SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's to be expected but I really wish that initial announcement indicating '2019' had never been made because it really raised some of our expectations. I know I genuinely thought it was going to be open for my December trip next month and now I am disappointed. I mean, yes, it's been clear for a while now it wasn't going to happen but initially I think many of us thought it was possible.

Oh, well. To be honest, perhaps it's for the best - just keep all those frenzied, crazed space crowds over at Hollywood Studios (which I will be avoiding like the plague) on my trip next month, and I will be happier, in the end, going to Space 220 after it's been open for awhile and the kinks have been worked out and such.

I know it's to be expected but I really wish that initial announcement indicating '2019' had never been made because it really raised some of our expectations. I know I genuinely thought it was going to be open for my December trip next month and now I am disappointed. I mean, yes, it's been clear for a while now it wasn't going to happen but initially I think many of us thought it was possible.

Oh, well. To be honest, perhaps it's for the best - just keep all those frenzied, crazed space crowds over at Hollywood Studios (which I will be avoiding like the plague) on my trip next month, and I will be happier, in the end, going to Space 220 after it's been open for awhile and the kinks have been worked out and such.

I agree - and not sure how much they gain by wording it as "opening by end of 2019" cannot giving a timeframe initially

I am with previous poster, I can see them doing feb 20.
I am just happy it’ll be open for our March trip! I love when we get to catch new stuff :)

I am with previous poster, I can see them doing feb 20.
I am just happy it’ll be open for our March trip! I love when we get to catch new stuff :)
Same. I’m hopeful for our April trip that it doesn’t get pushed any further. We missed galaxy edge opening by 3 days in August. So while that will be new to us, this would be great.

We just completed our ADR for our May 2020 trip - booked a dinner just in case Space 220 does not open on time. Will keep an eye out just in case.

Does anyone expect any kind of a heads up before Space 220 reservations open up? Or do we think they'll just appear one day?
I think it is just going to pop up. I tried calling 407-WDW-DINE to check - wait time was in excess of 90 min.

They supposedly won't take ADRs by phone any more, so have cut back on phone staff.
I did do all of our trip ADR via My Disney Experience. On their recording they do say to stay on the line if the restaurant you want is not listed. I thought it was worth a shot.

What is the best way to get first dibs on reservations? We have trips planned for February, April, and May. Is there a good source for email or text alerts?

We aren’t going until June, so I’m confident it will be open by then, but my ADR day is next week. I wish there was a menu published. I’m ok with it being outside of dining plan. And if we have to do no ADR’s, I can live with that. But I’d really like to see what the menu and prices are going to be like. DH is still new to the Disney fandom and he’s never asked for much in the way of experiences, but he really wants to see this restaurant.

I asked earlier, but probably no one knows..... just thought I'd ask again in case anyone has heard rumors.

Anyone have any idea if this will be a normal 1 TS restaurant, or a 2TS Signature restaurant on the dining plan?

I asked earlier, but probably no one knows..... just thought I'd ask again in case anyone has heard rumors.

Anyone have any idea if this will be a normal 1 TS restaurant, or a 2TS Signature restaurant on the dining plan?

All signs indicate this will be a 1TS credit, not a signature dining experience.

What is the best way to get first dibs on reservations? We have trips planned for February, April, and May. Is there a good source for email or text alerts?

No such thing as first dibs on restaurant reservations LOL. Even the reservation finders only tell you when there are openings, but you still have to log in to the Disney app/website and book (and you have to be faster than everyone else who set up reservation finders for the same time frame as you).

Keeping up with this forum is a good place to find out if an opening date gets announced, I expect that Disney Food Blog will post something as soon as a date is announced too. After that, it's all in how quickly you get online when reservations open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!