SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m there the first week so I’m thinking it’s a long shot, but I’m still going to hold a spot in the schedule for it just in case.....

yeah, at least the Festival of the Arts will be going on so if it winds up not working out for Space 220 we will probably just eat at the booths vs worrying about another reservation

Huh! At this rate I was expecting it to open in March. :p I'll miss it by less than I thought I would, but I'll still miss it.

Why are some news sites saying that the opening has been "delayed"? Wasn't Disney's original announcement for "Winter 2019"? This would mean that they have until March 19th 2020 to make their deadline.

Unless people misinterpreted "Winter 2019" as Winter, by the end of 2019.. however, it's fairly common for the term Winter 2019 to include the months carrying over to the following year.

Why are some news sites saying that the opening has been "delayed"? Wasn't Disney's original announcement for "Winter 2019"? This would mean that they have until March 19th 2020 to make their deadline.

Unless people misinterpreted "Winter 2019" as Winter, by the end of 2019.. however, it's fairly common for the term Winter 2019 to include the months carrying over to the following year.

The original announcement said "by the end of 2019", then it became "winter 2019" and then just "winter"

The original announcement said "by the end of 2019", then it became "winter 2019" and then just "winter"

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I guess I didn't catch the original announcement. Guess I'll have to visit after February and get a table for one.

How likely is it Space will take ADRs when it first opens?

If they do it like the opening of Takumi-Tei then it will just open and there will no advanced warning.

Also, since Takumi is a Signature restaurant that does not take the dining plan I am wondering if Space will be the same

I’m in the disappointed camp as well as we have upcoming short trips in December an January. This was literally the only ADR we wanted and I haven’t booked much hoping to be flexible. Now that all hope is lost I need to plan ADRs to fill the gaps and I’m suffering planning fatigue (lol). Maybe we’ll just wing it, but disappointing for sure.

Bummer. We will just miss it. Well, still excited for our current ADR for Teppan Edo. Was really hoping we'd be able to try it this time.

I’m going in April, and I’m just wondering if it will be open by then at this rate. Or if they will push it back a few more times.

Does anyone know how they handle reservations for new restaurants? Will there be a general media announcement or does someone just notice one day that reservations are available?
I would also like to know how to find out when ADRs for Space become available, as we will be there the first week of March.

I would also like to know how to find out when ADRs for Space become available, as we will be there the first week of March.
Aside from watching this thread, the Mouse Dining reservation alert system has Space 220 on its list of restaurants checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!