Southwest Flights Released for XMAS today

DisneyRegulars

DIS Veteran
Just a heads up. Today Southwest will be releasing their flight schedule out through New Years. Good luck!

Hmmm wonder if a Hawaii destination will finally be announced?? I'm wanting to go in June of 2019...

We bought for 2 December trips today. We almost always go for NYE, not as outrageous as other years.

Return for that not available yet. We like to spend as much of January away from NJ as we can!

I got mine early this morning as well. I knew they were being released today from another poster a while back. I got a pretty good deal from SJC to MCO $333 each which is the cheapest flight I've purchased going to FL so far! Pretty excited!!!:dumbo:

I jumped on it this morning and was able to get my week after thanksgiving for $218 RT -- super good deal for us (BDL-MCO) considering we just paid $400 for our april trip.

sorry if i'm missing something, but southwest airlines are so expensive (imo)!

we're a family of 6 and usually fly with spirit and it is insanely cheap compared to Southwest! i'm on southwest's website now, and a flight from PHL to MCO is 500 per person/each way

what am i missing lmao

edit: im looking at business select. regardless, the Wanna Get Away prices are still steep compared to spirit... but the two checked bags does seem pretty good:cool1:

sorry if i'm missing something, but southwest airlines are so expensive (imo)!

we're a family of 6 and usually fly with spirit and it is insanely cheap compared to Southwest! i'm on southwest's website now, and a flight from PHL to MCO is 500 per person/each way

what am i missing lmao

edit: im looking at business select. regardless, the Wanna Get Away prices are still steep compared to spirit... but the two checked bags does seem pretty good:cool1:

We have almost never paid more than $100 one way to anywhere we've flown on Southwest. We've gotten plenty of flights for $49 and $79 each way. Right now I'm complaining about $130-$160 ea way from Chicago. It's not awful, just not what I'm used to. But we usually go midweek to midweek and those prices are for weekend flights around the holidays. I also expect to get them cheaper between now and the time we leave. They run very good sales.

Got my nonstop flights from PVD to MCO 12/22-12/27 for a total of $1041.92 with early bird added on for two people. Flights going down was rough ($302/person) but coming back wasn’t too bad ($128/person).

I got our nonstop flights from PVD to MCO 12/5-12/12, with early bird check in, for $1015! $112/person each way x 4 people I’m pretty happy with those prices though I’ll still keep an eye out for sales.

Got ours for Dec 2 from PVD $133 down and back Dec 7 $112 non stop both ways..... I’m very happy with those prices

Managed to book PIT-MCO Nov 29-Dec 4 for around 1000 for 5 people. Was very happy, especially since we had vouchers from the time that Southwest delayed our flight more than 3 hours. Ended up only paying around $350 out of pocket. Had to add two nights (first night at AoA Family suite-cash, last night at OKW 2 BD - points) since Friday and Monday flights were way higher than we wanted to pay.

Was up at 5:30am this morning refreshing over and over again. The dates didn't load until alost 7:45am. And the prices were a bit kooky/crazy high!! Delta was the same price with better flight times.

I wasn't impressed with their prices and I won't be waking up in the wee hours of the morning again for this!

I booked delta on the way down, but because we aren't sure whether we will be able to get our full vacation dates via DH's work (he is starting a new job in August), we used our SW points to book two dates as our return, and will cancel one of those dates with only a $5 fee pp, but get our points returned without penalty (thats how it works, right?!)

Last edited:
Was up at 5:30am this morning refreshing over and over again. The dates didn't load until alost 7:45am. And the prices were a bit kooky!! Coming back was $200 one way on November 18!!! Going there was the same price as Delta's been for over two weeks. The round trip was only 10% less than United direct. I wasn't impressed with their prices and I won't be waking up in the wee hours of the morning again for this!

I booked delta on the way down, but because we aren't sure whether we will be able to get our full dates via DH's work (he is starting a new job in August), we used our SW points to book two dates as our return, and will cancel one of those dates with only a $5 fee pp, but get our points returned without penalty (thats how it works, right?!)

There is no fee or penalty with SW for cancelling on points. You won't lose anything.

Was up at 5:30am this morning refreshing over and over again. The dates didn't load until alost 7:45am. And the prices were a bit kooky!! Coming back was $200 one way on November 18!!! Going there was the same price as Delta's been for over two weeks. The round trip was only 10% less than United direct. I wasn't impressed with their prices and I won't be waking up in the wee hours of the morning again for this!

I booked delta on the way down, but because we aren't sure whether we will be able to get our full dates via DH's work (he is starting a new job in August), we used our SW points to book two dates as our return, and will cancel one of those dates with only a $5 fee pp, but get our points returned without penalty (thats how it works, right?!)
SW doesn't usually charge a fee and returns your points. I believe you have 12 months to use them once cancelled.

Thank you! It’s my first time booking points so I was unsure!

I’m ok losing the $5.20 fee per ticket :)

Also above the PP mentioned a 12 month rule...That does not apply to points. They go back in your account for normal use anytime. It applies to price drops on cash bookings. You have 12 months from booking date to use the credits. This is why I love using SW points for flights.

I booked three tickets yesterday using points. More points than usual but I expected that with traveling in December closer to Christmas. I always book one way tickets with points so if I see a lower fare I can cancel whatever one way flight to get the points refunded. I got really lucky with southwest for our last trip in February from Chicago. It was only $100 round trip and I had never had that happen before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter