SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win a Space 220 experience - to benefit Give Kids the World

You now have the chance to dine at Space 220 Restaurant in Epcot® at Walt Disney World®, Patina Restaurant Group’s latest signature table-service restaurant and lounge. It will be a culinary experience featuring the celestial panorama of a space station, including daytime and nighttime views of Earth from 220 miles up. You'll enjoy fantastic meals and drinks in a setting that is truly stellar. Your chance to win starts at as little as $10. No purchase is necessary to win.

Your prize package for two (2) features:

Roundtrip airfare to Orlando, Florida
Lodging for two nights at a Walt Disney World® Resort
2-day Theme Park Tickets with Park Hopper® option
Dinner for two at Space 220 Restaurant at Epcot®

Great cause and what a prize! Runs through Jan 15th. I looked to see if the terms and conditions gave any clue as to opening date but unfortunately they don't. Just says available after the restaurant opens and subject to resort availability.

It seems they are giving us another clue also, it talks about the latest "signature dining restaurant and lounge". So, to me, that means a two table service credits on the dining plan. Disappointing.
Good catch. I didn't even process that. And interesting focus on lounge. I think the early reports said it was a pretty small bar ~8 seats maybe? A true lounge would be great.

My 17 year old son is really looking forward to this restaurant but I can't justify signature prices for a teenager, especially when we could do two meals for that price. I guess we will just wait and see.

My 17 year old son is really looking forward to this restaurant but I can't justify signature prices for a teenager, especially when we could do two meals for that price. I guess we will just wait and see.

Well, unless it is a prefixe thing you could go and like just get appetizers or split an entree or something. Definitely ways to go to experience it but looking to not break the bank

Good catch. I didn't even process that. And interesting focus on lounge. I think the early reports said it was a pretty small bar ~8 seats maybe? A true lounge would be great.

I could see a true lounge being super popular! I mean, I would want to eat there at times too but if I was local I would frequent that lounge!

Well, unless it is a prefixe thing you could go and like just get appetizers or split an entree or something. Definitely ways to go to experience it but looking to not break the bank

We would definitely do that. We don't do the dining plan so it's not the two credit thing, it's just the high prices. I'm not that cheap but we find most of the signature places too high and honestly not the feel we are looking for. But of course we have no clue what this place will be like.

Disney. I am begging you. When people start making ADRs for this fine restaurant and ordering the equivalent of a cupcake so they can “experience” it, please institute a minimum per person and please DO NOT convert it to fixed price.

Not everyone dines the exact same way. Not everyone eats desert - especially pre chosen small sample deserts.

When my husband and I dine in a signature restaurant we usually share an appetizer, both get either soup or salad, both get an entree, and sometimes split a desert.

Please leave this for people who want a great dinner experience and do not turn it into a another paid attraction.

Disney. I am begging you. When people start making ADRs for this fine restaurant and ordering the equivalent of a cupcake so they can “experience” it, please institute a minimum per person and please DO NOT convert it to fixed price.

Not everyone dines the exact same way. Not everyone eats desert - especially pre chosen small sample deserts.

When my husband and I dine in a signature restaurant we usually share an appetizer, both get either soup or salad, both get an entree, and sometimes split a desert.

Please leave this for people who want a great dinner experience and do not turn it into a another paid attraction.

I agree - put a minimum per person or an "experience surcharge" or something ... I am fearful they go the prefixe route though

I agree - put a minimum per person or an "experience surcharge" or something ... I am fearful they go the prefixe route though
People ordering cupcakes is why we can’t have nice things. Given the wine collection being advertised and the modern american menu, I am hopeful they are targeting an audience that appreciates dining.

I would be fine with this. We would never just go in and order something small like a cupcake. I just don't want the fixed price meals. We went to BOG once for breakfast and I never went back. I couldn't imagine the pricing for that place when it felt like a cafeteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter