split stay and dining plan ?

msec

Mouseketeer
We are considering doing a split stay for an upcoming trip but I am not sure how that would work with the dining plan.

We are thinking a value resort for 3 nights and deluxe for 4 nights - so a 7 night total stay. I know you need to have a package (room/tickets) to purchase the dining plan and I would have the tickets on the room for the first part of our stay - but I would like to purchase tickets for the whole 7 days we will be in disney on that reservations as it is cheaper than buying a 3 day ticket on first reservation and then a 4 day ticket on the 2nd reservation...

Is there anyway to purchase the dining plan for our whole trip if we do the slip stay but purchase tickets on the 1st reservation for our whole trip?

Thanks!

You would need to do the second stay as a "ticketless package."

You would be buying two dining plans. The credits for your first three nights would expire at midnight of your checkout date from the value resort. You would be unable to access any credits in the dining plan for the deluxe portion of your stay until 12:01AM the night you check in to that second portion, or until all of the credits from the Value portion of your stay are used (even snacks), and after 6AM the day of your check in at the deluxe.

To illustrate: If you were checking in TODAY (12/10) for 3 nights at a Value, then Wednesday for 4 nights at a Deluxe:
  • You would get 3TS and 3QS + 6 snacks per person starting today (standard DDP), plus a mug
  • All of this would need to be used by 11:59PM on Wednesday; anything leftover at that point would go poof.
  • On Wednesday, when you check out of the Value resort, you will have access to the DDP credits for the Deluxe stay at check in to that resort, IF all of the 3TS+3QS+6 snacks from the Value stay per person were gone.
    • Everything has to be gone -- you can't pull a TS from the deluxe stay at Wednesday lunch if there are still snacks on the Value plan
  • You would get a second mug on Wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!