Spending the weekend at Six Flags

snowmedic

1500 MIles From the Fort.
Six Flags Lodge and indoor water park, located on Lake George in Queensbury Ny. As some of you might have figured out I am not at the Fort like we had hoped to be. Work pick up and I am a busy construction supervisor, going to 2-3 different jobs a day and working 74 hrs. a week.

I took this Friday along with the weekend off, although my work phone has not, it has been ringing since 5:30 this morning. I cant turn it off in case someone needs info. Any way, we left NW VT. at 8 this morning and drove 3 hours to Albany NY, passing Six Flags on our way. Spent some time at the Westgate mall then stopping for lunch at Sonic. Got to the lodge at about 12:30 and checked-in, room was not ready but we where able to enjoy the indoor water park. Our room was ready at 4 pm and we went out to the car and brought stuff in. Then we headed over to Six Flags Great Escape, they opened from 5-10 this evening. Came back around 9 pm and the water park was closing so we came back to our room to enjoy that.

Tomorrow we will go into the village of Lake George and take some pics, and I will also see if the campground in the area is still open and give a report on that also. My pics are on my phone so they will be in the next post, I'm on my laptop.

Last edited:
Cool Vince!

Hate work is keeping you running, but glad for the job security. (Funny how that works).

Keep up the pics. Before long you guys will be dealing with that horrible white stuff that y'all claim falls from the sky.

Thanks tiggerdad, yes the white stuff will keep us busy also. From now until it snows people will be wanting to get concrete in/on the ground before it snows and it will still be busy until just before spring when they post the roads for weight limits, that's the worst part because all the builders will be trying to get deliveries into their sites within about 3 - 4 hrs of sunrise and its just a mad house trying to work around everyone.

Here are some pics of the lodge.

430.JPG 429 copy.jpg 431 copy.jpg

They even have the Coke Freestyle machines.

432.JPG

Great pics! Did that use to be Gaslight Village or Storytown USA? Yep, I grew up in NY.

Great pics! Did that use to be Gaslight Village or Storytown USA? Yep, I grew up in NY.
Storytown USA now there's a name from my misbegotten youth. I used to go with my aunt and uncle camping every summer and that was one of our day trips every year

Sorry that my pics are coming out blury, they where taken with my old Iphone.

I went by the campgrounds in the area but they are all closed for the season, they closed on Oct. 15 so I could not get any pics, I did find a place that sold golf carts, will be checking those out for a nice used cart before our next trip to the Fort.

These are the Freestyle cups that we picked up at the lodge when we checked in. They are 13.99 ea. or 12.99 if you by 2 or more, then you can upgrade for a additional 4.99 ea. to refill at the Great Escape theme park. Total for 4 days for two was 38.48 They are able to be refilled every 30 minutes.

A couple of water park pics.

002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

There are two play area's, one for bigger kids and a smaller one for little kids. This is the one for the smaller kids.

424.JPG

There is also 3 water slides, 2 single rider slides and one for 2-4 people.

Getting ready to go into Lake George, will post pics of that when we return.

It was Storytown when I was growing up — expanded into The Great Escape in the early 80’s. I’m not sure when Six Flags took over, must have been in the 90’s, and the water park was added sometime around then as well.

Gaslight Village was in the same general area but a different park.

So I did go into Lake George, did a quick drive through, and it is a tourist town. There are 4 - 5 outlet malls for @tiggerdad to explore and a lot of little mom and pop shops also. I did manage to find 1 campground still open, King Phillip's. It is a big campground with few pull through sites. Rates are 43 - 64 a night.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpgThe building with the flag on it is the one with the shower and sink and toilet in it, the other one is the bathrooms up front and the showers in the back. There are several bath houses that look to be clean and new, but small, about the size of some residential bathrooms, there is a shower, sink and toilet. They are accessed from the outside. The bathrooms where getting cleaned so I could not get a look at those ( doors where locked). There is also a play area for the kids and a arcade.

Last edited:
I have a map and rules of the campground that I will post later, my phone did not take a very good pic of it, worst than the other pics that I have been posting.
After our drive we went back to the lodge and had lunch at

image.jpg

Their burgers and fries are really good and the fries are fresh cut and unlimited. The price was not bad either.

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

And remember, at Johnny Rockets

image.jpg

So I did go into Lake George, did a quick drive through, and it is a tourist town. There are 4 - 5 outlet malls for @tiggerdad to explore and a lot of little mom and pop shops also. I did manage to find 1 campground still open, King Phillip's. It is a big campground with few pull through sites. Rates are 43 - 64 a night.

View attachment 278860 View attachment 278861 View attachment 278862 View attachment 278863 View attachment 278864

Dang! You know I'm allergic! So is my wallet...

Been working 72-76 hours for the past 7 weeks and we are taking off to The Great Escape lodge and. Indoor water park to spend the weekend. A very much needed break from work. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!