Something going on at the Tree of Life? (long)

Aracuan

Earning My Ears
We visited WDW last December (and already can't wait to go again!). On December 12, we were at AK. Thinking our 2-yo would not handle "It's Tough to be a Bug" well, my wife decided to wait at the exit while my big DD and I saw it. This day, things were very slow at the park, with only 15-30 persons inside the theater.

When we came out of the attraction, we saw 3-4 guys looking at blueprints and measuring sections of the walkway and rails just outside the theather. When I met my wife, I commented on what I had seen and she says "oh, they've been there all the time; they have some other plans laying on that bench there". Sure enough, I took a glance and saw some blueprints with the Tree of Life icon on a corner. The drawings seemed like a portion of the tree. Seconds later, one of the guys walked up to the bench and picked up the drawings. I heard one of the guys saying "Anybody in their right mind would go this way" while he pretended to walk out of the theater. The funny thing is, he was turning to the opposite side of the acutal exit walkway! This all happened very fast - when they noticed we were sort of trailing behind (not really to snoop - our toddler had decided to walk), they hushed the conversation.

Has anyone heard about something being planned around the tree? Maybe it's just a re-design of the exit, but who knows?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hmmm.....interesting....

You're probably right about a redesign of the exit...but who knows?

Anyone have any other thoughts or rumors that might link up with this?

theyve already changed the entrance at least twice no?

I remember it being different then the first time i went in like 4 years a go and then differetn last year maybe they keep trying to make it the most efficient for the level of crowds?

Maybe people complained about the long walk or the disorientation you might get when you leave and dont know where the heck you are. not that that ever happened to me!!

Even if they it was a redesign of the exit/entrence, why would they run off in a huff? Sounds like BK may interfer with the Tree?

1st even if they were gonna make Bk how would it intefere with were the tree is? where BK is supposed to be i thought was by where the lion king show is playing and wouldnt you walk away if someone was listening to your conversation with someone else?

I'm thinking it might be an exit redesign, since WC parties MUST turn left at the exit or they'll hit steps. If the CM fails to mention this to an exiting party, it causes a traffic tie up.

A redesign of the exit is a great idea. The exit as it is creates terrible bottleneck. It needs to be opened up quite a bit to accommodate the crowds leaving at all one time.

Well I did make a complaint about the entrance but not the exit. If you are not in the fastpass line and in a wheelchair you keep hitting your hand against the wall as you roll through. Not pleasant. Maybe they llistened. But it would be easier just to send the wheelchairs through the fastpass line.

While I was at AK in January - I noticed that several areas of the pavement aroung the ToL had "cuts" in them - as if they were getting ready to tear it out. I also noticed it a couple of other place in the park (can't remember where other than ToL). COuld be they ned to do some underground work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter