• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southeast Air out of Newburgh NY?

NYMom

Mouseketeer
Just a few questions for anyone who flew Southeast air from Newburgh NY to Sanford, Orlando.
How was your experience with this charter?
Open or reserved seating?
On time record?
Meals?
ease of check-in?
luggage restrictions?
We live 8 miles from stewart and would love to depart so close from home, however, we have never taken a charter flight and we don't know what to expect. We will be flying with our 2 sons, ages 9 & 5.
Any replies are greatly appreciated. TIA:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

i tried to book with them and their website wouldnt let me. they fly into sanford which was a factor for me. someone had pointed out to me that they get $59 each way tickets. i could not get that. i dont know how they did it. but when i tried the cheapest seats i could find were $303/person round trip not including taxes and fees.

i just bought my tickets through orbitz. $160/rt/person. (209 after taxes and fees) for may. if you can get the $59 each way tickets southeast sounds like a really good deal.

also. it is a no frills airline. no snacks or food will be served on their planes. the website does say to that you are more than welcome to bring your own though. everyone that responded to my inquirys were very happy with southeast. for the luggage restrictions i suggest visiting their website. it has all that info on there.
have a great trip!!

I've flown SouthEast Air twice now (both times to Fort Lauderdale). i live in Albany and drive down to Newburgh (about 90 minutes).

They seem to operate o.k. but it is a shoestring operation. I had no problems with them either time i've flown. Last week the flight was diverted, ironically, to Albany because of fog in Newburgh but that's to be expected.

To get the cheap rates, call them up and ask to join their Club 59. For $59 a person (or $99 a family) , you get the ability to buy unlimited tickets for $59 each way for one year.

They give you one drink on the flight and that's it. No peanuts, nothing. Bring food and plenty to do if you travel with kids.

Also, they give seat assignments at check-in (unlike SWAir) so the strategy is to get to the airpiort as early as possible and then you get the best seats. I got to the airport early (2 hours) both tiems and was able to get 5 seats across for the family and exit row seats for me.

Let me know if you need more information.

nymom ...we are almost neighbors. I called the airline yesterday to book a flight for our upcoming trip.At 59 dollars each way you cant beat it. Its a no frills flight but the time saved traveling to stewart is well worth it.they say the drive to wdw from sanford is only 40 minutes or so.doesnt sound too bad.If anyone has any more info......let us know! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

What is their website? I live near Albany and may consider driving there. Where do you leave your car and how much does that cost for parking

the website is www.flyseal.com. There is no-off iste parking that i could find at Stewart (the airport name in Newbugh) but parking was only $45 per week at a lot that is literally just outside the door of the airport (this is a very small airport).

Let me know if you need more infomation.

Oh! I just thought of one other thing to mention about Southeast airlines. They are a public charter airline which means that they operate under some different rules. The most significant thing that I could find is that they have no relationships with other airlines. So, if the plane is down because of mechanical problems you may be SOL as they have no commitment to put you on another airline. Also, since they have so few flights per day and to such a limited number of places, your flexibility is hampered in weather problems, etc.

When Newburgh was fogged in on Sunday, our flight was delayed leaving Fort lauderdale until they could secure permission to go on to Albany. We ended up landing in Albany and they let my wife and three kids off the plane (I had someone pick them up) and I stayed on with the luggage so I could get my car.

Nice door-to-door service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter