Split Stay with DDP

jeremy1002

Rope Dropper
If you have DDP at the first resort, do you have to use your credits before checking into the second resort or can you still use them that whole transition day even after checkin at the second?

Thanks.

Dining credits will still be valid on the entire transition day.

If you have a dining plan on the second reservation, too, then you have to use all credits from the first plan before you can start using credits from the second plan.

I know this has been discussed over and over, but online check-in is throwing me a bit.

So we go to Disney all the time, but rarely do the dining plan. This time we have a 3-way split between BLT/GF/AKL. We spend two nights at BLT, 4 nights at GF on the DxDDP and 2 nights at AKL on the DDP. I've already done online check-in for all 3 resorts and now I am concerned.

I know the credits from our DxDDP expire at midnight on our Friday. But we were planning to use 36 of these credits on that day, 18 for Boathouse lunch and 18 for Jiko. The Jiko credits will be used AFTER we have already physically checked into our AKL room.

My question is this: Since we did online checkin at AKL (our final hotel), will that affect our ability to use the DxDDP credits from our GF plan on the final day? Or will it still work as people have said: we use up all the DxDDP credits by midnight before the DDP credits kick in? Will it matter that we are using some of the DxDDP credits after getting into our room at AKL? Or do we need to use those before we arrive?

I'm so concerned we are going to lose 36 TS credits because I did the online check-in and won't physically be checking into AKL. And since we only have the regular DDP for the AKL reservation, I don't wanna use all of our TS credits on one dinner. Thanks in advance. I've gotta stop reading the Disney Moms Panel, because it's always wrong. Why would having two sets ofMagic Bands matter? They are linked to MDE, not any specific reservation...so stupid.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 2.46.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 2.54.54 PM.png

Last edited:
I know this has been discussed over and over, but online check-in is throwing me a bit.

So we go to Disney all the time, but rarely do the dining plan. This time we have a 3-way split between BLT/GF/AKL. We spend two nights at BLT, 4 nights at GF on the DxDDP and 2 nights at AKL on the DDP. I've already done online check-in for all 3 resorts and now I am concerned.

I know the credits from our DxDDP expire at midnight on our Friday. But we were planning to use 36 of these credits on that day, 18 for Boathouse lunch and 18 for Jiko. The Jiko credits will be used AFTER we have already physically checked into our AKL room.

My question is this: Since we did online checkin at AKL (our final hotel), will that affect our ability to use the DxDDP credits from our GF plan on the final day? Or will it still work as people have said: we use up all the DxDDP credits by midnight before the DDP credits kick in? Will it matter that we are using some of the DxDDP credits after getting into our room at AKL? Or do we need to use those before we arrive?

I'm so concerned we are going to lose 36 TS credits because I did the online check-in and won't physically be checking into AKL. And since we only have the regular DDP for the AKL reservation, I don't wanna use all of our TS credits on one dinner. Thanks in advance. I've gotta stop reading the Disney Moms Panel, because it's always wrong. Why would having two sets ofMagic Bands matter? They are linked to MDE, not any specific reservation...so stupid.
Ignore the mom's panel; that's some terrible advice and complete misunderstanding of how the systems work.

Do you have a dining plan on your BLT reservation? Be aware that you'll need to use every single entitlement (including snack credits) from your GF stay before you can use any credit from your AKL reservation. In other works, you will NOT be able to use a QS credit from the AKL plan before your Jiko reservation. This is a a rare situation where you have a split stay with different dining plans.

The system is smart enough, however, to use up your credits even after you check into the next resort. And the next plan's credits will be available immediately afterwards.

Ignore the mom's panel; that's some terrible advice and complete misunderstanding of how the systems work.

Do you have a dining plan on your BLT reservation? Be aware that you'll need to use every single entitlement (including snack credits) from your GF stay before you can use any credit from your AKL reservation. In other works, you will NOT be able to use a QS credit from the AKL plan before your Jiko reservation. This is a a rare situation where you have a split stay with different dining plans.

The system is smart enough, however, to use up your credits even after you check into the next resort. And the next plan's credits will be available immediately afterwards.

This is what I thought. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

No dining plan at BLT. And no need to use any of the DDP entitlements from AKL on that Friday. We will still be using the DxDDP entitlements for lunch at the Boathouse and dinner at Jiko.

Then we will have 2 QS and 2 TS each for Saturday and Sunday checkout day. We plan to use them at Boma breakfast (TS), Mara lunch (QS), Yak and Yeti dinner (TS), and Mara breakfast (QS) on checkout day. So we should be good then.

Thank you!!!

Hi,
We have a split stay at AKL and BLT and have purchased the regular dinning plan for both. I want to be sure I am going to have enough TS credits for both stays.

AKL
6/2 Boma
6/3 Tusker House
6/4 Sanaa
6/5 Yak & Yeti
6/6 Beaches and Cream - pay OOP for kitchen sink

BLT
6/7 Crystal Palace - this is our check out/check in date

6/8 Via Napoli
6/9 Cindy's Royal Table (2TS)
6/10 Whispering Canyon
6/11 Minnie's Dine at HS
6/12 Chef Mickey's
6/13 Teppan Edo
6/14 BoG

Am I correct in my TS calculations? The only thing I want to pay OOP for is Beaches & Cream.

Am I also correct that as long as all of my DP credits for the AKL stay are used, I can proceed with the credits from the BLT stay?
And that I still have the entire day of 6/7 to use them up?

Thanks!

Then, yes, your calculations are correct. Have fun!

Thanks!

Just one more Q about my check in/check out day......

Our CP ADR is at noon, and we were hoping to check in and drop off our stuff at BLT early before heading to MK. Does checking in automatically 'activate' the 2nd DP? Or will it automatically start after all the credits from the first are used?

Sorry, for the dumb questions, I just don't want to lose TS credits or get nailed w an OOP charge.

Our CP ADR is at noon, and we were hoping to check in and drop off our stuff at BLT early before heading to MK. Does checking in automatically 'activate' the 2nd DP? Or will it automatically start after all the credits from the first are used?

According to what's been reported here, you HAVE to use all the credits from the first stay before the others will even be available, so you should be fine. For peace of mind, I would probably get a print out from the first stay of the number of credits remaining just so I had a paper trail in case something does happen.

According to what's been reported here, you HAVE to use all the credits from the first stay before the others will even be available, so you should be fine. For peace of mind, I would probably get a print out from the first stay of the number of credits remaining just so I had a paper trail in case something does happen.

Good idea, I will get a printout when I check out Of AKL.

Many thanks!

We also have a split stay (2 nights cash @ Beach Club then 5 nights on DVC points @ BWVs.) If we buy the QS plan for the 2 nights stay, can we hold the credits and use them when we go to F&W even if it's 2-4 days AFTER we've checked out of the Beach Club?

I guess, in other words, how long after check-out before they expire?

We also have a split stay (2 nights cash @ Beach Club then 5 nights on DVC points @ BWVs.) If we buy the QS plan for the 2 nights stay, can we hold the credits and use them when we go to F&W even if it's 2-4 days AFTER we've checked out of the Beach Club?

I guess, in other words, how long after check-out before they expire?
Dining credits expire at 11:59 PM on your check out day from the Beach Club so you won't be able to use them at the F&W a few days later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!