Split stay for 1 night, worth it?

princessesintraining

Mouseketeer
The majority of our trip isn’t booked at WL. I have free night at any Deluxe, which I booked at the Grand Floridian for our arrival day. We are rethinking that maybe we should try to get our free night moved to Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary because we are nervous about the switch. How easy is it to switch resorts? I know I could take a cab from the Grand to WL, but my crew will probably want to get up and get going to the parks. Thoughts.

The majority of our trip isn’t booked at WL. I have free night at any Deluxe, which I booked at the Grand Floridian for our arrival day. We are rethinking that maybe we should try to get our free night moved to Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary because we are nervous about the switch. How easy is it to switch resorts? I know I could take a cab from the Grand to WL, but my crew will probably want to get up and get going to the parks. Thoughts.
According to my travel agent, if you are staying at two Disney owned hotels, you take your luggage to Bell Services as you finish your first resort stay, and ask them to do a luggage transfer to your second resort. Then head into the parks, and your luggage will magically appear at resort #2. I hope this works because we are trying our first split stay later this year.

According to my travel agent, if you are staying at two Disney owned hotels, you take your luggage to Bell Services as you finish your first resort stay, and ask them to do a luggage transfer to your second resort. Then head into the parks, and your luggage will magically appear at resort #2. I hope this works because we are trying our first split stay later this year.
We were able to get Disney to upgrade from standard view to nature view at the Wilderness Lodge for our first night. My kids were worried about getting our luggage moved. I’m guessing they're saving money on our compted night by us staying at one of the cheaper deluxes.

We were able to get Disney to upgrade from standard view to nature view at the Wilderness Lodge for our first night. My kids were worried about getting our luggage moved. I’m guessing they're saving money on our compted night by us staying at one of the cheaper deluxes.
Sounds like a win-win for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!