Southwest booking window open through March 7

Thanks, we have a cruise on March 4. I've been waiting for them to have flights for then. Didn't think they'd have them so soon. Last time it was 6 months before our trip when I was able to get them. So glad SW has an easy direct 2hr flight from our home to Orlando, makes flying with dd so much easier☺

Any guesses when the rest of March will come on line? What about Jet Blue?

Also, why would anyone buy the "Anytime" fare over the "Wanna Get Away" fare? I mean, refundable is the only difference, so maybe for that, but is there something I'm not seeing in the differences? That's a huge fare difference for just "refundable".

Any guesses when the rest of March will come on line? What about Jet Blue?

Also, why would anyone buy the "Anytime" fare over the "Wanna Get Away" fare? I mean, refundable is the only difference, so maybe for that, but is there something I'm not seeing in the differences? That's a huge fare difference for just "refundable".

From the SWA website: On July 27, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through April 6, 2018.

From the SWA website: On July 27, 2017 we will open our schedule for sale through April 6, 2018.
We fly to Orlando on March 3 and come home on March 11, so I'm not able to get the tickets yet. I was hoping they'd add each additional day as the days progress, hope that makes sense. Thought they might have March 11 by next Monday. Oh well, July 27 it's that far off. My dh likes to get tickets for first flight out each morning. Now we need to decide if we should leave at 7am for $109/pp or 4pm for $69/pp. We get the cheapest fare and hope everything goes as planned. Last time they lowered the ticket prices several times after we bought them. Called them and was able to get credit every time the prices dropped. We got over $350 in credit that we then used to fly to a relative's wedding.

We fly to Orlando on March 3 and come home on March 11, so I'm not able to get the tickets yet. I was hoping they'd add each additional day as the days progress, hope that makes sense. Thought they might have March 11 by next Monday. Oh well, July 27 it's that far off. My dh likes to get tickets for first flight out each morning. Now we need to decide if we should leave at 7am for $109/pp or 4pm for $69/pp. We get the cheapest fare and hope everything goes as planned. Last time they lowered the ticket prices several times after we bought them. Called them and was able to get credit every time the prices dropped. We got over $350 in credit that we then used to fly to a relative's wedding.

I would just get a one way ticket for March 3rd and then another one way when March 11 opens up. There is no discount to buying a round trip.

Southwest won't add those later in March flights now until July...you are probably much better off buying one-ways for the first leg of your trip now to lock in the cheaper price. (By July your March 3 flight will probably cost way more.) Then book the return flight when it comes available. We do that whenever Southwest's booking window straddles our flying dates!

Southwest won't add those later in March flights now until July...you are probably much better off buying one-ways for the first leg of your trip now to lock in the cheaper price. (By July your March 3 flight will probably cost way more.) Then book the return flight when it comes available. We do that whenever Southwest's booking window straddle our flying dates!
Oops...you beat me to it!

Thanks, I thought round trip was always cheaper. I'll have to discuss with dh what time he'll want to leave. Luckily we have a lot of times to choose from.

Thanks for posting. Have been keeping an eye out, but hadn't checked today. Got ours booked for our Jan cruise!

Thanks, I thought round trip was always cheaper. I'll have to discuss with dh what time he'll want to leave. Luckily we have a lot of times to choose from.

It doesn't matter with Southwest. The price is the same whether you buy 2 one way tickets or a round trip ticket.

Thanks for the heads up. Was able to snag a $79 trip home. I missed when the last block went on sale and we were up in the air about driving vs flying. Getting such a cheap return trip made paying the higher flight down much more palatable.

So glad you posted this! I had no idea they would open up the schedule so early! Got great fares...best we've had in years!

Southwest always announces when it plans to open booking windows so you can be ready for it, but that info is a couple clicks away on their website. From their home page, if you click on Flight (upper right hand corner), then Flight Schedules, it will tell you their projected dates to open the next booking window. I always put it right in my Outlook and phone calendars so I don't forget. For reasons I can't understand, there are only three nonstops a day from Denver to Orlando, so it is critical we book it as soon as it comes out. A couple times the prices have gone down after we booked and we just rebook with no penalty and save the credit for another flight (which, along with free bag check, is why we fly Southwest all the time.)

I'm so glad some of you were able to get good fares! Happy travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter