Special Basket/Dessert delivered to room or restaurant?

ericaseiler

Mouseketeer
We are new UOer's- visiting for the first time in December. We are Disney people and have often had cakes or special desserts delivered to our room or a restaurant for when we are visiting over one of our daughter's birthdays. Is something like this available at UO? We will be staying at the Royal Pacific. Thank you so much!

We are new UOer's- visiting for the first time in December. We are Disney people and have often had cakes or special desserts delivered to our room or a restaurant for when we are visiting over one of our daughter's birthdays. Is something like this available at UO? We will be staying at the Royal Pacific. Thank you so much!

We do this, too. Even if there isn't a special occasion to celebrate. We're taking a Universal-only trip next June and I like the idea of continuing the tradition there.

Let them know when you check in that you are celebrating a birthday. They have always sent up a slice of cake. One time we went for my son's hs graduation. They sent up cake, and a gift tin with candy, popcorn, soda, and a gift card for a free in room movie. No guarantee you will get anything, but let them know you are celebrating a special day.
Ohh, just remembered. Took my daughter and her friend for their sweet 16. Daughter's friend can't eat flour, they gave her a gift card for the restaurant. The restaurant made her this amazing gluten free sundae. My daughter was jealous, her cake slice was kinda weak in comparison.

Let them know when you check in that you are celebrating a birthday. They have always sent up a slice of cake. One time we went for my son's hs graduation. They sent up cake, and a gift tin with candy, popcorn, soda, and a gift card for a free in room movie. No guarantee you will get anything, but let them know you are celebrating a special day.
Ohh, just remembered. Took my daughter and her friend for their sweet 16. Daughter's friend can't eat flour, they gave her a gift card for the restaurant. The restaurant made her this amazing gluten free sundae. My daughter was jealous, her cake slice was kinda weak in comparison.
This was at Cabana Bay? Wow. We had a birthday in our family last year and had marked it on the reservation and mentioned it on check in. All we got at check in was the usual pin and a “free drink” coupon for Starbucks (we had the option of one for the Twizzler lounge, I think too). We asked about the possibility of a room upgrade too. It wasn’t offered at an discount despite the birthday mention and a very quiet time and lots of availability at the resort (we just wanted to switch our family suite to a poolside area). We still took it when it was available.

The button did result in us getting a 10% discount on food offered at one counter location in the parks, so that was nice. And the restaurant we had dinner at Sapphire Falls on the actual birthday of the trip did provide a slice of cake for free. So that was nice too.

I believe if you just wanted to order something and have it delivered to the resort you could. Though Cabana Bay won’t bring it to your room.

I’d asked the hotel about that directly prior to arrival because of the birthday and they had recommended a bakery in the city (and cartered to dietary restrictions and allergies) that could deliver to the resort.

I have seen reviews about some people having edible arrange,ents, flowers and Amazon Prime items who’d had fails with the deliver. But that seems to more be if you need something put in the fridge (they won’t do that and won’t accept it at the front desk apparently) or the people aren’t at the hotel to come and pick it up in the lobby immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!