Something About Nothing............ #14

Yeah, Mac, and I am shocked a little that this has been 5 weeks before I was blonde again. Maybe you will be lucky and salon open just before you leave. Then hairdo ready. Eh, I will be wearing a hat anyway. I need to shade my face. Hope Mr. Mac came back with all the good stuff.

I love to have my hair done (can’t get it right myself) but on holiday @macraven I wear a hat! Just frizzy everyday.

I like to see dinner plans too @Lynne G what did you decide on?

We finished ours with a new salted caramel ice cream - nice but not as yum as some.

Quiet evening here so looking for a movie.

Um, Real, thinking mac and cheese, but since I get my hair done at dinner time, will see what all want when I return. That is, if one of them does not get into something while I am gone.

Checking in to count noses with the storm raging up the coastline. Pretty much has eliminated any thot of heading to Ocean City or even VA beach next week as I’m guessing they will lots of cleanup in order.

Yesterday was one of the few days something wasn’t scheduled re GDs activities. Decide to have a girls’ day, my version :)...batting cages & Cheesecake Factory
757EFD18-64E4-41B7-B6F2-FB0A6D1C6EC4.jpegBE9BBAE2-BDB1-498C-86B8-70167E993705.jpegDDD02EAC-BE88-4587-8B57-FF1F3D1BF040.jpeg
In Nordstroms & outside the LV stores, staff commented on the Winnie the Pooh face mask that a friend had made for Lily. She was so pleased that the ‘fancy people’ noticed her Just wanted to comment on how a good deed just keeps on giving:), especially in these stressful times.

was pretty amazing to watch.....glad Doug and Bob made it home safe and sound.....super cool guys with an amazing life......Kyle shouted me they were about to splash down as I was writing your email.......
As long as they brought the dinosaur back too, I’m good
would love to watch a movie with just 7 people. I always seem to get stuck in front of the seat kickers.
That is me on airplanes. Not always kids either
So why would he travel during COVID 19?????? Great question!!!!
None of our business, period. But interesting story none the less lol
Our schools open August 10, usually they open the week prior.
K-5 is all day in school. Jr high and high school will alternate days
So early in the south hope they have AC
@jump00 hope your teeth heal well. We still can’t get appointments unless emergency but hopefully soon as I have a bone growth that they monitor every three months - not been for eight now.
Unacceptable, eek. Here it’s mostly emergencies only except for the chain places like aspen that mostly just do routine things & simple extractions

One of her daughters is a research scientist studying sharks - she’s been on a few Shark Week tv programmes and we always watch them - she’s currently in Australia doing further work that’s had publicity - not a career I could handle!
Talk about a dream job!

New email out on Passholder Appreciation Days!!!
It seemed quite brief vs previous years IMO
not sure I can go down with her, but I will if I can......she is so excited!!!
how excited she must be
think people underestimate how bad you can feel after having work done ur mouth/teeth. And yes, resting is essential.....hope you`re being good.
It can really take it out of you
Sad news from a pal, I guess more layoffs are supposed to be coming at UO.....:sad2: I think the chatter has been going around but many didn’t want to believe it.
Not surprised, they have to operate via staffing like any successful business. Here’s hoping they bounce back quickly and recall the employees.
Happy belated birthday to K
Thank you, much appreciated
I think tonight’s light should be accompanied by Saturday Night Fever soundtrack
Works for me
Gwinnett county is in the area near Atlanta.
Their numbers have been high for the virus since the start.
That county has been all over the news, scary stuff.

Just saw re the YMCA camp (looked like a resort to me lol) that basically exploded with covid too, so sad
Kyle is lucky here we have incredibly fast broadband, but yes I think the infrastructure for home working will be improved massively through this. I know he would hate it to be permanent as he likes his colleagues and likes the interaction of the offices. And you can`t meet clients personally which is a downside.
It’s been hit or miss here as to what communities are getting Comcast's fiber optic cables. We have the fastest we can get, it’s way better than verizon was but compared to the fiber optic my youngest DS has, is night & day
made a chicken with fettuccine last night and have enough left over for lunch.
Tonight it will be chicken salad for dinner
Yum
He said we will order out the next 4 days

That works well for me.
Haha guessing you didn’t argue that point
Lynne it’s nice you have beauty shops open and can get blonded again.

I gave up on getting my hair done.
I doubt I will see the inside of a salon before my September trip.
But I do have hats to wear.
Have you ever just grabbed a semi or wash out eariier type from drug store? They work well, just don’t lighten & always turn out darker than on the box. The good ones have nice conditioner that leaves hair silky smooth.

I sound like a commercial
Um, Real, thinking mac and cheese, but since I get my hair done at dinner time, will see what all want when I return. That is, if one of them does not get into something while I am gone.
Wait, did the storm pass thru ur area already? Have fun getting dolled up

Lynne it’s nice you have beauty shops open and can get blonded again.

I gave up on getting my hair done.
I doubt I will see the inside of a salon before my September trip.
But I do have hats to wear.

Your hair must be incredibly long now!!!

Hats are good......I have a baseball hat and a sun hat.....wouldn`t be without them....

Yeah, Mac, and I am shocked a little that this has been 5 weeks before I was blonde again. Maybe you will be lucky and salon open just before you leave. Then hairdo ready. Eh, I will be wearing a hat anyway. I need to shade my face. Hope Mr. Mac came back with all the good stuff.

Happy new hair do`.....

Hope you`re happy with it......

Checking in to count noses with the storm raging up the coastline. Pretty much has eliminated any thot of heading to Ocean City or even VA beach next week as I’m guessing they will lots of cleanup in order.

Yesterday was one of the few days something wasn’t scheduled re GDs activities. Decide to have a girls’ day, my version :)...batting cages & Cheesecake Factory
View attachment 515814View attachment 515815View attachment 515816
In Nordstroms & outside the LV stores, staff commented on the Winnie the Pooh face mask that a friend had made for Lily. She was so pleased that the ‘fancy people’ noticed her Just wanted to comment on how a good deed just keeps on giving:), especially in these stressful times.

Unacceptable, eek. Here it’s mostly emergencies only except for the chain places like aspen that mostly just do routine things & simple extractions

Talk about a dream job!

how excited she must be

Not surprised, they have to operate via staffing like any successful business. Here’s hoping they bounce back quickly and recall the employees.

Works for me

Just saw re the YMCA camp (looked like a resort to me lol) that basically exploded with covid too, so sad

It’s been hit or miss here as to what communities are getting Comcast's fiber optic cables. We have the fastest we can get, it’s way better than verizon was but compared to the fiber optic my youngest DS has, is night & day

Yum

Have you ever just grabbed a semi or wash out eariier type from drug store? They work well, just don’t lighten & always turn out darker than on the box. The good ones have nice conditioner that leaves hair silky smooth.

That looks like a fun day and a very happy little girl...her face is glowing!!!! She is adorable.......Food looks so good.....I like the Cheesecake Factory.....

Yes, amazing with the SpaceX stuff......I love that Bob`s wife is going to be going up too.....they`ll have an amazing life to look back on when they`re old......

Yep, my friend has been so looking forward to this puppy.....I do hope to go with her......we have fibre optic broadband and it is lightning fast, no complaints except when they send someone to fix someone else`s fault......we tend to lose ours while they work at the main box! Annoying......

Horrible watching the explosions in Beirut earlier! Massive.......going to be lots of damage from that!

Sky is clearing and temps are going up despite it getting later......I do think tomorrow will be lovely after all.......I always doubt the weather people`s opinion as it`s often wrong.

Having a pineapple juice with a splash of cranberry and fresh lime juice......very refreshing......

Keisha, yeah I was over the counter hair dye for years. But no matter blonde it said, made me brassy, and I hated that color. So, pampered I am, for quite a few years now. 30 minutes from now, will be the blonde I like. It is very close to my natural color, as I found out, just has no white hair in it. Great pictures of your GD. She is getting big. And belated happy birthday 🎂 to you.

With that, time to play on my phone as I wait for the dye to do its job.

@keishashadow what a lovely smile - glad you had a good girls day. Love Cheesecake Factory - last time we were in one was Washington - we went in to eat just as snow started to fall - came out to thick snow and no taxis running to get us back to our hotel - luckily DIL got us on the underground - only just made it out the next day as an ice storm came in!

View attachment 515814View attachment 515815View attachment 515816

Talk about a dream job!

how excited she must be

Works for me

Yum

Thanks @keishashadow - just thought I would add a different spin to people travelling during Covid. Lovely pictures!!! Food looks so good!!!

Killing time, waiting to rustle up a burger for the mr & udon noodles for the kiddo when they show up. Not a fan of messing up kitchen so late in day

Horrible watching the explosions in Beirut earlier! Massive.......going to be lots of damage from that!
first news acct that popped up was BBC online. The headline was mushroom cloud. My heart literally skipped a beat there.

Know u worked in ordinance, r u thinking an accidental explosion or something sinister?
And belated happy birthday 🎂 to you.
I’m still pending but thanks
@keishashadow what a lovely smile - glad you had a good girls day. Love Cheesecake Factory - last time we were in one was Washington - we went in to eat just as snow started to fall - came out to thick snow and no taxis running to get us back to our hotel - luckily DIL got us on the underground - only just made it out the next day as an ice storm came in!
Isnt it funny how we tend to associate events around food?
Food looks so good!!!
I usually order Evelyn's pasta there but knew HD would eat dumplings. Was surprised how tasty w the sauce. If anything, she was put off with the heavy hand of sesame seeds More for me

is it wrong to hope charade will post another nightlight & that there should be a camel sighting tomorrow? Gotta take those jollies where you find them these days

Well. Thankful the 6.2 inches of rain today, and the wind blowing that followed it, tornadoes reported, lots of flooding, and damage, some with no power, we were fine, with my neighbor’s large tree branch falling next to our home, but not hitting it. And like most storms, arrived before the sun rise, I think was the worse of the rain was early morning, the gloriously bright sun came out mid afternoon like nothing happened. Only had a detour on way home from salon, as wanted to pick up some grocery items. Bet it was a combo of flooding and trees blocking the road. Went around blocked road, and glad to see grocery had power, as strip mall next to it, looked like they did not have power.

Ah, that 6pm weather lady gave the news that tomorrow will be bright and sunny, a nice Sumner day. And close to 90, and lower humidity. Ah yes, a perfect tease to a increasing humid days weekend. Icky was next to the 90 degree high temp listed for this coming Monday, on her 5 day forecast. And yeah, as we are still in summer, Thursday and Friday predicted to be hot and yep, you loose chances of a spotty thunderstorm and rain chances.

ooh, tacos at Elsa’s. Actually, full from mac and cheese, with grilled and chopped up hotdogs and orange peppers to add to it. Little one ate the peppers, but not mixed in her pasta. Yeah, she is not a fan of hotdogs.

Time to chill. Happy it is a starry and cloudy night. And 60’s overnight, so no need for AC maybe.

Killing time, waiting to rustle up a burger for the mr & udon noodles for the kiddo when they show up. Not a fan of messing up kitchen so late in day

first news acct that popped up was BBC online. The headline was mushroom cloud. My heart literally skipped a beat there.

Know u worked in ordinance, r u thinking an accidental explosion or something sinister?

I’m still pending but thanks

Isnt it funny how we tend to associate events around food?

I usually order Evelyn's pasta there but knew HD would eat dumplings. Was surprised how tasty w the sauce. If anything, she was put off with the heavy hand of sesame seeds More for me

is it wrong to hope charade will post another nightlight & that there should be a camel sighting tomorrow? Gotta take those jollies where you find them these days

Didn`t look like fireworks for sure, of course now they`re saying there was vast amounts of Ammonia Nitrate stored there! Unbelievable. Seems they think a welding spark might have set it off. Completely believable. We once had a fire in the box storage area of a department, it was set off with a welder not paying attention, spark flew and landed in the flattened boxes stored there.....mid 1980`s H&S issues were ignored, and luckily it was in a non danger part of the plant. Funny thing was when the welder saw what he had done, his response was.......oh not again......:scared1:

Hope it`s not sinister, last thing that area needs right now. Could easily believe such a blast was heard over 150 miles away in Cyprus.

As if there isn`t enough bad news around right now......

Food sounds good again!

Waiting for the night crew to show up.

charade put the porch light on for you!

I was almost night crew last night......woke up around 3am and couldn`t fall back over......was thinking I`ll get up, next thing it`s 6am......time to get up!!

It feels like a Tuesday today.......not sure why.

Been out to get some groceries and visited a few little places around........didn`t do a full shop as the weather is just nice.....not gorgeous. We`ll do that tomorrow as planned.

Bought some stuff to make fresh pasta tomorrow morning.....well, I`m going to try.

Maybe some tortellini, will make a little sauce and call it lunch. Bought some marscapone and will base a sauce around that.......I will have a back up lunch just in case........

No lunch out again today. We do need to get back into our Wednesday lunch routine.....so making up a chicken breast salad for us and Kyle wants a turkey sandwich.....easy.

Dinner is spicy bbq pork steaks......may or may not cook on the grill, it`s a little breezy.....but quite warm, not sitting out weather right now.

cv2250-L.jpg

cv2252-L.jpg

Happy Wednesday................

Last edited:
Ah, Real and Schumi must be busy this morning, as their morning is almost over.

Ah, took to long to type. Good Morning Schumi. Hope you are having some tea, after being out earlier. I always like to hear your meals. So great sounding ones.

Yeah, guess the night owls are still in their roost. Anither early bird is here. Enjoying that very bright, clear sky as seen out the window. And yep, a Wednesday is here. While sipping my tea, this appears on my screen:

For Keisha, no HHN this year, but:
525C1F68-6091-4857-A451-EC65C2DC22B6.jpeg

And yeah Keisha, did ya know,

DBF70A8D-D7B7-4A63-A7AC-6473FF64F8AA.jpeg
Haha!

Then there’s Mac, seeing a cat, where as Keisha looking for a camel reminder today, Hump Day homies,

B95294ED-31B0-4560-958A-C64386AED56A.png

And ah, Schumi always has me at bacon. LOL. And Wednesday, of course.

So, homies, get ready, the weekend is coming into sight. Get over this hump of a day, and when you arise tomorrow, be thirsty, as sleep tomorrow night, ah yes wake from that sleep, and holler, yay, Friday. See, hump day gets you started in the mood. Just saying. 😊

Ah, back to that ever reminder of hump day, to all the homies:

F6B476BD-8C61-4B53-B4AF-7AE9457B6C56.jpeg ::yes::

Good afternoon everyone. Up and out this morning - Emma collected the children at 9 and we went straight into our local town - here we describe it as a “market town”. The local market is now very small but (normally) we have a wonderful monthly market called “Treacle Market” with local producers and makers”.

Needed to collect the last of J’s school uniform ready for high school and to spend book tokens they have had since last Christmas. J was thrilled to get a beautiful book on 80 years of Marvel.

I picked up a spiral bound scrapbook I am going to use for correspondence and paperwork memories of my parents.

Made Quesadillas for lunch and cooking bolognese for later.

@keishashadow yes I totally agree - most of our memories relate around food!

Last edited:
@Lynne G Stepping up the game for hump day today!! Now I KNOW what day it is! :)
Bought some stuff to make fresh pasta tomorrow morning

Let us know how this goes! I've always wanted to try making fresh pasta but it seems so intimidating. Although I'm pretty sure since you are such an excellent cook it will be flawless as usual!

I picked up a spiral bound scrapbook I am going to use for correspondence and paperwork memories of my parents.

What a great idea to preserve the memories and have a way to easily peruse them later again if you want!

Another mild day here today - busy day at work so taking the leftover taco meat to make easy Doritos taco salad for lunch. We have to run to home improvement store tonight so we we will get dinner out - yay no dishes for me tonight!

All I have to say is ugh, SW, changing flights. Now only nonstop one down is at night. No morning ones available. There is a one stop that will get me there in the afternoon, but who wants fly, then sit for 3 hours to only get on another plane? And then, my return flight leaves 10 minutes earlier. Yeah, still annoyed at that one, no night time nonstops back, including the cancellation of my original flight. And I saw my rental dropped some. Off to change it again too. Sigh. I may just keep that night flight and keep checking. I hate arriving at night, but will let SF know for a late arrival now. Still annoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter