Something About Nothing............ #14

Morning all! Lynne has outdone herself paying homage to the camel :)

PSA to those with SWA fights into October. Not only did they slash all NS flights to a lone one per day in my market (down from typically 5 - 6 pre CV btw), they elected to move us to connecting flights

o_O Nice try, quickly rebooked thru the email link but pretty darn shabby if that’s their new default. Bonus annoyance as it also appears they send said email notices in the late/middle of the night.

Vent over, on the bright side, at least they are still flying.

Nowhere to be sort of day here, had time to whip up mickey waffles for breakfast. Tossed in leftover sprinkles I had on hand. Not a big fan of them but that tweak seemed to put them into over the top tasty territory :earseek:
Carole - “again” um, that’s disturbing unto itself. Did that place have background checks? Here, to work in any sort of industry that involves things that go ‘boom’ (along with those that hold national defense contracts & financial institutions)

PSA to those with SWA fights into October. Not only did they slash all NS flights to a lone one per day in my market (down from typically 5 - 6 pre CV btw), they elected to move us to connecting flights

o_O Nice try, quickly rebooked thru the email link but pretty darn shabby if that’s their new default. Bonus annoyance as it also appears they send said email notices in the late/middle of the night.

Nowhere to be sort of day here, had time to whip up mickey waffles for breakfast. Tossed in leftover sprinkles I had on hand. Not a big fan of them but that tweak seemed to put them into over the top tasty territory :earseek:
Carole - “again” um, that’s disturbing unto itself. Did that place have background checks? Here, to work in any sort of industry that involves things that go ‘boom’ (along with those that hold national defense contracts & financial institutions)

Yup switched ours to.

All I have to say is ugh, SW, changing flights. Now only nonstop one down is at night. No morning ones available. There is a one stop that will get me there in the afternoon, but who wants fly, then sit for 3 hours to only get on another plane? And then, my return flight leaves 10 minutes earlier. Yeah, still annoyed at that one, no night time nonstops back, including the cancellation of my original flight. And I saw my rental dropped some. Off to change it again too. Sigh. I may just keep that night flight and keep checking. I hate arriving at night, but will let SF know for a late arrival now. Still annoyed.

That stinks. The mr is amused we are doing a 180, now arriving late & leaving early. Ugh.

I don’t think I have car rental in place yet, but was on the to-do list. Figured I’d Wait for the 2 day dollar sale that starts on 6th. Not my favorite agency but doable. As i recall it had good rates last year.

Discovered a few years ago that as long as you link your flight # to the reservation they typically will honor whatever rate you initially booked...adjusting for additional hours only. It was explained to me by an Alamo rep that they don’t penalize their customers for late flights.

Otherwise, was told they give you a two hour window, sometimes longer if you do call the site as to your unexpected issues.

Not entirely sure that the above policy applies to when the airlines cancel & involuntarily rebook customers though. If it’s a huge difference, i’d Keep original & also book a new reservation as long as not prepaid, then sort it out upon arrival.

I’ve been on hold 2-1/2 hours with WDW thus far trying to cancel GD’s APH that was never used this year. Afraid if i click the email link I got, it will cancel all of ours Automatically. Has to be a better system.

Ah, Real and Schumi must be busy this morning, as their morning is almost over.

Ah, took to long to type. Good Morning Schumi. Hope you are having some tea, after being out earlier. I always like to hear your meals. So great sounding ones.

Yeah, guess the night owls are still in their roost. Anither early bird is here. Enjoying that very bright, clear sky as seen out the window. And yep, a Wednesday is here. While sipping my tea, this appears on my screen:

For Keisha, no HHN this year, but:
View attachment 515937

And yeah Keisha, did ya know,

View attachment 515938
Haha!

Then there’s Mac, seeing a cat, where as Keisha looking for a camel reminder today, Hump Day homies,

View attachment 515939

And ah, Schumi always has me at bacon. LOL. And Wednesday, of course.

So, homies, get ready, the weekend is coming into sight. Get over this hump of a day, and when you arise tomorrow, be thirsty, as sleep tomorrow night, ah yes wake from that sleep, and holler, yay, Friday. See, hump day gets you started in the mood. Just saying. 😊

Ah, back to that ever reminder of hump day, to all the homies:

View attachment 515940 ::yes::

Bacon and tea always on offer over here Lynne......

Sorry your flights have been changed again......that is annoying.

@Lynne G Stepping up the game for hump day today!! Now I KNOW what day it is! :)

Let us know how this goes! I've always wanted to try making fresh pasta but it seems so intimidating. Although I'm pretty sure since you are such an excellent cook it will be flawless as usual!

What a great idea to preserve the memories and have a way to easily peruse them later again if you want!

Another mild day here today - busy day at work so taking the leftover taco meat to make easy Doritos taco salad for lunch. We have to run to home improvement store tonight so we we will get dinner out - yay no dishes for me tonight!

View attachment 515953

View attachment 515954

lol....pasta isn`t exactly one of my talents........I`ve tried before and it`s definitely a hit or miss. I recently inherited another pasta maker after donating ours as I never used it, but thought I`d give it a go again......oone of my friends had two delivered instead of one and they didn`t ever come back to pick up the second one.....so she drove up, dropped it off and said enjoy.....lol......

If it looks good I`ll take a picture.....or maybe a better picture would be if they don`t work out......lol......

Enjoy dinner out Elsa.....always nice........

Yes, any flight is a good flight right now! Is that usual for airlines to send stuff out during the night? I know VA are excellent with communication.....even through all this carry on, we`ve found them to be excellent......good luck with the flights.....

No idea about over there, I wouldn`t imagine they have any form of safety regulations or protocols. It`s a long time since I`ve been in that industry, but storing any kind of lethal product like that the way they were is criminal. Our company had to have a licence for every single item we used/stored and had to have many conditions followed and regualtions were tight. But, Beirut......who knows.

We just had a pot of tea and the last of the cherry muffins.....nice!!!

Sitting outside as we have 82F......where that came from I have no idea as it was a little dull this morning.......but it`s beautiful now......

Love some sunshine........

Carole - the ‘thief in the night’ email change notices is a new thing. Thinking it’s deliberate to slow the traffic on their website sort of thing.

Did you get rebooked on connecting initially too when NS were options?

We haven’t had ns in mid September to Halloweenish for a few years now, so originally was the usual stop in STL, this is the 3rd change they have done for these specific flights still the shortest travel time, but adjusting departure and arrival by about 20-30 minutes

Yeah Keisha. We are talking nonstop flights that was then changed to 730am flight a little while ago, that is now changed to 530pm flight. Sigh. I do see a no get off wait plane at 6:50 am, that adds 2 or so hours waiting on the plane at Atlanta. I tried to do on website, but got such a good deal, they want me to call. So, asked for call back to discuss. And yeah, I never check in as coming until last minute, as want to go right to car. And never pay ahead rental. I do the cancel and rebook dance more times than I can remember. Good luck with getting that pass cancelled.

Carole - the ‘thief in the night’ email change notices is a new thing. Thinking it’s deliberate to slow the traffic on their website sort of thing.

Ah, of course, that makes sense if they`re getting inundated with traffic.....not much help to the customer of course.

Not a fun call to WDW re the AP for little one....hope you get that sorted!

Lynne......what a carry on with flights......sounds quite the mash up!!

And hey DisneyLife, at least that differences in time aren’t bad, in my book. My flight down was originally 635am, NS with 650pm NS back. Early come, late go. Now, unless I change to that one stop, late to arrive, mid afternoon to return.

Nowhere to be sort of day here, had time to whip up mickey waffles for breakfast. Tossed in leftover sprinkles I had on hand. Not a big fan of them but that tweak
Do you have an electric Mickey waffle maker? Would love one but not available here!

@Lynne G all these changes are time consuming but glad they are still flying. We have big concerns here over Virgin - if they don’t get financial support by mid September it could all be gone. DIL still furloughed but thinking she better start looking at other employment options.

We would love to travel but as things are changing every week it seems sensible to hold on for now. Thinking possibly Barbados in November but watching and waiting.

Last edited:
And hey DisneyLife, at least that differences in time aren’t bad, in my book. My flight down was originally 635am, NS with 650pm NS back. Early come, late go. Now, unless I change to that one stop, late to arrive, mid afternoon to return.

Bit of a difference, wish this covid would vanish overnight, I’ll be glad though once the wheels are up, even if I’m the one pushing the button to make them come up!!!

Hello everyone. Slow day at work, so I have a little time to post. Tomorrow is my boss’ 75th birthday, but since she won’t be in the office tomorrow we are celebrating today. It’s just me and one of the therapists. We have one on vacation and another in self quarantine. The therapist is bringing some flowers and I am going to get cupcakes on my lunch hour.

Reading about the flight issues is making me a little nervous. I have not booked our flights yet. I suppose I should do it soon. We don’t have a lot of choices for our small airports. I don’t think I can get a direct flight at all.

Charade, happy birthday to your Boss. Sweet you are celebrating today, and flowers and cupcakes sound perfect.

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

410D188A-69D7-4A74-AA54-AD6224BEF0A6.jpeg

C2C50731-0060-4F61-B9E3-B349E6E77487.jpeg

Was the “good night picture” from Robo yesterday a cat and casket?

I liked the striking purple and black colors in it.

I had to go back and look at that good night gif Mac.....LOL.....your eyes are better then mine. I didn’t see the cat eyes up in the right hand corner, but it is a reflection ocean scene in black and purple with twinkling stars no casket.

Hello everyone! Tough day at the dentist. 2 hours of work done (crowns had to be prepped). Old fillings had to be removed. It took 4 needles to numb my mouth ( that never is needed!!). Came home and slept and now my poor mouth is throbbing!!! My lovely husband just picked us up some Chinese food and Sushi that’s easy to chew!!!
Hope to catch up here tomorrow!!!
Jump00
Brenda

Brenda I hope you feel better soon. [

QUOTE="mckennarose, post: 62186592, member: 554306"]
The neighbors have been very quiet, although the teenage boys are giving us dirty looks when we're outside if they see us. Too bad, don't shine a laser on my security cameras if you don't want the police to get called. So far no damage to the camera they were shooting the laser at.
[/QUOTE]

Sad......they are continuing to be bad neighbors.

So we have around an official temp of 92F today.......but according to our little temp gadget, the garden where we are is 100F.........it’s finally hot!!! :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Wow.....you had a smoking warm day.

We call your bacon streaky bacon and use it to top turkeys or chickens when cooking......and delicious!!!

Good description of our bacon.

We have various types......but this is a regular back bacon slice......can vary in shape slightly.....

Your bacon is more lean looking. It looks very good.

Keisha and Mckennarose you both have my sincere condolences at the loss of your family members to the coal mines :grouphug:

I love grape jelly....only ever have it in America......one of the girls in the Club Lounge looked at me in horror as I had it with cream cheese on white toast......lol....not that odd a mix at all.......seems perfect to me......

I like cream cheese and jelly together too. It’s delish.

Ooh, I like cream cheese and grape jelly on my bagels

That’s my favorite way to enjoy cream cheese and jelly is on bagel. It’s yummy.

Seems like there is a lot of that going around. Son came home Lake Michigan with this. Dr said is was poison sumac

That looks painful. Hope he has what he needs to get it healed up.

Son turns 21 on Monday.

Happy belated birthday to your son

EAF963A5-7F51-4A5C-87AA-4DE925929747.gif

Another Ravenclaw here.

Gryffindor here.

of the sweeter the better as to wine :). Thinking i’ve just had the ‘wrong’ rose, as the mix just doesn’t sit right with me.

I like a sweeter wine too. I’am partial to an Italian Moscato I can buy locally here..... It’s sweet, but not overly sweet. We have it on a special occasions and any time the mood arrives.

No Kipling bags, but we only have 2 department stores in our mall - JC Penney and Belk. I might find some at Macys, but have to go to Roanoke.

Do you have a TJ Max near by? They a have a large selection of Kipling and other travel bags.

I would love to watch a movie with just 7 people. I always seem to get stuck in front of the seat kickers.

My hubby does not like to go to cinemas because of talkers and kickers.

shark sightings at our beaches for the past five days....and a 400 pound bull shark was caught at the same beach my brother lifeguards at....good times

I read that you all are having increased shark activity in your area.

Yesterday was one of the few days something wasn’t scheduled re GDs activities. Decide to have a girls’ day, my version :)...batting cages & Cheesecake Factory

What a wonderful time having a girls day with your granddaughter. She is so cute. That piece of cake looks bigger than she is. I like Cheesecake Factory. Their food is delicious. They do have a large menu. Never been disappointed with anything I have had there.

Made Quesadillas for lunch and cooking bolognese for later.

Your food sounds very good.

All I have to say is ugh, SW, changing flights. Now only nonstop one down is at night. No morning ones available. There is a one stop that will get me there in the afternoon, but who wants fly, then sit for 3 hours to only get on another plane? And then, my return flight leaves 10 minutes earlier. Yeah, still annoyed at that one, no night time nonstops back, including the cancellation of my original flight. And I saw my rental dropped some. Off to change it again too. Sigh. I may just keep that night flight and keep checking. I hate arriving at night, but will let SF know for a late arrival now. Still annoyed.

Lynne sorry to hear that SW is pulling the trip shuffle on you again. I don’t like getting in real late either. Just seems to mess The whole day up.

Have been busy past few days. Like to stay that way.

I saw some of the “The Child” merchandise at Target the other day. Bought what they had. Then remembered I have another Star Wars fan in the family so went to Target on other side of town and bought what they had. So Christmas gifts for two people taken care of and tucked away in gift closet to be wrapped at later date.

Poison Ivy is almost healed up. I had to cancel massage appointment until it’s gone. I have missed my massage therapy sessions. My therapist just started back up again a couple weeks ago. Seeing her really helps my back.

Spoke with grandson the other day. He took a couple days off of football practice last week. A couple of kids on the team tested positive for Covid. Now they have 5 positive. He said the 5 kids are in quarantine and the coach has the rest of the team back in practice. I’am not happy about him being back on the field.

I saw in local newspaper this morning that the School Corp superintendent has acknowledged there has been positive Covid tests in athletic department, but would not give numbers.

They moved back School opening 2 weeks and will stagger start back days opening week according to first letter of last name.

There has also been an outbreak here in a couple of daycare centers.

I have a feeling that every community/state is going to have a surge at different times until herd immunity is achieved.

We are all walking a fine line between living our lives as normally as possible and wearing our PPE to prevent catching Covid.

Praying everyone will be safe and free of Covid.

On a positive note it’s my sweet hubby’s birthday today.

717CD137-B0FD-427B-8D3C-1B3F7BEE9A61.gif

1AA646F0-9817-4B2D-A902-8E02BC8AB01D.gif

I’am taking him out to lunch at a restaurant that has been safe on space.

I will have a small party for him on Sunday with just a few family members. Trying to keep him safe.

I saw on the news late afternoon yesterday that Virgin Atlantic was filing for bankruptcy protection. I don’t know how that will affect folks that are holding ticket promises for flights once travel restrictions are lifted. I thought I remembered Schumi and a few others taking future ticket holds for their trips. I hope everything works out for you all.

I didn’t realize that Delta owns 49% of Virgin Atlantic.

After all the rain the weather has finally cooled down here. Strangely we have had 63 degrees morning starts here with 🌞 and it gets warmer as day goes on into low 80’s. Humidity is still in the 80’s. I don’t recall us getting low 60’s ever here in August in the morning.

Going to go out and tinker in the garden for awhile before lunch date with my honey pie.

C7087626-FCC5-4D41-865B-085C1F3E45B0.jpeg

D750D45E-AEDD-45FF-8881-3B77553140DB.jpeg
153EF310-BCF6-4618-B5ED-6A602103CF69.jpeg

Dance like there is no one watching and live like there is no tomorrow.

Have a great Wednesday Sans family.

Last edited:

To your lovely husband Robo.......enjoy lunch and the get together at the weekend, sounds lovely......

And another cream cheese and jelly fan :thumbsup2

That`s one of the many, many reasons I don`t go to the cinema either......Tom banned me years ago as everything was just dreadful.......last few times have been in the afternoon with a massive crowd of 4 or 5 including us......bliss!!!!

Yes, you must be worried about your Grandson......hope he stays clear and can stay safe from this horrible virus.......I think it`s so much harder for our younger folks.....

Glad Poison Ivy is clearing up and well done on the Christmas presents!!! Never too early......I noticed some places today have Christmas cards in already....now that is too early for them!!

VA applying for bankruptcy in the US is a tactical move to get their rescue package plan started. Hoping they succeed for the folks employed, we know a few and pray they keep their jobs, husband and wife both work for them. We`ll still get our money back if they did go under through the CC, but more worried for jobs and the whole industry as they are one of the big guys!! Yes, they have been involved with Delta for a long time now.

Hope all is well with you Robo and again, Happy Birthday to your husband.....:cake:

A big :bday: to Robo’s DH. Glad to hear you both are enjoying lunch out. Sorry to hear of GS and sports at school. Scary times, and I hope he and family stay safe. And hope your poison ivy goes away completely soon, as I am sure a massage would feel good.

Cheese and crackers. Yeah, lunch served.

A big :bday: to Robo’s DH. Glad to hear you both are enjoying lunch out. Sorry to hear of GS and sports at school. Scary times, and I hope he and family stay safe. And hope your poison ivy goes away completely soon, as I am sure a massage would feel good.

Cheese and crackers. Yeah, lunch served.

Oh we have some brie and a few other cheeses in the house......I might make up a little cheeseboard as we didn`t have anything for dessert tonight.

I know some folks have dessert every night, we never do, it`s only if we feel like it, but a nice little cheeseboard will go nicely right now.......I have grapes and olives too......mmmmm.

Sun is still shining and it is warm!!!!

Definitely going to be lovely next few days........we`re being spoiled!!!!

That is annoying the flights changed for you!
I have flown SW before but quit them as ended up having flights changed up to the day before leaving.

Maybe there will be a better change for you later.
And it’s a direct flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!