Spin Cycle Journal (Comments Welcome)

Well I kept pretty active with running in 2015 through mid-December as I ran a local Santa run and Hot Chocolate 15K.

As for my food issues and trying to fix them, my dietician fired me last fall. She wanted me to stop running and accept my body where it was. I told her I could not do that - at least not right at that moment as I had a huge trip for the Avengers Challenge in November. We were not a good match personality wise, so it was for the best. So I guess that was that. I was hesitant to find another dietician, so I put that on hold.

I still SPIN on Monday nights. Tuesday nights I have been working with a personal trainer since January. I took a break on running hoping I'd lose weight. Which I really have not. It has been exceedingly frustrating.

So I am registered for the 2017 Star Wars Races. The Challenges. My trainer told me to visualize running in January 20 pounds lighter as that is basically just a pound a week of weight loss a week. So that is my goal, to let go of 20 pounds.

I've gotten as high as #208. It has been very, very frustrating. I could blame this on menopause, emotional eating, or a sugar addiction. But I think I have proven to myself the phrase that you cannot outrun your fork.

Weight as of yesterday: #198.4

My current TDEE at 5 foot 4 and lightly active (1-3 times a week) = 2194

To lose 20 pounds I need to have my daily calories fall between 1300-1750.

1. I will record my food here or on My Fitness Pal.
2. I am going to try to stop eating 2 hours before bed as I actually eat quite well during the day.
3. The Star Wars Light Side Galloway Challenge Plan starts in September. I will follow it. I am very good at getting my training in.

8/10. 1420
8/11. 2083
8/12. 1765
8/13. 1524
8.14. 1753
8.15. 1399

So between this and exercise I shoułd be down a pound by numbers. Tomorrow is my weigh in day with My trainer.

TDEE * 6 = 13,164
= 3220 cal shortage
+ 3, 1 HOUR + WORKOUTS

Weight today (8/16) is 198.0

This is why I get so frustrated with weight loss. It is NOT a number games. I should be definitely DOWN a full pound by numbers. But at least I am down!

Last edited:
So the numbers game is sort of fun when it defies logic. Today #195.4

Legs beat this morning. I walked the dogs and my senior dog kept our pace moderately pokey so we only went 1.4 mi.

Met up with my running buddy Sunday morning. Had a really strong work out. Warmed up 5 min on elliptical, rowed 8 minutes, 5K on TM, 7 min rowing, then a bit of stretching and ab work.

So my run felt fabulous. It was really my first timed running effort in months. I ran strong and steady at 5 mph. I was able to run 6 minutes at a time without any struggle. This sounds probably really slow, but I started running at 4.7 mph a few years ago. I have had to work hard to walk faster and run faster. Sometimes so many long boring training runs on a TM crowd out my memories of a nice run.

Weight was up all last week and I was frustrated about it. Weight today is 196.6. I'm still having issues with sweets, but I am recording it all in MFP.

Was hyper last night. SPIN was good but I forgot my shoes. Signed up for three 10K races in Sept and Oct.

I had a good day with food yesterday. Weight this am - 196.4. Sticking with the MFP focus for now. This way if I do not lose weight, I will have lots of eating data to review with my MD.

I had a good day with food yesterday. Steady with MFP. Got 3.6 mi in yesterday. Tuesday had a good trainer session. Weight today: 195.8

Today I made an appt for a physical too and signed up for our work's fall step challenge. Sadly it ends before I'll be going to Star Wars DL, but it will catch a lot of activity.

Got 5K in Friday morning. Cool morning and it was lovely. This am a bit of cardio and then weights/abs. Tomorrow planning 5K. Doing ok recording on MFP. Weight yesterday was 194.8.

Hi Terapin!

So I'm a a month down the road. I did lose 4 pounds. Today I was #194.4.

I've had problems with sugar at night, as usual. I was able to admit one night that I was lonely and hopefully I'll come up with a better response to that than eating sweets. I saw I was going to try to stop eating 2 hours before bed. Now that it is getting dark earlier, that might be easier to work on as my focus this month.m I am doing good with MFP logging.

I've had a cold and felt pretty yuck most of the week. I plan to run/walk an hour tomorrow and see how far I get.

Onwards!

Sat - in the late afternoon I felt better, so I went to the gym (row/elliptical/weights)

On Sunday I did hustle on the TM to see where I was when an hour had passed. I did a warm up for .25 mi then hit reset and the game was on. My running buddy showed up late to the gym, so I did walk a bit more than I planned in the middle as we chatted & caught up. I made it 4.6 mi in an hour. So this is a tenth faster than I have been previously. I think I might do this again next week for an hour and ten minutes and see where I am. I've got a 10K on 9/24. After the run I did a few machines and stretches.

Monday - SPIN. I took a front row bike and killed it. So my legs are pretty tired.

I remain more focused on eating. Weight today is #193.6. I am grateful for the trend in the right direction. I'm planning 5K today after work.

9/13- It was a lot hotter than I anticipated so i ended up walking 3.6 mi at the park last night.

9/14- I have running gear with me and I might try a run after work tonight.
Wt #192.6. Very grateful that my focus is having an impact.

I had a really busy week.
I volunteered at the HS as a way to con my kid to go to the Homecoming Carnival. He was totally on to me. The next night we went to our first college fair. I also went and got my physical one afternoon. This morning I ran around to get my fasting labs drawn.

But I still did get SPIN done Monday night and worked out with my trainer on Tuesday. This morning I ran. So three solid workouts.

Saturday my plan is to a little cardio and ST at the gym. Sunday is a 10K. Its going to be humid and warm, so I had set a goal of 1:20. That might not be feasible with a race starting at 8:30 am.

Food has been pretty good. I'm recording on MFP. I had one night that was a little binge-like. But in the end I wound up heating up some rice and meat. I was hungry!!

I think my weight was #191.8 this morning. I really pray that this switched on food awareness sticks and the weight keeps dropping slow and steady.

I rechecked my TDEE and my calorie goal range in MFP is still fine for current weight.

9.26.16: Weight 191.0 this am.

Ran a 10K at 1:19:17 yesterday with heat and humidity and not enough water stations on the course. But it was quite flat!

I had a really strange dream early this morning that I was pulling worms out of my belly button. It was seriously gross. But I was thinking about it in the shower and I wonder if this was me sort of working through and releasing all of the emotional issues that cause me to eat emotionally? Maybe it was a dream visualizing my weight loss efforts and that this time I am also pulling these toxic stressors out of my body once and for all. I hardly ever recall my dreams, so of course I remember this one!

Anyway, my PE labs came back and everything is good.

I've got SPIN on tap for tonight.

9.27.16 -Had the tough SPIN instructor last night. He kept me moving when I sort of wanted to rest on my tired 10K legs.

Tues: Personal Trainer
Wed: AM run before work
Thur: check out hotel gym/walk around!
Fri: AM run
Sat: Gym
Sun: AM run
Mon: Gym- travel home

Weight holding at 191.0. Last night I was full after I ate dinner. But alas at 10:15 then I'm on the hunt for something sweet. My worst time of night. But this time I took the time to cut a frozen 3 Musketeers in half rather than eating the whole thing. Gnawing on that was fine and then I was done for the night. I really need to work on night eating. I was up late due to the debate, darn it. I need to start trying to settle down and be in bed more by 10. That alone will shave off some night eating.

9.28.16- Backed up the sweet seeking to 9:20 pm last night. I ate the other half of the Three Musketeers. That satisfied me. So I set 9:30 PM for attempting to not eat for at least 12 hours and I made it to 10:30 am today. Session with PT went well. She is pleased I am losing weight. We talked about whether or not I feel deprived. No I am definitely not. I've managed to eat a lot of things I like over the past week and still lost weight.

Today's weigh in: #190.2 So I need to keep this in mind on my trip. I am considering bringing my protein powder to combat continental breakfast or maybe even lunch so I could walk around during the conference lunch breaks.

10.6.16- Had a really super trip and conference. I was only up 1.2 lbs after my trip. The past 2 days I have been at 191.4. I walked extra in each airport and walked all over the city we visited too. I did make it into the gym twice as well. I did bring protein powder and used it to offset the terrible continental pastry-based breakfasts at the conference.

This week it is really getting dark earlier. I have a 10K Saturday morning.

10.11.16 - Definitely have a problem with lack of natural light. I don't want to do anything when it is pitch black out but sit on the couch and surf the internet. Even coming out of the gym after SPIN last night, I was apalled it was fully dark. And it was a gorgeous night out.

My weight is holding at #190.8 these past few days. Doing well recording everything in MFP. Had some success trying to not eat for 12 hours at a time. I think this approach might be a potential solution to my night grazing issues.

This past week was nuts so I really didn't make any work out rules. Monday I was not back from Canada in time for SPIN. Tuesday I did personal trainer session. But the rest of the week did not really pan out. Saturday I had a 10K race. So at least I had fresh legs on Saturday morning. I did not run with a timer or run tracker. I just decided to try for a 5:1 pattern and see how it went. And that worked well for me. 11:19 a mile. Serious PR. 1:09:45. A major record on my first cool fall day with a gently hilly course. The cutest thing about this is my son was ahead of me (of course), but I tend to come in pretty much right when I say I will. My 10K times have been 1:20 and 1:18. Well he went looking for me at the finish line and was ignoring his phone when I texted him I was stretching by the water bottles... Now I sort of want to find a half marathon to run so I can see if this time drop will carry across to a half. Because the Disney races we tend to stop for pics and I know that race is not really for speed - it is for fun. My next 10K is 10/23. Pleased as punch to update that time into my active account for RunDisney!

So this week my goals are:
Mon Spin done
Tues - Personal Trainer session
Wed - run am
Thurs - maybe gym but I am out of town
Fri am - run/ walk the city
Sat am- walk the city
Sun - run
Monday - maybe spin but not sure I am home in time.

Weight has been between 190.8 and 188.6.

I ran a 10K last Sunday and my time was 1:15:39. Pretty good. I ran the first split in 36 something, which would have been a really good 5K time.

Food is the usual issues with sweets.

Having a good week with exercise, but into the sweets at night.

Weight this am was #188.2. So a small loss though I've noticed more changes in my body and how my clothes fit in the last few weeks. My trainer told me my face looks a little different too. These are all very positive things to focus on.

Ran last night after work. Just nice and easy 3.4 miles. Tomorrow is 8 miles on the Galloway plan. I need to start early as it will be in the 80's here tomorrow.

I'd like to be at 178 by Xmas. So I am going to keep recording faithfully in MFP and try to make my diet more playful like trying IF, potato hack and all sorts of goofy things to try to kill the sweet tooth & focus on how food is energy more than emotional response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!