• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something I've been wondering about for a while...

buzzfan120

Earning My Ears
In the Disney Sing-Along Songs video "Disneyland Fun", during the song "Rumbly in my Tumbly", a bowl of Mickey head icon tortilla chips is shown at one point. On my first trip to Disney World in 2008, I was disappointed to find out that they didn't have them. Of course, the video takes place at Disneyland and not Disney World, which has got me wondering: Were the Mickey head icon tortilla chips a Disneyland exclusive back in the late '80s/early '90s when that video was made, or did Disney World have them, too? Do you suppose they were discontinued because the ears kept breaking off so they didn't look like Mickey head icons anymore? I'm curious to know more.

Just realized/remembered I can watch the video on YouTube. I had to see what you were talking about. I wonder about all those kids in the video. How many, when participating in get-to-know-each-other-activities, bring up the fact that they were featured in a Disney sing-a-long video.

Before there was "Carnation Cafe" at Disneyland, it used to be Carnation Restaurant (the outdoor portion of which, may be where that video was filmed). They had a dish called "Carnation Special Salad," a large green salad with meat, which included corn chips shaped like Mickey heads. Back in the day, when they had that salad, it was also possible to buy factory-sealed bags of those corn chips at a store on Main Street, to take home. I really liked that salad, and it was so sad that they eventually discontinued it. I don't know why they stopped selling those corn chips and that salad, but I think it happened when they changed the restaurant to "Carnation Cafe" and changed the entire menu. I didn't see this item (neither the salad, nor just a bag of Mickey corn chips) during any of my visits to WDW.

Oh, so they must have been a Disneyland exclusive back then. I wish they would bring them back and sell them at Disney World, too.

Well, anyway, that solves the mystery of the Mickey head icon tortilla chips. The only thing we still don't know is why they were discontinued.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter