Splash Mountain Refurbishment - 1/6/20-2/27/20

I'm so sad about this...2 months of downtime for 2 major attractions (although I know they are in 2 different parks). Making me regret our decision to travel in February vs April.

going marathon weekend with a group of childless millennials most of whom have never been before. sad i can't share my favorite ride with them.

I think it was October 2017 when we were there last and it was down for an extended refurb. At least we will get to ride it our Next visit in 4 weeks. I feel for those who won't get to ride it in January and February.

I'm so sad about this...2 months of downtime for 2 major attractions (although I know they are in 2 different parks). Making me regret our decision to travel in February vs April.
That is the trade-off to going during typically non busy times of the year. It has to happen though, and it's really the best time of year to do it as a result.

For Jan/2020 we have Splash Mountain down...Test Track down...
Just giving up of one day in Walt Disney and adding one more day at Universal´s Endless Hotel.
Big mistake of Disney close two of the bests rides at same time. Epcot in Jan.2020 will be with a lot of construction already that brings a lot of disadvantages for guests, and the company closes one of the best rides? What should I do in Epcot with a 4 years boy? Walking and breathing dust all day?!?

I take it he's like me when I was 4 and princesses are too girly:rotfl2:.

Might I recommend...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/attractions/epcot/agent-p-world-showcase-adventure/ (side note: rumor has it it could become a DuckTales adventure overlay instead of Perry the Platypus).

That is the trade-off to going during typically non busy times of the year. It has to happen though, and it's really the best time of year to do it as a result.
I agree it makes sense and they have to do it at some point. But this time period also includes President’s Day week and most of the week after the Princess Half (and Mardi Gras this year) which have moderate to heavy crowds. Maybe they will finish early. I’m crossing my fingers

Do they sometimes finish early? We will be there the last week of February and I was hoping to ride it on the 27th 😢
Fingers crossed for good luck and early opening!

Bummer. I somehow missed this. DD (4) has been dying to go on Splash. Since she was 2, she has loved standing on the bridge, watching log after log go over the drop, saying “I want to do that.”

I’ve been phasing in the rides she’s tall enough for - first 40” ride was Soarin’, next 2 were going to be BTMRR & Splash. I guess it’ll just be BTMRR now! Can’t even replace it with Test Track. Darn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter