SOOO SAAAAD!

gwa1955

gwandre1
Was so looking forward to spending 10 days at the Contemporary for our anniversary in July but alas, had to cancel. Hotel deposit, Hoop de Doo and Sprit of Aloha refunds have already posted to my card. I will say that Alaska Airlines was great. No charge to cancel the flights (even though I had “non-refundable” fares for 4 people) and they put the balance that I paid as a credit to be used for next time. The strange thing that happened was that an entry was made to my Google calendar striking out the “Stay at Disney”s Contemporary Resort" and a new entry showing “Stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort”. Keep in mind that this happened after I had canceled and received the refund.

Was so looking forward to spending 10 days at the Contemporary for our anniversary in July but alas, had to cancel. Hotel deposit, Hoop de Doo and Sprit of Aloha refunds have already posted to my card. I will say that Alaska Airlines was great. No charge to cancel the flights (even though I had “non-refundable” fares for 4 people) and they put the balance that I paid as a credit to be used for next time. The strange thing that happened was that an entry was made to my Google calendar striking out the “Stay at Disney”s Contemporary Resort" and a new entry showing “Stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort”. Keep in mind that this happened after I had canceled and received the refund.
That really is rubbing salt into the wound. I am sorry that you are sad. Are you going to plan another trip?

It stinks. So much planning and waiting :(. Hopefully you get to plan again soon. We had to cancel our March trip (have Jetblue Credit) and were on the fence about our October trip. I think we are going as long there are no restrictions (having to quarantine for two weeks when we go) and things don't get worse.

We were really sad we did not get to go to our Alaska cruisetour. Our first time. We planned it with another couple for two years. Hoping we can go in 2022. Not ready to cruise in 2021. We were lucky and got refunded for our cruise, our Travel Insurance (separate) and our non-refundable First Class tickets to Anchorage.

Happy planning.

That really is rubbing salt into the wound. I am sorry that you are sad. Are you going to plan another trip?
Another trip will be planned for next year. Now we are waiting for the reservation window to open to book for next July. I'm going to be checking every day.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your anniversary trip but here's to hoping you will have an even more wonderful time on your next trip full of Disney magic.

Another trip will be planned for next year. Now we are waiting for the reservation window to open to book for next July. I'm going to be checking every day.

In case you didn't see - 2021 packages are bookable 6/28.

Sorry about the cancelation. We are all in this too. I find it uplifting to just book a stay now for next summer. We decided since we were paid off at BWI that we would just apply the balance to GF and pay the rest over the next year. Dreaming is fun too with planning Disney.

Sorry about the cancelation. We are all in this too. I find it uplifting to just book a stay now for next summer. We decided since we were paid off at BWI that we would just apply the balance to GF and pay the rest over the next year. Dreaming is fun too with planning Disney.
Hello! I couldn't agree with you more in regard to the fun of planning! As soon as they were available, I re-booked our trip for July 2021. Usually I do a room only and upgrade our Disneyland AP's to Premier, but with the park reservation system in place, I booked a package at the Contemporary which includes tickets just to make sure that we won't have any issues. I just had to change the dates on the spreadsheet. Now we're just waiting for Disneyland to open in the mean time in order to get our fix. Not to good with resort initials... I think GF would be Grand Floridian but I don't know BWI.

Today we would be arriving in Disney for my nieces dance the world competition, we were all beyond excited and we are sooooo disappointed today :(
I already rebooked for April at the yacht club but who knows what it will all be like. I’m thinking of booking July as a back up..
I need my Disney fix soon! I had the best trip planned for us all, all the bells and whistles and now most of those aren’t even offered :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter