Spending money

stevechase

WDW 2012
Hi all,

I don't really know if this is going to be that useful to anyone, but it would have been to us so I thought I would post it anyway. We got back on th 22nd April after almost 3 weeks at the All Star Movies. The hols were absolutely amazing and I know that it is very difficult to fully explain to anyone who has not been how great it really is. Ok, everyone knows that it will be clean and sunny and all the rest, but you really need to go to appreciate it fully. To anyone who is going in the near future have a fantastic time and savour every moment.

Anyway, on to my original point. We had 18 nights at ASM (Toy Story block), we allowed for the fact that we would spend about 2000.00 - 2500.00 pounds. We did not hold back on anything, the only reason we did not bring more stuff back was because we had not a single inch left in any luggage, we even had to put some stuff in the buggy before folding it up. We actually spent about 1500.00. We do have 2 small daughters, Beth is 5 and Ellie is nearly 3, so to be fair we ate mostly at counter service places, and I did get a touch fed up with Chilli dogs and fries, but never the less, the food was great. us having only young kids will make a difference to food costs, but I hope this may be of some help to some of you.

If you are going soon, have an amazing time, the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up thinking about the kids reaction when we saw the castle for the first time. WOW!

And one other thing, when you go over the bridge into Adventure Land on the left hand side there are some shaded tables and chairs. Just past there on the left there is a serving window. Go to the window, take out $3 and ask for a Pineapple Float, fresh pineapple juice and pineapple ice-cream, Gorgeous!

All the best
Steve

Glad your trip was great , a question about All Star Movies, did you find your room was crowded? Thanks Michelle

The ASM was excellent, there were 2 double beds, a table, 2 chairs, TV and drawers for clothes and stuff. There is a good amount of hanging space with a shelf above and an inset safe. The vanity unit is a good size with a well lit mirror. The bathroom is, well a bathroom, what more can you say about a bathroom, plenty big enough with a bath (with a shower over) and toilet.

There is also a telephone, which us English seem to steer clear of, I was told on check in that some long distance calls at certain times of the day could run to $22 per minute!!!!!!! We had a phone card anyway so it did not matter.

We have 2 young daughters (5 and 2) and we found there to be plenty of room, after all you only sleep there.

We will go back without any hesitation, it is worth it to see giat Buzz!

Steve

Thanks i am glad to hear that .. i will traveling with my kids ( DD 9 and DS 6 ) 11/29 to 12/07
requested Toy Story building and yes you are right should only be there to sleep !! Michelle

The ASM was excellent, there were 2 double beds, a table, 2 chairs, TV and drawers for clothes and stuff. There is a good amount of hanging space with a shelf above and an inset safe. The vanity unit is a good size with a well lit mirror. The bathroom is, well a bathroom, what more can you say about a bathroom, plenty big enough with a bath (with a shower over) and toilet.

There is also a telephone, which us English seem to steer clear of, I was told on check in that some long distance calls at certain times of the day could run to $22 per minute!!!!!!! We had a phone card anyway so it did not matter.

We have 2 young daughters (5 and 2) and we found there to be plenty of room, after all you only sleep there.

We will go back without any hesitation, it is worth it to see giat Buzz!

Steve

Ahhhhh yes....the pineapple float. That's at Aloha Isle, the place is well known for it's infamous Dole Whips - Yummmmmmmm :)

Penny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter