South American Tour Groups

I am planning my next trip to WDW
During the last trip I made to WDW there was huge horde of South America teenagers invading our resort causing all sorts of problems and the same huge hordes of South American teenagers would be roaming the parks causing issues there also.
Is there any way to avoid visiting when these groups are there?
Is there any way to know if your resort will be infested with these teenagers?
They don't stay at deluxe resorts, so there's your answer to your last question.

We've seen them in the parks in July and they were never problematic in the parks as far as we saw.

Are they around the first week of May (May 1 - May 10) ?
Thanks

We saw them in EPCOT = we did the circle opposite of them around the counties - in June !

We were just at WDW from Feb 4-8. The South Americans were there in force, both in tour groups and individuals. I noticed them the most at Epcot, but they were in DHS and MK as well. There were times you heard nothing but Spanish spoken around you. At the Indiana Jones show, which was packed (I'd never seen that before either!) when a person from Brazil was picked, the crowd roared. Totally unscientific, but it appeared that half the crowd was from Brazil!

We had many problems with the South American tour groups. When they were going somewhere, they would barrel through an area, walking fast as a group, making you get out of their way. I finally had enough and stopped, making them go around me! One group of about 40 was singing some song in Portuguese very loudly while walking through Mexico in front of the pyramid. If we were in line with them, we would get jostled, hit, bumped and one of them almost knocked down my 10 year old daughter! They also would cut in front of us in line. We WILL NOT go back if the South American tour groups are there.

One of the CM’s asked them to tone it down and I saw several of them giving him the middle finger. Pretty much same behavior from a group we kept crossing paths with at MK on Tuesday.

If I was a CM, I'd eject them from the park. I don't tolerate stuff like that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!