"Special Guest" Discount!!!!!

MadiMouse

Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel
I just call CRO and I was asking if I had a pin code attached to my name and the lovely CM stated that she did not see anything at the moment. Of course, I was sad, but she asked if she could place me on hold. Upon her return she stated that she could give me a "special guest" pin code. I started screaming and she was laughing. We are staying at AKL (standard view) for 7 nights with "free dining" with 7 day park hopper tickets!! :banana:

Rock on! It definitely pays to ask for "specials"! The worst that they can say is "no". Congrats! I'm officially jealous :thumbsup2

Rock on! It definitely pays to ask for "specials"! The worst that they can say is "no". Congrats! I'm officially jealous :thumbsup2
Yeah, I was calling inquring about a pin code and I guess she heard the :sad1: in my voice! :)
you got free dining by calling? If you dont mind me asking.. how much is it costing you? We are going to AKL 8-10 till 8-16 with the DDP and 5 day passes with water park and fun for 3404.and change. I want free dining :(
I promise, I usually call CRO at least 3-4 times!! We are paying $2300 for those 7 nights, 7 day park hoppers, and dining is included. She said I could call back and keep checking for a pincode that could make the trip cheaper than its priced.

By the way, we are going Sept 6-13, 2008.

So the code they found for you was for free dining? Congrats!

That's what the CM called it! LOL

cool beans!

just curious... when are you going and what was the quoted price? are you a regular visitor (i.e. how many lifetime visits? i know they keep track of that stuff) and when was your last visit?

I wonder if the cm "released" Sept free dining to you early. And I've never heard of adding additional codes on top of codes and discounts.

Exactly what type of hysteria were you in on the phone that she took such pity on you?:goodvibes

another curious question (LOL)... were you at WDW last year for free dining? maybe she applied your "bounceback" retroactively?

cool beans!

just curious... when are you going and what was the quoted price? are you a regular visitor (i.e. how many lifetime visits? i know they keep track of that stuff) and when was your last visit?

Sept 6-13, 2008. We visit twice a year with over 20 trips under our belts. We were at the GF in Dec 2007 and I have a girls trip in June 08 at POFQ/AKL. We are disney fanatics!

isn't that the free dining period for everyone?

Free dining hasn't been offered for the general public yet. I inquired about it when I called today.

another curious question (LOL)... were you at WDW last year for free dining? maybe she applied your "bounceback" retroactively?
We were there in May and December of 2007. I'm just happy she did it!!

I wonder if the cm "released" Sept free dining to you early. And I've never heard of adding additional codes on top of codes and discounts.

Exactly what type of hysteria were you in on the phone that she took such pity on you?:goodvibes

Never heard of it either, but I told her I was sad and she said what if I could make your day. Of course, I told her to do her "thang" and she placed me on hold for about 10 minutes. I inquired about any codes at the beginning of my call and was told I didn't have anything. But I just said I was sad and started laughing and she was very, very nice!!;)

That's about the same price we're paying for AKL the next week, but we used the 40% code. Great Job and Congrats on the Special Guests Status. That's AWESOME!! Year Of A Million Dreams!!!! (and you may have just got one!)

I had been debating calling and checking to see if I had a code....but I want to go in October .... so I called and said I wanted to check on rates...we started chit chatting and I said I'm always hopeful for a code...he checked, nope...so I had him check rates...he was checking...we were chatting...it was taking a WHILE.....then he said...sorry about the delay...I was able to find a code on your name ? ! ? :worship: I love him.

I checked and it's $550 less than rack rate...no idea what or how...

WOO HOO.

Now I will say that the dates I'm going fall in the end of a range of dates [Oct 28-Nov 2] I didn't know this it's just the dates we wanted to go.

Thanks OP. I wouldn't have checked had I not read your message and though 'can't hurt to try.' :lovestruc

Trish

Way to go! I bet your going to have a great time. It is a magical place!!!
Have fun!:cool1:

THanks for sharing good news and great ideas. CM can play such an important role in our dreams.

That's about the same price we're paying for AKL the next week, but we used the 40% code. Great Job and Congrats on the Special Guests Status. That's AWESOME!! Year Of A Million Dreams!!!! (and you may have just got one!)

I know! Usually I try and discuss these things with DH, but the CM told me I would not be able to get this "special" if I called back later. She even told me to call him on my cell phone while she was on the phone to run it over with him. Well, I did not call him and I went ahead and made the ressie. Needless to say, he is :banana: !!

I had been debating calling and checking to see if I had a code....but I want to go in October .... so I called and said I wanted to check on rates...we started chit chatting and I said I'm always hopeful for a code...he checked, nope...so I had him check rates...he was checking...we were chatting...it was taking a WHILE.....then he said...sorry about the delay...I was able to find a code on your name ? ! ? :worship: I love him.

I checked and it's $550 less than rack rate...no idea what or how...

WOO HOO.

Now I will say that the dates I'm going fall in the end of a range of dates [Oct 28-Nov 2] I didn't know this it's just the dates we wanted to go.

Thanks OP. I wouldn't have checked had I not read your message and though 'can't hurt to try.' :lovestruc

Trish

You're quite welcome. :hug:

Way to go! I bet your going to have a great time. It is a magical place!!!
Have fun!:cool1:

THanks for sharing good news and great ideas. CM can play such an important role in our dreams.

You are so right!! I will be doing this until September :banana: , but I will be at AKL in June, too!!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter