Southern California Citypass

justinmom10

Earning My Ears
I thought this pass included a $10 ESPN card and one early entry into Disneyland. Just received the booklet and I don't see any information regarding these two items. Does anyone know if these are given when the booklet is first used at Disneyland or am I missing something? :confused3

Hi Justinmom10,

Sorry can't help with your question, but do you know if it is possible to upgrade to 4 days at DL with the city pass?
We are coming from Australia in Nov. and thought we might get the city pass, but would love an extra day at DL!

Hope u get your answer

Carin

justinmom10 said:
I thought this pass included a $10 ESPN card and one early entry into Disneyland. Just received the booklet and I don't see any information regarding these two items. Does anyone know if these are given when the booklet is first used at Disneyland or am I missing something? :confused3

I called CityPass and the rep told me that one day early entry will be included. I imagine when we turn in the vouchers for actual tickets we will get the info then.
Didn't ask about ESPN.
Don't remove that voucher from the CityPass book.
If you do it's invalid. Let each park do it for you.

I just returned from DL, and I used my So. Cal. City Pass. Your tickets DO include one day of early entry AND the $10 ESPN Zone voucher. We did not know about the early entry, and were not able to use it. Did go over to the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney and let the kids run around and play $40 worth of games for free.

sstein44,

The early entry, do you get a voucher for this when you used your citypass?
The ESPN card, did you actually get a card with your citypass?

Concerning the Early Entry: No you do not get a voucher or anything. I asked and it is automatically "programmed" into your scannable hopper ticket. You only can use this feature 1 time on your 3-day hopper.

Concerning the ESPN Zone $10 credit: You have to go over to ESPN Zone and wait in the line along with everyone else wanting to purchase gaming tickets/credits. It was very simple, and got no hassle what-so-ever. The queue is on the second floor. Your hopper pass has the $10 ESPN credit printed on it, and when you redeem it, they mark it off with a magic marker.

Also, with the City Passes-- We used them at the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and Knotts (which our boys loved....Camp Snoopy has lots of great kids rides)-- You do NOT need to go to a ticket booth to redeem the tickets. Go straight to the turnstiles when entering the park, and they will take them from you there. At Disney, you will need to go to a ticket booth to receive your hoppers.

Let me know if you have any more questions. :)

sstein44,

Thank you for the information! I'm still a little confused on the ESPN card. On my citypass booklet, there is no mention of a ESPN card. I only know it is supposed to be included becuase I purchased it from Costco and was mentioned it was included. Did your booklet indicate something that I am missing? Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Justinmom

I not longer have my City Pass booklet, so I can't tell you whether or not it was listed in there. When the Hopper tickets were printed out, the $10 credit was included, in very small type at the top of the ticket. I just consider it an extra perk, and it worked out well for us, because it was nice to take a break from the park for a little while and go over to Downtown Disney. My kids love video arcade games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter