eventually.......

Time for afternoon pot of tea........::yes::

Anyway.........there are some fabulous pictures of the new JP coaster on Alicia Stella and Bioreconstruct Twitter sites......

They seem to have moved along tremendously in the last months!

It looks to be an amazing coaster!!

Oh Lynne, you’re doing a private tour again? Glad to hear it, everyone raves about them for sure.......if we didn’t go so many nights, we’d do one too......although not sure our legs would hold out till the end of the night after so many days and nights in the parks!!

Enjoy that tea and watch out for the sun........:sunny:

Time for more tea.......hope pot isn’t empty.......

Yes, it’s a good one isn’t it. Some folks do seem to be like that and it shows to many.

I think a lot of people recognise someone like that. And I think some things are easy to recognise in certain people.

We all laugh at different things of course. Some make it easier than others to laugh at things. Of course if people really do bother you.....there’s always a way to ignore them. I find that best when folks show themselves to what they are.

Fortunately, I have many friends, so people like that......I pay them no mind. I always love the saying, when someone shows you who they are.....believe them.

Well......rain has appeared again......so no drive today for us. It’s quite dark in the house so lamps are on in this room......

Kyle is well into his zoom meeting in the study, so we’re being extra quiet......although we never usually disturb him as he’s quite away from us where he is in the house.

I have a chicken roasting in the Aga.......it’s usually switched off by now, but weather hasn’t been great, so will keep it on for a bit longer.......

Having a look at Sous Vides....still trying to decide which one to get. So many recommendations from folks.......I’ll get one eventually.......

Time for afternoon pot of tea........::yes::

Indeed!!!

Anyway.........there are some fabulous pictures of the new JP coaster on Alicia Stella and Bioreconstruct Twitter sites......

They seem to have moved along tremendously in the last months!

It looks to be an amazing coaster!!

Oh Lynne, you’re doing a private tour again? Glad to hear it, everyone raves about them for sure.......if we didn’t go so many nights, we’d do one too......although not sure our legs would hold out till the end of the night after so many days and nights in the parks!!

Enjoy that tea and watch out for the sun........:sunny:

Time for more tea.......hope pot isn’t empty.......

Yes they both do some great stuff, Alicia has been on that before dirt was even moved.

As always @bioreconstruct has the great shots and info too.

@macraven.......I have replied to you, but email is wonky again......It’s sitting in a box waiting to go......will send it as soon as email decides to co-operate again....... :thumbsup2

Dinner almost ready now......everyone is starving!! Good to see......

Quick lunchtime post. Nothing interesting going on here. Dh and I finished our binge watch last night. Now we need to find a new show to watch.

Southern sweet tea is way too sweet for me.
There are some people who will tell you that there is no such thing as tea that is too sweet. I don’t agree. While I love my sweet tea, there are some places, like McDonalds, where I can’t drink it. McD’s tea is way too sweet.

Omg. Why would she allow him to work when it affects her business? Grrr he’d have been long gone or I would have been - you must have a ton more patience!
I have been asking myself that for years. He has been doing this job long before I came to work for her, but now seems to have forgotten some of the most basic things. She has blamed it on the virus and how much it has upset him. I just hope it is not a memory issue. (He’s at least 75, possibly older.)

Came home today to Father’s Day gifts already......

I haven’t even given any thought to Father’s Day yet. I could be nice and make sure B something for Dh, or I could be petty and ignore it like he did for Mother’s Day.

No tacos for us tonight. B has requested teriyaki chicken. Now I need to get back to work and clean up some billing messes.

I wouldn`t mind keeping this one longer. We
If you love the vehicle keep it! Sometimes it’s hard to really find a car you truly enjoy.
it takes around17 hours driving with minimal stops. With three drivers not so bad but on way back will just be me and middle so we will break it up into two days. No rush.
Middle won another prize at that shooting game. She warned the TM running it she’s won before - not sure he believed her but she knocked all the cans down with 2nd shot (of her second round- did take a bit more this time) . Park is dead! The wait times are how long it takes to make it through the physically distance queue! And folks are being good about keeping space. The blue paper like masks are definitely more comfortable for me than cloth ones.
Really moving along on Jurassic coaster!!2

Attachments

• 286BC517-4E4E-45B8-A667-8A0FE74DE322.jpeg
    286BC517-4E4E-45B8-A667-8A0FE74DE322.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 704A46BF-EAC6-47E0-BB3F-B848CA146A63.jpeg
    704A46BF-EAC6-47E0-BB3F-B848CA146A63.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 4C3AE8BE-8351-48C9-954B-68F8F09C6524.jpeg
    4C3AE8BE-8351-48C9-954B-68F8F09C6524.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 10
I’m spending today setting up boxes of
Save
Donate
Trash can

I hope to make a dent in what I have left in the closet in my study

Why have a walk in closet when you need to scoot over boxes in it to get to the item you need in it...

Always a fun job to do!!!

I agree about the closets.....we made sure all boxes are now up in the attic.......but it takes time, and so easy to start collecting stuff again!!

Our charity stores open up again Monday, so we have a huge haul for them which I’m sure will be appreciated......

Hope you get most of it done.........

Quick lunchtime post. Nothing interesting going on here. Dh and I finished our binge watch last night. Now we need to find a new show to watch.

There are some people who will tell you that there is no such thing as tea that is too sweet. I don’t agree. While I love my sweet tea, there are some places, like McDonalds, where I can’t drink it. McD’s tea is way too sweet.

I have been asking myself that for years. He has been doing this job long before I came to work for her, but now seems to have forgotten some of the most basic things. She has blamed it on the virus and how much it has upset him. I just hope it is not a memory issue. (He’s at least 75, possibly older.)

I haven’t even given any thought to Father’s Day yet. I could be nice and make sure B something for Dh, or I could be petty and ignore it like he did for Mother’s Day.

No tacos for us tonight. B has requested teriyaki chicken. Now I need to get back to work and clean up some billing messes.

Oh there’s always plenty of shows to binge watch!! Far too many at times......

Teriyaki Chicken is one of Kyle’s favourite dishes. Always popular in this house........enjoy the rest of your afternoon......

If you love the vehicle keep it! Sometimes it’s hard to really find a car you truly enjoy.
it takes around17 hours driving with minimal stops. With three drivers not so bad but on way back will just be me and middle so we will break it up into two days. No rush.
Middle won another prize at that shooting game. She warned the TM running it she’s won before - not sure he believed her but she knocked all the cans down with 2nd shot (of her second round- did take a bit more this time) . Park is dead! The wait times are how long it takes to make it through the physically distance queue! And folks are being good about keeping space. The blue paper like masks are definitely more comfortable for me than cloth ones.
Really moving along on Jurassic coaster!!2

Loving the pictures!!!

Yes, I was looking earlier on some Twitter sites and that coaster is rising like a demon!!

I imagine it’s quite an adventure driving like that......and good that you can share the driving. Will be fun to take two days on the way home too.....I like that idea.

Oh Tom I’m sure once the three years is up will have found another car to upgrade to......I don’t mind really as I’m used to changing them so often. We did keep one four years once, but he was waiting for the new model, the C63 to come out. I enjoy all our vehicles though......

Glad to hear you’re having such a good trip.....crowds sound fabulous!!!! Make the most of it this trip.......a few folks have mentioned to me those masks are good......may invest in some......thanks for the update.......have fun!!!

Dinner is done for another evening.......and it’s still dull as heck over here. The sky out to sea is black as night.....but no rain forecast.

Fancy watching a movie tonight.......maybe a comedy....... :thumbsup2

Hi all,

Finally checking in. It's been a crazy week and now I can breathe a little easier. One of my family members had been sent to DC to work the front lines and he's home safe now, thankfully! We were very worried about his safety because of the violence going on against law enforcement. Protest is a legal right. Rioting, looting, vandalism, assault, theft, etc. are criminal.

I'll try to catch up on the thread. We're getting a new fence put up and I am in the process of moving a lot of my plants, trimming trees and bushes, etc. So at least that's kept me busy for the past week.

Hi all,

Finally checking in. It's been a crazy week and now I can breathe a little easier. One of my family members had been sent to DC to work the front lines and he's home safe now, thankfully! We were very worried about his safety because of the violence going on against law enforcement. Protest is a legal right. Rioting, looting, vandalism, assault, theft, etc. are criminal.

I'll try to catch up on the thread. We're getting a new fence put up and I am in the process of moving a lot of my plants, trimming trees and bushes, etc. So at least that's kept me busy for the past week.

Glad he's home safe Mcrose. For sure that would be scary and nerve-wracking. Good luck with the fence and moving plants - sounds like a good workout.

Great pictures, MonyK. Fun times I hope.

Schumi always listing lush food, yep we do chicken here too, as one dish all will eat, Asian, plain, or Mexican style is all the ways I usually do.

Ah, kids wanted spicy and not so spicy chicken nuggets, so that is what I cooked. DH wanted chili, so made a small pot of it from the left over burger meat I had saved for making meatballs. Added quite a bit of hot sauce, as he likes it hot. Added a seeded hot pepper too. A salad and easy dinner for me. Thinking baked potato bar for dinner tomorrow. Meatless, though I will chop up some cooked bacon as one of the bar choices.

Hot one, as AC still cranking now. Mostly sunny day, and bit more humidity, so no need for pants. Shorts have been the choice lately.

Well tile guy and contractor just left. this job is turning out larger than I thought! Tile taken out. They put drop cloth down along hall. But drywall stuff tracked thru kitchen. So husband vacuumed up but I still wasn’t happy so I mopped. Mr says put mop away and leave it, they’ll be back tomorrow. What’s wrong with me? Ugh. I just couldn’t and so mopped. I hope I don’t hear from my back tonight after anti inflammatory wears off :rolleyes2

Schumi masks here aren’t mandatory per say, but some stores have mandatory policy. I wear one when I’m going into grocery or pharmacy, Butcher, etc
Of course there are no calories in clotted cream! Now I want to go to a nice tea! Mmmmm
We get both Shark Tank and Dragons Den. Fathers Day, boy that sure crept up on me! I think the girls may bake some cookies or something. There really is nothing he needs.

Lynne good idea about taking extra masks into the park. I read someone’s experience and they said with the combo of heat and humidity the mask gets wet, and hard to breathe thru, so they had several to change to.
Trying to rest the back, but easier said than done! I was good yesterday, hope I didn’t blow it too badly today. I just can’t look at a mess and leave it!
I think Picard is my fav! Love the new Picard but they didn’t make many episodes. It was nice seeing some old characters like Data! Who knows how long the waif for new season will be.

Mac send some of your heat this way! It’s an unusually cool and rainy June here.

Elsaspirit 90! Stay cool! I’m sitting here with the fire going!

Schumi nice to enjoy a ride in the sunshine! :car: Wish I could say the same but another wet gloomy day here. With less cars on the road I’ve noticed it seems like there’s more police monitoring speed! May be easier to catch? Lol. My town is notorious for speed checks, being as we only have 1 main road thru!

Lynne I agree, the Orlando water is gross! I usually have bottled water in my room to use for making coffee or tea.

Schumi yes, funny the NY water is good! We have very good water here too.
I need my morning cup of coffee. Then in afternoon I switch to tea.

Keisha no fair! I want raft time too! My dentist appt is tomorrow, ugh. Have cavity that needs filling. Yuck.

Pumpkin I don’t feel so bad now, that your having cold and wet too. So envious of our neighbours south of the 49! Lol.

Charade the Bosses husband strikes again, ugh. I hope your talk went well. For some reason it just doesn’t work well when bosses spouse works in the office. I think my husband wants to change doctors. His wife is the receptionist/secretary. And she’s very rude. When there’s a problem you can’t really go tell him.
I hope it’s not a very active hurricane season. I’ve been lucky with all my years going to Florida during Hurricane season, I’ve dodged a few.
You can come up to Canada and get clotted cream too lol! ::yes::

Lynne burgers sound good! Yum. I wonder how many jobs will be permanently made work from home? Are you looking forward to going back to the office or do you prefer working from home?

Monykalyn that’s scary about tornado while you were at the pool. Tipsy Palmer! Who knew there was a name for it! I like it with the raspberry lemonade! Good pool drink! And ice creams too!
Great pics. Beach looks pretty stormy.

DisneyLife nice early Father’s Day gifts! Oooo YC would be so nice! My fav Epcot Resort!

Mac some days I have to look at my phone so I know the day. I have the kitchen calendar too. Now I know why my mil used to cross off the days on her calendar lol!

Lynne that taco cat doesn’t look amused lol

Mac I really need to get in my closet and do that too. Ugh.

Charade eek, it could be a memory problem. I remember your frustration way before Covid ever hit.

Monykalyn wow great coaster pics! Can’t wait. Good to know about paper masks being cooler.
I still don’t know what I’ll do about Aug WDW trip I don’t think they’re doing a good job around this and seem unorganized. Especially don’t like that they aren’t guaranteeing on site guests park access with reservations. If I’m flying 6hrs to get there I just don’t know. It’s still time to see how things go. But also our border is still closed. Some think it will open on 21st, some don’t. It’s all speculation at this point. And if there’s a 2 week quarantine when we return home that’s a deal breaker too.

MRose I‘m glad to hear your family member is home safe now!

Dinner time here. Husband made a pot of potato soup for lunch so he and dd are having that and sandwiches. I can’t have potato soup so I’ll scrounge around for something. I was going to make curry chicken but that will wait for tomorrow.
Happy Birthday to Prince Phillip!

Hi Sue, in some ways after being home for months now, some pluses to not commuting, but there is also pluses for the office, as all my stuff is in my office, and a nicer printer and since I have been commuting for almost 30 years, there’s that comfort of routine. So yeah I am kinda ready to be on the commuting routine one of these days. We have a level system, and as far I as I know, a one or two day commute may commence the middle of July. But as with anything, that may be delayed and full office is not happening any time soon. I hope you back is feeling better and better. And yum, some lush food at your house too.

And yeah, my water at home is very good, so yeah I tend to use bottled water to make tea when not at home.

Enjoying some tea tonight, as I took a little hour late afternoon nap, so dinner was late. I was surprised the kids did not complain, as when I woke up, my phone rang. Looked, and no kid was calling, just a spam number.

Hey, tomorrow will be the hottest day we have had in some time. Yeah, a tropical weather system is coming overnight, so as weather lady said, steamy day, even with the roll your dice thunderstorms losers, the humidity stays in the 60’s percentile. That camel will be looking for a cool drink, and a place to hide when that thunderstorm arrives late afternoon into the evening chances.

Have that totally happy Tuesday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter