Sorta Last Minute Cruise

FunFamily

Mouseketeer
To celebrate a recent job promotion we were interested in taking a 3 or 4 day cruise in late January or early February 2003. Two cabins with a window will be required.

Any ideas of where to find available space (if any) at the best price? We will be first time cruisers, so I apprecate you answering my newbie question.

Thanks and happy holidays to all.

Congrats on new promotion!

We are taking our second cruise in two weeks (exactly!!!), and we've booked both of them a month before! We're kind of spontaneous people, not real planners. However, we're also not picky about cabins/seating times. I love to throw together a trip and scurry around trying to fit everything in and then, whew, finally get there and have a ball! I'm sure that the planners out there think I'm nuts, some people love to plan ahead and they do get better rates. It all depends on your own comfort level.

You probably will not get the greatest rate (hopefully new promotion = new pay! ;) ) since you are booking last minute. But it is still worth it! Make sure you check this site for great hints and check out Barb and Tony's site www.castawayclub.com and Dave's dcltribute.com. They should answer any questions that you have. Hope you decide to go for it!

Hubby and I did a 'last minute' 3 day cruise last spring. (3 days before sailing!!!) We had to have our passports FEDEXed to us in Vero Beach - then on to the port. (They came the day we left!!) Didn't do anything about dining rotations, cabin, excursions - and you know what? We had a BALL. Just went with the flow, checked the Navigators daily and did what we could. Got a Palo's ressie at abt. 3:20 PM for one night. No stress - no mess - just a great time! (of course we paid thru the nose - but hey! it was vacation!!!!!!) Sometimes the totally unplanned turn out the best, rather than being in a stew over inconsequential stuff for months on end.

seems to be some Deep discounts on January sailing check out the board to find the post... cat 11 or 12 i believe...
peter

Congratulations on the promotion! What a great way to celebrate too!

Peter is right, there are some great rates to be had in January!
The Category 11, Standard Inside stateroom (no window), are discounted to $399 each (plus port charges and govt taxes) for the 1st 2 passengers for the 01/26/03 4-night cruise. This is based on availability of course. If you are interested in checking into this further, feel free to email me or submit a reservation request on the Dreams home page. :)

Whatever you decide, have a GREAT time!!
Cathy

The 4-night cruise that I mentioned (01/26/03 since FunFamily mentioned a 4-night cruise at the end of January or early February) has stops in Nassau, Freeport and of course, Castaway Cay.

Cathy

Thanks for the information. Is there a time that a cat. 6 or 7 is more likely to be discounted?

Maybe they cut me a break because I live in the Sunshine state but I've booked four cruises directly through the Mouse and done pretty good... the last one really doesn't count because it was the $99 special... ironically the worst cruise of the four we have taken... I guess you get what you pay for...

Seriously... if you are a bit flexible on your cruise date and get a reservationist who is willing to work with you you can meet or beat anyone out there booking cruises... give them a shot, again, be flexible, and you might be surprised what you get for your money...
That is all...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter