Split stay. Fast pass booking window starts over

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
Did I miss this discussion? But basically I hear that you no longer have the same window for length of stay but that you have two Windows now... Kinda puts a damper on the split stay thing.... Thoughts?

It applies anytime there are two reservations. Even if they are at the same resort. How you pay for the reservation does not matter

Go check out this thread that corvettes posted. It’s very extensive and includes multiple accounts of folks that are experiencing this issue and what they been told by cast members.

Thank you. I have read the thread and its isn’t consistent. Some saying they can and others saying they cant. This is the same as the messages i am receiving from disney cm

We have done splits by design over most of our vacas not for the FP advantage, but because we enjoy experiencing different resorts. This came as a surprise to us as well.:sad2:

Sorry guys, only direct buyers can book FP+ 60 days out from first arrival for split stays. :duck:

Im totally confused. People on a well know uk site are booking 60 days plus for split stay.

Oh well. Will need to wait and see.....

I'd like to know ASAP. I have an 8 night resie...all at same resort and room type. Nights 2-7 were booked with June UY/membership at 11 month window. Then night 1 was added with Aug UY/membership (we have 2 memberships/UY). Recently night 8 came open so we grabbed it with Aug UY/membership. They will be all linked as same guests and same room type at same resort. Will we be able to book FP all at once as a continuous stay? I was thinking of modifying night 1 to be at the end (night 8 then) at a different resort and waitlisting it for currently booked resort (long story why but basically due to folks we are travelling with who have that night booked). I could, just so we don't have to move for 1 night, make those 2 stand alone (Aug UY) booking nights 7 and 8 at OKW or SSR (have BWV booked). Then we'd have 6 at BWV and 2 at, likely, SSR. But we then might not be able to book FP continuously. If we can't with linked at BWV either than it won't matter. BUt if we def can with linked but maybe can't with split...I'd want to keep as is. This is for Oct and SWGE will be open...though not taking FP anyway (is that definite?).

To simplify, this is what I need to know:

1) do we know if multiple linked resies at same resort can book FP as continuous stay? How sure are we of answer?
2) do we know if DVC split stays can book FP as continuous stay? How sure are we of answer?
3) do we know if SWGE will not take FP and, if so, for how long will that be (still in early Oct?)?

Thanks! And that other thread is a trainwreck to follow and get answers from. Lots of conflicting info.

Just thought I'd share what I learned yesterday. Not sure it's the right info but am inclined to think it is. I emailed DVC via the member site. I asked if we had a consecutive stay booked in 2 reservations, either same resort and room but different memberships or split stay at 2 resorts, could we still make FP on 60 days as a continuous stay or would it be two separate 60 day windows. I was told, in writing, that it is considered 1 continuous as long as consecutive days are booked (no missing days). That I will be able to make ALL FP at the first day's 60 day window. For a maximum of 14 days. I will keep this email. I have a 9 night stay booked in the fall with both types mentioned (1 night BWV Aug UY then 6 nights BWV Aug UY then 2 nights SSR). Take it for what it's worth as many folks are getting conflicting answers from DVC. But this was the e-mail person so I am hoping they might know more or took the time to find out the legit answer. But it did take 2 e-mails as she didn't understand what I was asking in the first e-mail....so....

Just thought I'd share what I learned yesterday. Not sure it's the right info but am inclined to think it is. I emailed DVC via the member site. I asked if we had a consecutive stay booked in 2 reservations, either same resort and room but different memberships or split stay at 2 resorts, could we still make FP on 60 days as a continuous stay or would it be two separate 60 day windows. I was told, in writing, that it is considered 1 continuous as long as consecutive days are booked (no missing days). That I will be able to make ALL FP at the first day's 60 day window. For a maximum of 14 days. I will keep this email. I have a 9 night stay booked in the fall with both types mentioned (1 night BWV Aug UY then 6 nights BWV Aug UY then 2 nights SSR). Take it for what it's worth as many folks are getting conflicting answers from DVC. But this was the e-mail person so I am hoping they might know more or took the time to find out the legit answer. But it did take 2 e-mails as she didn't understand what I was asking in the first e-mail....so....

That is definitely the way it used to be. (We all want that response to be correct)!

However, ever since the recent FP+ software change to address the "throwaway" room issue, not everyone's actual 60 day experience is matching the response you received. Before I believe the issues have been corrected, I want to hear from more people who have split stays coming up that their actual FP+ experience matches the response you received. IMO, there are still way too many reports of bad experiences to intentionally plan a split stay. YMMV.

That is definitely the way it used to be. (We all want that response to be correct)!

However, ever since the recent FP+ software change to address the "throwaway" room issue, not everyone's actual 60 day experience is matching the response you received. Before I believe the issues have been corrected, I want to hear from more people who have split stays coming up that their actual FP+ experience matches the response you received. IMO, there are still way too many reports of bad experiences to intentionally plan a split stay. YMMV.
I hope it's worked out by July when I book FP. But I have ADR issues with split stays sometimes...sometimes I don't. So I won't be banking on it working out.

I really don't want to do a split stay. I booked 6 nights at BWV in standard view 2BR back at 11 month window. I then mentioned to inlaws we booked. SIL owns AKV and SSR so she waited to book about 2 months later (not as necessary as standard view BWV). And she booked 9 days because their three 20-somethings may only be able to do a long weekend and they would have 2 options over the 9 days (either weekend). My DS-22 is going and hasn't been in like 5 years so I'd like him to go when cousins are there. He likely can't do all 9 days either. So I was trying to add nights to match and got 2 more at BWV but not that last night so we decided to make the last 2 at SSR. I was doubting a BWV 2BR standard waitlist for that last night (a Sat night) would come through and don't want to risk it. I could now wait list those last 2 nights but now DH, MIL and FIL want to stay at SSR. MIL and FIL will be in our 2BR too with DS22, DH and I.

I should be able to make FP at 60 days for all but the last day (as switch resorts day should be open to book, just the next day may not be open and the linked 1st night at BWV to the other 6 nights at BWV that should work but if not....I just wait a day).

Last edited:
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...it-stay-summer-staying-okw-polynesian-397498/

I posted a question on Mom panel and attached is the link to the answer.

Unfortunately it say each reservation has a 60 day window. It did also say that another member has had ‘pixie dust’ and been able to book for their entire stay.

Its super frustrating but i am planning as though we will have 4 different fp window for our 14 night stay.
Yeah I was told by MS that split stays are continuous for back to back DVC stays and that is all they could confirm (when I brought up the cash side they just that was different, whatever that means). It was already confirmed a cash stay (Yacht Club) wouldn't be considered as continuous. DVC is already treated differently for ADR than the cash so it might be possible.

We have had numerous reports (emails and chats) from MS confirming this should be the case and it's an IT bug; however, some reports (less than the positive) that DVC stays would be discontinuous. I personally have been told after about 6-7 calls/emails/chat on the issue that split stays at DVC properties are supposed to be continuous stays. Some, post change, were able to make the FP selections and others were not. However, some that were not called MS who said they could do it while IT fixed the issue.

I'm hoping that the issue is IT related and Mom's Panel is incorrect (likely answering from the lens of the Cash side of WDW) about DVC point stays and the way they are intended to work.

This is no fun for DVC. I am currently trying to piece together a stay in October. I would prefer to NOT have to do a split stay - and I have nights waitlisted, but as it sits now it will be a split due to availability.

Help! Have pending request through davids to rent points for next March, but we are planning a cash night at a moderate for arrival day. Am i reading correctly that we will be able to do fp for cash room for one night and have to go back in the next day for fp 60 day for the dvc points stay for the remaining 6 nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter