Sometimes you just need to run away to your happy place ~ A March break solo trip! Complete 06/29!

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!! If you are joining me for the first time, I’m Susan. A mom to three young men, full time kindergarten teacher and lover of all things Disney!
C51BA064-73C5-4421-B628-1267DE579732.jpeg

It was a cold and dreary February afternoon when I asked my family.....what do you want to do for March Break? My almost 17 year old twin boys looked at me and said "Mooooooommmm, we have plans! (with their friends and new little girlfriends of course), my darling DH was loaded down with work and couldn't get away but I had an AP burning a hole in my pocket and there was only one thing to do!

So off I went to book a flight, finding a great deal going through Buffalo. Then I went on Priceline to book my first ever offsite hotel as there was nothing onsite for under $400/night. Plans were made, changed and made again.

Join me to hear all about so many fun and interactive character meets, CRAZY March break crowds, absolutely delicious food, Disneybounding, fun at the Flower and Garden festival and much more!!

Last edited:

Yes! One day I'll get away alone. It's on my bucket list.
:welcome:It is a great bucket list item. This was my fourth solo trip and I love them more each time!

Oh my gosh, isn't that the truth??

I'm so excited to read all about it!!
APs are dangerous!!! But also wonderful, lol! So happy to have you along!

Yay for school breaks and solo trips.
:welcome:thanks for joining in! It was such an amazing trip!

Joining in for another TR. I like hearing about solo trips. Makes me think that one day I will be able to do one!
Thanks for joining in, Jeff! A solo trio is in your future, I know it!!

I'm here Susan and looking forward to hearing all about your latest adventures!
Yay! Glad to have you along, Ariane! It was such an awesome trip!

Joining in!! :goodvibes
Thanks for joining in! :)

The few hundred $$$ in savings to buy an AP usually results in -$$$$ after the several trips but OH SO WORTH IT! That dang AP card has so much to say when sitting in the wallet! Following along.
:welcome:Yes, I totally agree....AP cards can rack up the $$$$ but it's worth it!

Joining in.
:welcome:Glad to have you along!

Looking forward to hearing about your solo trip!
:thanks:it was such a fun trip!

Reading along . Looking forward to reading more about your adventures. I love going solo. My third time coming up in May. My kids are both in college and DH not quite the Disney fan as I am so .......

Yay, joining in! I’m so glad you had a wonderful trip, excited to hear all about it!
Hi Caroline!!:wave2: Thanks for joining in! It was SO much fun. :)

Joining in, looking forward to hearing about your trip!
:welcome:, thank you for reading along!

Reading along . Looking forward to reading more about your adventures. I love going solo. My third time coming up in May. My kids are both in college and DH not quite the Disney fan as I am so .......
:welcome:Aren't solo trips just the best?? This was my fourth and they get better every time. I hope you do a report for your trip!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Thanks so much! Glad to have you joining in! Your countdown is really close for your big trip now! :)

Looking forward to reading more about your trip! I've got a Cast Member Spouse entrance pass burning a hole in mine and I find myself constantly laying out WDW trips in my mind to take advantage of it (of course, there's still the airfare and accommodations to account for). A solo trip is soooo on my bucket list and at the forefront of my daydreams. I had hoped to finagle one this summer, but that is looking less likely due to my husband's work schedule and our lack of childcare (I really should have taken advantage before our kiddos were born). Until my opportunity comes along, I'll live vicariously through and take notes from all the awesome solo trip reports like yours.

Looking forward to reading more about your trip! I've got a Cast Member Spouse entrance pass burning a hole in mine and I find myself constantly laying out WDW trips in my mind to take advantage of it (of course, there's still the airfare and accommodations to account for). A solo trip is soooo on my bucket list and at the forefront of my daydreams. I had hoped to finagle one this summer, but that is looking less likely due to my husband's work schedule and our lack of childcare (I really should have taken advantage before our kiddos were born). Until my opportunity comes along, I'll live vicariously through and take notes from all the awesome solo trip reports like yours.
:welcome:, thank you for joining in! It's so hard to get away when your children are still little. I see you are a fellow twin mama......when mine were five, a solo trip was a distant dream. Going anywhere on my own was a dream, lol! Now they are 17 and independent.....sometimes I wish for those sweet little five year olds again!

This sounds so fun!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures. :flower:
:thanks:glad to have you reading along! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!