Split Stay Problem

10 hour MINIMUM on split stay luggage delivery, regardless if you call them or not. After multiple multiple times, we now Uber over to new resort with luggage in hand. Then it's just the ridiculous wait for the room....

I've had a problem with Poly and getting bags OUT, not in. We had to split stay and were in our BCV room for hours and hours after Poly stay. No bags after asking twice (they hadn't arrived from Poly.) Beach Club manager bent over backwards with communication, located bags, delivered!

Wow!!! I’m surprised that more than one person has had to wait super long for bags! So sorry! I have definitely had that happen when DME delivered, but not with a split-stay transfer. I have found it interesting, though, that my bags almost never get to the new resort before 4 (it doesn’t matter if the room is ready early or not).

** Also, you never should need to call for a DME luggage delivery (if they ever resume that magical option again!), but you should always call for a transfer delivery. Not sure why it’s different, but you need to call.

Judging by the fact that the luggage came 15-30 minutes after calling... the luggage was already at BWV. Most likely someone put them in the wrong area, or they did not search the luggage storage area thoroughly enough. Those bags had to be at BWV. No way to get them from AKV in that short amount of time. IMO, lol!

We do split stays a lot. (Mostly BWV and AKV. Have done a few staying at GF and BLT too) We have always been told the luggage will not be delivered unless we call and are in the room.

November '20 we were immersed in a split stay between Kidani, the Dolphin, and Saratoga. We transferred bags from Kidani to the Dolphin. We decided to stop at BS around 4p to check on the bags and Dolphin BS told us they were not there but my husband said he thought he saw them when BS went thru the door to look. By the time we got to the room BS was on the phone to say they'd be right up. When we were moving from the Dolphin to Saratoga BS recommended we take our bags with us. So we got a taxi/town car out front and paid $20+tip to move to Saratoga. The Dolphin BS said the whole system was in a state. The Dolphin had just opened a few days prior to our check in. I do think if DH hadn't spotted the bags thru that door we would've been waiting longer.

Sorry your bags were delayed so much on transfer day, especially with a toddler. Our bags have arrived at our new resort by 6pm on transition days with split stays. But I have been on the receiving end of ridiculously slow, late night luggage delivery from the airport and it’s frustrating.

To reduce the chance for errors or delays on split stay transition days, I sometimes use Lyft or Uber to move the bags myself and leave them with bell services at the new resort until our room is ready. One adult can move the bags while the rest of the group heads to a park.
We always do this on split stays. It's easy and we have peace of mind that our bags will be there when we get back to the room. We always plan to go to the park closest to the new resort, so we don't waste too much time in travelling.

We always do this on split stays. It's easy and we have peace of mind that our bags will be there when we get back to the room. We always plan to go to the park closest to the new resort, so we don't waste too much time in travelling.
We also do this for split stays, I just like to handle my luggage myself.

Ack, so sorry you had to deal with this. I had to cobble together a seriously split stay for 5 days RIV > Poly > BWV, and luckily my bags were always at the resort by the time I got back for a park break (between 2 - 4). I had to call to get them brought over, though. I think that's always been our experience, per some PPs.

Hello Everyone
We finally did our first split stay AKL-Poly and my god what a nightmare. We left AKL on a Sunday and was told our bags will be in our room at 4pm. I figured that was wrong and asked again when we dropped our bags off at 10am @AKL and was told more like 6pm. We headed to Epcot with the idea to leave when i room was ready and see if our bags would be there, At 345 we got the text and headed over got to our room and no bags ! Called down stairs to see if they where there and i could pick them up they said they have not arrived yet. 6pm comes along and still no bag we are told Jambo House is very slow and are looking at an 8pm arrival. We head to Epcot to take advantage of the Monorail and figured at least our bags will be back after the fire works. WRONG !!! WE get into our room at 1015 PM and our bags are still not there ! For me to get mad about something im telling you it takes a lot , We have a 2 year old and needed his things for his bath change of clothes and what not. I call downstairs and they have no idea why our bags have not arrived and will have them up in 15 minutes. I tell my wife if they are not up here by 1030PM im heading down there , 1030 comes along and still no bags ! I decided not to go down there bc i do not want to make a seen but im really upset at this point and i call again. Lady downstairs apologies again and personally guarantees my bags will be there in 15 minutes, Finally 1045pm our bags are in our room !!!! almost 13 hrs since we dropped them off for a simple split stay !!! Has anyone else had that problem?
I don't know of many who haven't. Like an airport, bags get lost misplaced etc. on the rare occasion we do this, I take a small carryon with me on the bus or whatever and take it to the next resort myself.
I also call bell services at first place and tell them to please pull my bags asap and get them to second resort. Then I call 2nd resort, give them my info, and explain if our bags are not in our room in a timely manner, my next call will be to management. LOL. I had a cast member tell me to do this, as it's a very common occurrence that no one was addressing.

I have had the same experience.
Same here. I've been fortunate on split stays and luggage delivery. Only ONE time in over 20 split stays has my luggage not arrived by 4:00. And when it didn't arrive by 6:00, they were nice enough to drive over to the first resort get it. Come to think of it, that was the only time that I transferred from a DVC resort to a non-DVC resort.

We've had problems with this sometimes- and the worst was from AKLJ to Poly DVC. Same late night delivery which was a problem becasue we wanted to shower/change and get to the Hoop. Now on transfer day we either have someone bring luggage over to the new resort, or plan to end our day with the pool at the new resort so we can wait there if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts