Spice Road or Garden Grill??

litlkar

Mouseketeer
Hello All,
Have never been to either. would like some comments on each one? Trying
new restaurants this trip?

TIA
Karen

It really depends on your party. If it includs children, then definitely try Garden Grill! Characters, fun, and foods they will recognize.
I have not eaten at Spice Road yet, but have an ADR for our Nov. trip, so I have looked over the menu thoroughly. Like you, we would like to try some new restaurants during this trip.However, we are a party of two adults. I am not sure how a child would like it.

It really depends on your party. If it includs children, then definitely try Garden Grill! Characters, fun, and foods they will recognize.
I have not eaten at Spice Road yet, but have an ADR for our Nov. trip, so I have looked over the menu thoroughly. Like you, we would like to try some new restaurants during this trip.However, we are a party of two adults. I am not sure how a child would like it.
Thanks!
I will have a 12 & 13 year old with us!
Still not sure what I’m going to do yet. ADR date is quickly approaching for us!
Next Tuesday yay

We tried Spice Road for the first time on our last trip and we will not be going back. We ordered several appetizers rather than entrees with our apps because we wanted to try several things. We were treated like second class citizens, I guess due to the fact the tip wouldn't be as large. Our drinks were never refilled during the meal either.
I'd love to try Garden Grill, but sadly, my 12 year old thinks he's too grown for character meals.

My husband & I ate at Spice Road for the first time on our trip in April. We shared garlic shrimp app, I had the rack of lamb and hubby had the mixed grilled skewers for dinner. Desert had to be classic baklava (yum!) and his was the Pistachios and Saffron Custard which was really special!

We enjoyed it all. The flavours were fresh, service was good, we sat at 5:30 though (early) and were in no hurry, we wanted to linger so may not be the best comment on speed but we really liked our server, attentive, friendly with helpful info & recommendations. I didn’t lick my plate because it’s not polite but we almost waddled out.

Wicked setting sun in early evening, take sunglasses if you prefer the patio. Would likely be a more grown up feel for the teens than Garden Grill which they may like but you know their preferences best. I’m looking forward to Garden Grill but will likely wait for my new grandson to get a few years under his belt first .

Thanks!
I will have a 12 & 13 year old with us!
Still not sure what I’m going to do yet. ADR date is quickly approaching for us!
Next Tuesday yay

Okay, here is my advice. Garden Grill will be a much more difficult ADR to nab than Spice Road. Since your ADR date is approaching quickly, I would go ahead a book Garden Grill now. Then you can take a bit more time to decide, and make the change later if you wish. I am pretty certain you will be able to get a Spice Road ADR later if need be.
In the mean time, you can watch some video reviews to help decide. Maybe the kids will watch some with you so that you can get their feedback :surfweb:

Garden Grill > https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=disney+garden+grill+reviews&FORM=HDRSC3

Spice Road Table > https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...-25&sk=&cvid=91CAC341E4004DE3BD6D099F9CF14106

Hope this helps :teeth:

Okay, here is my advice. Garden Grill will be a much more difficult ADR to nab than Spice Road. Since your ADR date is approaching quickly, I would go ahead a book Garden Grill now. Then you can take a bit more time to decide, and make the change later if you wish. I am pretty certain you will be able to get a Spice Road ADR later if need be.
In the mean time, you can watch some video reviews to help decide. Maybe the kids will watch some with you so that you can get their feedback :surfweb:

Garden Grill > https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=disney+garden+grill+reviews&FORM=HDRSC3

Spice Road Table > https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=disney spice road reviews&qs=n&form=QBVR&sp=-1&pq=disney spice road reviews&sc=0-25&sk=&cvid=91CAC341E4004DE3BD6D099F9CF14106

Hope this helps :teeth:
Thanks! For your advice, it was helpful! ADR date is tomorrow, I will be doing this

Thanks again
Karen

My niece and I tried Spice Road in May. We ordered 3 appetizers to share and cocktails. The brie fondue was delicious! The hummus & olives were so-so and tasted like things you could buy in a grocery store. The last item we tried was the tuna stuffed peppers. This was disappointing because we weren't expected tuna salad with mayonnaise; we thought it would be fresh seared tuna with olive oil. Spice Road Table isn't a place I will be hurrying back to anytime soon. The services was good though.

We will never return to SR either. We ordered a few of the appetizers and we were very disappointed; everything was overcooked, and dry. We were also not impressed with the service. The restaurant was very quiet on this particular evening, and we were basically ignored. No refills, and waited forever for the check. Maybe it was an off night, but it was one and done for us.
Yes to Garden Grill.

Both are favorites. Spice Road is an every-trip stop for me and I've always been pleased with my meals, plus sitting on the patio is very relaxing. Garden Grill is my favorite character meal, partly because its served family style with no buffet, and partly because the layout of the restaurant makes the character interactions feel more intimate. And Chip is a favorite. Totally agree with the PP - book an ADR at Garden Grill, because Spice Road is easier to get in last minute.

Hello All,
Have never been to either. would like some comments on each one? Trying
new restaurants this trip?

TIA
Karen
Don't know about Spice Road, but did Makkaresh this June and it was great. We loved the options and some of the sauces was great. My son, who is very picky, had spaghetti and meatballs and it was great. The meatballs seemed homemade. We were a party of 10 and tried lots of items, all very good.

Love Spice Road! Had an amazing steak! Time your ADR so you can watch the Fireworks from your table.

is spice road all outside seating? thats the only reason i havent tried it (or rose and crown). its too hot for that.

I am not positive about SR but R&C difinately has inside seating.

We love GG. Both dinner and breakfast. I like that it feels more private, and we have always had great food and service.

We have never tried Spice Road as DH is not very adventurous with food, but personally always wanted to try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!