Southwest Visa changing # of FF miles needed

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
We specifically got the Southwest Visa because of the mileage you get for using it.

We just received notice yesterday that they are changing their policy. So instead of needing 1,000 miles to earn a flight credit you will now need 1,200 miles to earn one credit. After earning 16 credits you get a free ticket.

I'm so bummed because we just received a ticket & are very close to receiving another one. Now it will take us longer. :(

Oh well, hopefully we'll get it by the time we want to book our Southwest flights. Maybe we'll go back to using the USAir Visa, but we really liked flying Southwest because of the non-stop out of Buffalo! :p

I wonder if AmEx points that you can transfer to SW will change also. I just got 2 freebies by transferring the additional points from AmEx.

you will now need 1,200 miles to earn one credit

Yep, just checked their site. But it is 1 credit for every $1200 charged, not 1 credit for every 1200 miles traveled.

So that's another $3200 you have to charge before you get a free ticket, right? Well, college tuition is going up anyway, so I'll still get my freebie!!

Well, maybe more, but I get most of my credits with Rapid Rewards. I just got home from a trip (non-Disney) and earned 5 credits. 4 for the flights and .5 for the Dollar car rental + .5 for the room reservation at a Marriott. Reserved them all through the Southwest site.

I've never gotten a Rapid Reward for a flight! All mine are from charges and transferring AmEx points. I'm a shopaholic and have 2 kids in college.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter