Split stay / need member services?

mom2elle

Mouseketeer
We are new DVC owners. We booked our first trip for Aug22-29. We then decided we wanted to arrive one day earlier - Aug 21. Our home resort was not available so we waitlisted that night. Now we are approaching our 7 month window and have decided that we want to book a split stay (since I don’t want to have to worry about the waitlist coming through). Additionally, we want to now arrive even one day earlier - Aug 20. So, I was planning to do this on our 7mknth day - which is Jan 20 - when member services is closed :(
I need to do the following:
1. Cancel my wishlist
2. Adjust my current booking at my home resort (dropping two nights)
3. Book at the other resort - and in order to do this I will need to buy 4 OTUP.
Do I need to wait till Jan 21 to do this? Or is there anything I can do already now so I can book this on my own online on Jan 20?
Thanks!

1. Cancel your waitlist can be done on line
2. You can modify your home resort reservation on line as long as it is not a linked reservation (meaning it is already a split stay at the same resort, where you stays are linked so they know not to move you)
3. Last i know of you can not buy one time use points on line, so unless this has changed you need member services.

I would call MS right now. You may be able to book a reservation now that uses 1 time points, them modify it. Not sure if this can be done, I have only done 1 time points 2 times, and used them as it. If you can do this and worst case you have to buy a few extra to cover a weekend reservation then you can bank the extra that get freed up when you modify the 7 month reservation

Im not sure what happens to 1 time points if you cancel the reservation for which they were purchased.

You can do some of it online. Easiest is to cancel the waitlist. Then, on the 20th, I would book as many nights as you can with what is in your account before dropping the first few nights,

This way, you don’t end up with either of your choices. You can’t modify a reservation online and replace only some of it. It is all or none.

If you have enough to pick up at least a night or two, this way, when you call MS at 9 am, they can do the rest,

OTU points can’t be used online. If you book with them, and you want to modify, you still have to call.

Happy to report that I was able to make all needed changes this am with member services!! Now booked for a Poly/Riviera split stay :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts