Split stay scenarios and advice/thoughts?

BaybeeYoda

Mouseketeer
Split stay question— been wracking my brain to figure out the best configuration for our 15 night stay in June. We are definite about staying at beach club studio our last three days, but trying to decide btwn a few scenarios. Wondering if ppl can provide input for pros/cons?

2 adults, 1 tween, 1 9yr old child (4 ppl):

Scenario 1: 5 nights BWVV studio, 5 nights poly studio, 3 nights Bwv 2bd, 3 nights bcv studio. So 5/5/3/3

Scenario 2– add one bwv night (6 nights bwv studio) and decrease one poly studio (4 nights poly studio). So 6/4/3/3

Scenario 3- drop 2bd boardwalk and just stay in studios. 7 nights bwv studio/5 nights poly/3 nights bcv (7/5/3)

Any thoughts? We usually stay in a 1bd for a few nights for the laundry but booked a 2bd bwv std and wonder if we are going overboard. We have enough points. We just don’t really “need” all that room yet, but was thinking it would be nice to have the laundry and the space after 10 nights in a studio. My older son requires his own bed but my 9yr old sleeps with daddy and/or I, so we don’t need all the beds in a 2bd but it might be nice. Also worried that we might be moving too much. Any advice much appreciated!!!

I’m probably not the best one to comment on this, because DH and I don’t like studios and don’t like split stays. However, when points are tight we’ve done both. We prefer to move from a smaller place to a larger one, i.e., we’d stay in a studio first and then move to a 1BR (yes, for just the two of us!). We also like to go home with mostly clean clothes in our suitcases, as opposed to all dirty ones. And finally, we bought into DVC when our kids were roughly the same age as yours are now, in large part because we didn’t enjoy cramming all four of us into a single hotel room (same as a studio) any more.

IOW, I would recommend having your studio nights at the beginning of your visit and finishing up with 1/2BR nights.

That is way more moving than I'd want to do. I'm not the biggest fan of split stays, but as you are going to be there for 15 nights it makes sense to switch things up at some point. Personally I'd pick two resorts and leave it at that, but that's just me. I also agree with CarolynFH that you should end with the nicest room so you don't feel as if you are downgrading in the middle of your trip.

June 2024 or 2025? If 2024, have you checked availability?
I already have the rooms booked. I had booked extra rooms/resorts for family but of course they are now possibly backing out so we have all these possible configurations. We don’t mind moving as long as we stay at least 3 nights.

My other option is 7 nights boardwalk/5 nights poly/3 nights beach club— all studios. The 2bd was for my brother/mom and they were going to stay blt/bwv but looks like it’s not going to happen now. Sigh. I’ll be rolling over/banking about 300 points or more with these three scenarios. I expect we will require 2bds in a few years when both kids hit their teens.

I already have the rooms booked. I had booked extra rooms/resorts for family but of course they are now possibly backing out so we have all these possible configurations. We don’t mind moving as long as we stay at least 3 nights.

My other option is 7 nights boardwalk/5 nights poly/3 nights beach club— all studios. The 2bd was for my brother/mom and they were going to stay blt/bwv but looks like it’s not going to happen now. Sigh. I’ll be rolling over/banking about 300 points or more with these three scenarios. I expect we will require 2bds in a few years when both kids hit their teens.
Im guessing you’re going to need to do laundry once or twice. The 3 nights in a BWV 2-bedroom villa gives you a chance to do that more conveniently than if you were just in a Studio. It also gives you a chance to stretch out.

But it's a lot of points.

You mentioned:

Scenario 1: 5 nights BWV studio, 5 nights poly studio, 3 nights Bwv 2bd, 3 nights bcv studio. So 5/5/3/3​

Since you already are spending 5 nights in a BWV Studio at the start of the trip, why not try something different and switch the BWV 2BR to a one-bedroom somewhere else? There are lots of one-bedrooms available in June.

Switching to a one-bedroom at another DVC resort:
  • saves you points,
  • gives you two rooms to stretch out into,
  • gives you a washer and dryer,
  • let's you try another resort.

Im guessing you’re going to need to do laundry once or twice. The 3 nights in a BWV 2-bedroom villa gives you a chance to do that more conveniently than if you were just in a Studio. It also gives you a chance to stretch out.

But it's a lot of points.

You mentioned:

Scenario 1: 5 nights BWV studio, 5 nights poly studio, 3 nights Bwv 2bd, 3 nights bcv studio. So 5/5/3/3​

Since you already are spending 5 nights in a BWV Studio at the start of the trip, why not try something different and switch the BWV 2BR to a one-bedroom somewhere else? There are lots of one-bedrooms available in June.

Switching to a one-bedroom at another DVC resort:
  • saves you points,
  • gives you two rooms to stretch out into,
  • gives you a washer and dryer,
  • let's you try another resort.
I was going to suggest something similar. I would Bet that the points spent on the 2 bedroom at BWV and the studio at BCV would be enough for 6 nights in a 1 bed at AKV, SSR or OKW. That would be one less move 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter