Southwest

old feller

DIS Veteran
Flying down to Orlando from balto/Washington (bwi). In september...we purchased our flights down and are waiting to buy return. What is a good price to you .non-stop btw

Imho..anywhere up north..we live in Ohio, if you can get it for less than 150.00 I buy it.
Im assuming your other flight was close to that?

I can't put a dollar amount on it, since it can change from one trip to the next. Prices are higher around holidays, on certain days of the week, etc. No point in me telling you that $150 is a good price if there's nothing available that cheap!

We shop flights at all 3 of the DC airports and a few different airlines to see what our options are. Sometimes we can make changes for a cheaper flight, and sometimes we can't. For example, last November we changed our dates because we could get significantly cheaper flights if we shifted our trip 1 day later. Other trips we can't do that. Once I feel like I have a good handle on what's available for the dates and times we need, we pick the best option. (If it helps, in 2018 we paid about $300 round trip per person. This year it will be about $400 round trip, but we had less flexibility.)

What did you pay for flight down? What is current range for flights back? We have had good luck flying out of BWI instead of PHL the last few times, and have gotten lucky with $73-99 for most, a few at $134-150, gotten around 6-8 weeks out, for early Nov and week before Christmas, but definitely seems pricier recently. Midweek is usually cheaper - not sure when you are flying. Was helping friends look for late Aug, and had seen $104 each way, which is still good(they are paying more to fly out of Philly for their preference, with $126 down, and waiting on way back as lowest is $182).

What are you realistically comfortable paying? What's the most you're willing to pay?

Anything in that range should be acceptable.

Flying BWI to MCO mid week in Sept. Family of 4. I booked flights for $455 down and $415 back. So a little over $100 a ticket each way. I live in Philly but don’t mind driving to BWI for better flight time and to save a little $$

Put your info into the search on Southwest.com and when it does it's search, click the lowest fare calendar. That will display the lowest fare available for every day in the month. That doesn't mean it is actually available, but just that they exist. When I put in your airport info, $119 comes up as the lowest fare, so that seems like the price to shoot for.

For me, personally, I fly out of MCI and I would love to get $150 flights, but this vacation is more like $200 per flight, making it close to $400 round trip per personal for our May trip.

I usually go to Google Flights, Put in airports one way, scroll through the calendar, and see what the lowest prices are. I have been pretty successful monitoring each month, seeing how far out the prices drop and getting a fairly good idea what I should pay. I got flights home from MCO to MSP on Frontier for $59 in October. Right now, the flights our are showing $193 MSP-MCO the Friday before Columbus weekend. That is more than I'm willing to pay. I'm pretty confident the prices will go down. I'm showing the prices non-stop the Friday before Memorial Day at $94. I might be a little nervous waiting until the week before we leave, but I have a pretty good idea of a starting place. Google Flights is a really good place to do research. I'm seeing some Tuesday flights on Frontier for $38, Delta later in the week for $129 and some Southwest for $119 (with free bags) I would definitely pass on Spirit.

Last edited:
Imho..anywhere up north..we live in Ohio, if you can get it for less than 150.00 I buy it.
Im assuming your other flight was close to that?

No idea re BWI. Generally, to MCO it depends on time of year & what day of week. Tues, weds & Thurs tend to have better sale fares.

I’ve rarely paid that much from PIT one way. Did snag a few fares under $100 this year via sales, but out of the gate relatively high for dates i’ve Checked this year. Took some work, still don’t have a way home early October as rates have been over $200 since day two of schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter