Spirit of Aloha

Salokin

Mouseketeer
Anyone been recently and any feedback to share? A few negative review on tripadviser but I always feel that’s mainly a platform for complaining rather than praise. We haven’t been for a while but are considering it in October so any and all thoughts welcome!

Anyone been recently and any feedback to share? A few negative review on tripadviser but I always feel that’s mainly a platform for complaining rather than praise. We haven’t been for a while but are considering it in October so any and all thoughts welcome!
I'm pretty sure the show hasn't changed in quite a long time, so you're memories of it are probably the best reviews to go by.

My family went back in August 2017 and personally found it to be the worst meal we've ever had at Disney World. The food was bad and the first half of the show was abysmal. The only thing we enjoyed was the part of the show where they showcased the traditional dancing from across the Polynesian islands. Not worth two credits on the DDP, nor would I expect it to be worth the money OOP.

My family went back in August 2017 and personally found it to be the worst meal we've ever had at Disney World. The food was bad and the first half of the show was abysmal. The only thing we enjoyed was the part of the show where they showcased the traditional dancing from across the Polynesian islands. Not worth two credits on the DDP, nor would I expect it to be worth the money OOP.

I would pretty much agree , overall the show was pretty horrendous , a VERY hokey dumbed down reflection of Hawaiian culture, I would say though if you are a drinker , and keep drinking from the first opportunity, and just go in with the right mindset that you will play along you can have a good time , food is edible but not much more than that

People are so uptight and picky. No it isn't the same luau you'll see in Hawaii but it's entertaining and my family loved the food. They give you so much there is no way to even eat it all. We would go again. Not every year but if it had been a few years or more we would consider it. Definitely give it a try once.

I have been there several times and always enjoyed it. No, it's not going to be the same as a luau one would experience in Hawaii but you could say that about lots of things. I think it's worth it but I also have a soft spot for it as it was one of the places we ate that I have memories of from my very first trip to Disney back in the early 90's.

I have been there several times and always enjoyed it. No, it's not going to be the same as a luau one would experience in Hawaii but you could say that about lots of things. I think it's worth it but I also have a soft spot for it as it was one of the places we ate that I have memories of from my very first trip to Disney back in the early 90's.

Totally I get this, like a lot of people so much of my Disney obsession is based on nostalgia! Heck during my break at lunch today I even went to John Lewis (shop in England) and had a complimentary lemon meringue pie and flat white whilst watching the recent illuminations stream, will really miss that show.

We’re so fortunate we get to go to wdw pretty much every two years but I end up pining for it so much between trips!

Thanks all so far for the feedback, it’s my mum who really wants to go, I’ll get it booked a how can I deny her that?!

We've been 3 times, last was July 2018. Its a pick of DH & he doesn't enjoy going to WDW much, so when he goes, we book his picks. He says the food isn't as good as it used to be (maybe 10 years ago). But, he keeps requesting it. We've used it as an anniversary dinner before.

I saw a kid dead asleep during it once & thought that was an awfully expensive nap! We do this on non-park days.

My fav part is exiting onto the Poly beach! I immediately shed my shoes & enjoy the lovely sand, a few places to sit, & view of MK. We also headed over to check out the over water villas we'll never be able to afford (looks are free).

We've been 3 times, last was July 2018. Its a pick of DH & he doesn't enjoy going to WDW much, so when he goes, we book his picks. He says the food isn't as food as it used to be (maybe 10 years ago). But, he keeps requesting it. We've used it as an anniversary dinner before.

I saw a kid dead asleep during it once & thought that was an awfully expensive nap! We do this on non-park days.

My fav part is exiting onto the Poly beach! I immediately shed my shoes & enjoy the lovely sand, a few places to sit, & view of MK. We also headed over to check out the over water villas we'll never be able to afford (looks are free).

We’re so lucky that part of our trip includes three nights at dvc gf so the thought of being able to walk there and back is an influence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter