Split stay/room credit/dining plan questions

mamamelody2

DIS Veteran
We are staying at POP Century 8/29-9/7 with the QSDP. We added a night at AoA for 8/28 as POP wasn't available. However, it just became available so we changed the AoA room only night to POP which resulted in a credit of $51. I paid with a gift card. I thought it would credit that back to the gift card, but it says the credit will be "applied to our hotel account." I assume that would be used for anything we charged back to the room. However, we won't be charging anything. We arrive at after midnight 8/28 (so actually early 8/29) so will get to our room 1 or 2 AM, sleep in, then check out and check in to our package stay. What will happen with that money? Issued as an e-gift card or something?

Also, do we have to do something to let them know we would like to stay in the same room?

Lastly, do we have to go to the desk to actually check out from the first stay and check in to the next stay to make sure our dining plan is activated? We plan to sleep in and wouldn't get to the desk until 10 or 11.

When you arrive, you need to let a front desk CM know that you would like to stay in the same room. They may not know until the next day if this is possible. I would go to the desk as soon as you can the next day to see if your request is granted. If not, you will have to leave your first room by 11 am, store your bags at bell services and wait for your new room to be ready. If you do not spend the credit attached to your room, it will be refunded to your original form of payment soon after checkout.

This is one of the rare ways that you will have a credit "on your magic band". We had it once for WL and used it to pay for food, but stopped when we reached our limit (maybe went a couple bucks over and it charged our card). But if you don't use it in its entirety, or at all, then your gift card will have the credit after you leave as pp said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter