Spring Break 2024 / 5 adults + 2 kids

Quick Life Update - I've been a little quiet here after getting sick with Covid. I've had difficulty reading/concentrating. This is my second time getting it (last time I picked it up at Disney), and it's been worse this time around. I'm just thankful I got sick far enough in advance of our trip that (fingers crossed) it shouldn't impact our travel plans, and my family is just fine and testing negative. The CDC just updated guidelines today to drop the 5-day isolation guidance! I'm isolating longer than that to be safe. My only concern is that I still have shortness of breath when I walk at all (or sometimes when I'm just talking), and I'm getting nervous about whether I'll be back to 100% normal for all the walking we'll need to do on our trip.
Ugh Covid def seems to be making the rounds! Glad you are starting to feel better! When I had covid, I was fully recovered and Andy and I had started to set up our outdoor patio furniture and I felt like my chest was literally going to explode! Between the physical activity and the heat. It was horrible!!!

You are a seasoned enough of a visitor to know where you can go to relax if it becomes too much. And you guys go hard! Just have alternate plans to rest more. As a now seasoned back to the resort to rest person, it's not so bad.

But get better!!
Kali River Rapids - we never want to get wet... but might be fun to ride one of these days!
If you can ride at the end of the day, it might not be too bad.... I might bring flip flops with me that day to put on if we ride. Or my girls are old enough to go by themselves. Maybe I will just get a drink while they do that.

The Boneyard (break for the parents / fun time to run around for the kids)
Man, I am glad we are past the playground phase. I would get so stressed trying to keep track of them in those places. The girls still talk about the Honey I shrunk the kids play area.

Ugh Covid def seems to be making the rounds! Glad you are starting to feel better! When I had covid, I was fully recovered and Andy and I had started to set up our outdoor patio furniture and I felt like my chest was literally going to explode! Between the physical activity and the heat. It was horrible!!!

You are a seasoned enough of a visitor to know where you can go to relax if it becomes too much. And you guys go hard! Just have alternate plans to rest more. As a now seasoned back to the resort to rest person, it's not so bad.

But get better!!
Thank you! That's what I'm worried about, how long the respiratory symptoms can hang around. I'm hoping it won't be too hot while we're on the trip! But I know you're right, we (or at least I) will adjust as needed.
If you can ride at the end of the day, it might not be too bad.... I might bring flip flops with me that day to put on if we ride. Or my girls are old enough to go by themselves. Maybe I will just get a drink while they do that.
I thought about packing flip flops and rain gear, but it can be so much to carry! Did your girls like the ride when they were younger?
Man, I am glad we are past the playground phase. I would get so stressed trying to keep track of them in those places. The girls still talk about the Honey I shrunk the kids play area.
I know! I still remember the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area from when I was little, it was so fun! I know we'll be out of this stage soon, but the girls still love a good playground these days. This was me in the 90s on the old playground there...
Honey I Shrunk the Kids.jpeg

Day Eight – Magic Kingdom (?)

This is the only day I am not making any real plans! Since we no longer need to make park reservations, we can play by ear which park we want to go to. We have one-park-per-day passes so we can only pick one (though this is the only day I wish we had park hoppers for so we could bounce to 2 parks if there were things we missed on prior days), but I'm almost positive we will want a 2nd day at Magic Kingdom. But we agreed we would see how the group is feeling the night before, and if we're feeling strongly about going to a different park, we can.

7am LL: TBD; we'll decide what our highest priority is the night before, but most likely going to be Peter Pan

ILL: Also TBD; if we go to MK we can decide if we want to ride Tron again, if we change our mind and want to grab one for 7DMT

Rope Drop Plans: Since this is the last day of our trip, I will be shocked if we decide to rope drop. It's more likely that we'll want to sleep in a little

Lunch: Also TBD. If we go back to MK the QS options aren't great. Cosmic Ray's again maybe?

Dinner: Artist Point - Story Book Dining with Snow White. This will be a great way to end our trip! It will be most convenient if we're coming from MK (we can take the boat over).

Must Dos: Anything we missed our first day or want to ride again!

It's not like me to go in without a real plan, but I do plan to utilize TouringPlans for whichever park we end up in. I can throw in the time we're starting and whatever our top priorities end up being to build a plan the night before.

Our plan for the next morning is to grab breakfast at the resort and Uber to the airport. We are debating; how early do you think we'll need to leave? We were planning to take an Uber a little over 3 hours before our flight takes off, but I'm getting nervous reading about Spring Break crowds at the Orlando airport last year and wondering if we need to go even earlier.

I enjoyed your pre-trip report! My planning process is similar to yours. Must do's, maybes, possibly drop these and skipping these...it's neat to see how we can create trip that fit our families needs and preferences. Some thoughts...

The Gideon's line is brutal, imo. Perhaps on your sleep-in/pool day an adult or two could head to Disney Springs first thing and pick up goodies for the whole crew? I find the morning line, close to opening much easier.

We're also on the dining plan. We've had great experiences on DDP in the past and have actually missed it on our last few trips. Some snack credit ideas: Mini Mickey cakes at Amorette's in Disney Springs. A pack of four cookies from the Riviera QS, which is one of my favorite Resort QS locations. Blue or Green milk in SWGE. Milkshake from D-Luxe in DS.

AoA seems to have some pretty good activities according to the guide posted here https://www.magicalresortguide.com/art-of-animation-homepage. Depending on which day of the week is your rest day, the girls could make a craft, the dye, or join the dance class.

I'm to a fan of the MK QS locations for reasons you mentioned. Menus have changed and my favs are no more. We're going to to Contempo Cafe instead. I know there's lost time for walking so far, but I also know we will enjoy our meal so much more. Plus optional monorail joyride loop after we eat.

I thought about packing flip flops and rain gear, but it can be so much to carry! Did your girls like the ride when they were younger?
They still do... And it has become the ride they want to do by themselves... I don't know why that is the one...

It is alot, I try to not carry to much anymore... Not having a stroller means back pack city... And it's alot.

I'm curious if it will let me use 5 QS credits for one order or if we'll have to split up orders to use extra credits.

I think they used to be more flexible, but from what I’ve read you’ll be limited to the number of people you have credits for (four per order). I also don’t know if they’ll be as flexible about ordering more than two adult meals at a time - it seems they’re more particular about making sure you order kids meals with kids credits? I’m sure you can make something work out!

I'd probably lean toward the MK EEH because it's included for you and MK would be so fun with lower crowds spread across more rides. I would also love to ride Space Mountain or BTM on repeat!

Thank you for your feedback! I think that’s the way I’m leaning, but the pull of Tower of Terror and spending time in Galaxy’s Edge at night is STRONG. :laughing:

Quick Life Update - I've been a little quiet here after getting sick with Covid.

I’m so sorry to hear this! The illness itself is no picnic but the lasting effects are the biggest bummer. I hope you’re able to rest up as much as possible so your body recovers in time for your trip. So many healthy vibes your way! :goodvibes

I am thrilled to hear your family has stayed healthy. My husband caught COVID back in January and my girls and I didn’t catch it - this was 100% due to his diligence of staying isolated for five days (in our guest bedroom/bathroom) and then masking for an additional five days. I don’t know that I could’ve done that as well as he did - isolation and nearly round-the-clock masking (he had to mask up at work too as he’s in healthcare) is tough!

ILL: Flight of Passage - for me, Pat and our moms. I don't think either girl will ride this one, and my dad definitely won't.

My older daughter would LOVE to ride Flights of Passage - she’s just very petite and is about a half an inch too short. I’ve never seen the girl eat so much food as I have since I told her the more protein she eats the more likely she’ll be tall enough. :laughing: I know it’s not a guarantee, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility to grow a half an inch in a few months when you’re five. Fingers crossed!

I'm okay with skipping Dinosaur, but might get talked into it.
I will not be talked into It's Tough to Be a Bug - but my dad will recruit whoever he can to ride with him!

Would you believe that my daughter is VERY excited about both of these attractions?! She’s quite reluctant about Haunted Mansion (but willing to try it once) and will absolutely not consider BTMRR, but she is PUMPED to ride Dinosaur. :confused3 She’s also excited about ITTBAB as we’ve watched the attraction and I’ve told her about all the surprises - she’s very excited to see her dad jump when the “bugs” leave the theatre first. :rotfl:

This is the only day I am not making any real plans! Since we no longer need to make park reservations, we can play by ear which park we want to go to.

How nice to have a flexible day! I think MK is the way to go (so many attractions!) but you can’t go wrong with any park.

inner: Artist Point - Story Book Dining with Snow White. This will be a great way to end our trip! It will be most convenient if we're coming from MK (we can take the boat over).

That will be a great way to end your trip! MK is definitely the best way to get there - such a lovely boat ride!

We are debating; how early do you think we'll need to leave? We were planning to take an Uber a little over 3 hours before our flight takes off, but I'm getting nervous reading about Spring Break crowds at the Orlando airport last year and wondering if we need to go even earlier.

Do you have TSA Pre-Check? If you do, I think three hours (or even 2.5) should be fine. If not, I’d maybe give yourself a bit more time as security lines at MCO are nuts even when it’s not a busy time. (Also, if you don’t have Pre-Check I HIGHLY recommend it - your girls get it automatically until age 13 if they’re on your reservation so you’d only need it for you and Pat. Also, many credit cards will reimburse the fee!)

Jumping in here as I’m enjoying the trip planning with little kids! Been a looooong time since we’ve had that (unless grandkids count lol). My youngest is 17, and we are going over spring break to see his sister who is doing a DCP this spring.
Anyhoo-for those without TSA precheck MCO has a program called MCO Reserve. You sign for a time to get through security and shortens the time by a lot. My daughter (DCP one lives in FL as she goes to UCF) has used it for holiday travel home and she zips through.

I enjoyed your pre-trip report! My planning process is similar to yours. Must do's, maybes, possibly drop these and skipping these...it's neat to see how we can create trip that fit our families needs and preferences. Some thoughts...
Thank you! I love going in with a plan, knowing what we'll be most disappointed if we miss, and then being as flexible as I can be because I've learned by now that we're never able to stick to a plan exactly.
The Gideon's line is brutal, imo. Perhaps on your sleep-in/pool day an adult or two could head to Disney Springs first thing and pick up goodies for the whole crew? I find the morning line, close to opening much easier.
That is a good idea! If the VQ isn't running our DS evening, we could go back on our rest day.
We're also on the dining plan. We've had great experiences on DDP in the past and have actually missed it on our last few trips. Some snack credit ideas: Mini Mickey cakes at Amorette's in Disney Springs. A pack of four cookies from the Riviera QS, which is one of my favorite Resort QS locations. Blue or Green milk in SWGE. Milkshake from D-Luxe in DS.
Thank you! It's been so fun to think about options for those snack credits. My youngest (now DD7) even wrote a page at school about how she will get one snack at Disney per day, anything she wants, and will share with her mom 🤣 I think the kids are just as excited!
AoA seems to have some pretty good activities according to the guide posted here https://www.magicalresortguide.com/art-of-animation-homepage. Depending on which day of the week is your rest day, the girls could make a craft, the dye, or join the dance class.
Yes! I've been looking at which activities might fit into our schedule, the girls would love the crafts.
I'm to a fan of the MK QS locations for reasons you mentioned. Menus have changed and my favs are no more. We're going to to Contempo Cafe instead. I know there's lost time for walking so far, but I also know we will enjoy our meal so much more. Plus optional monorail joyride loop after we eat.
I'm now thinking I might try to convince my family to go to the Grand Floridian for lunch. I would love to see the Easter eggs and the food options look much better. We will see how we're feeling and if they're willing to leave the park.
It is alot, I try to not carry to much anymore... Not having a stroller means back pack city... And it's alot.
So I was silly and bought my first (used) Loungefly for this trip. It's so cute! My MIL offered to carry her larger backpack so I thought I could make the Loungefly work. But then we started thinking about how much we'll need to carry for the 5 of us (my mom will carry her own bag for her and my dad) - sweatshirt layer for mornings/evenings, rain ponchos, autograph books, pins, sunblock, portable charger, activity books for girls for lines/meals, what else am I missing? And realized 5 sweatshirts + 5 rain ponchos alone probably won't fit in 1 backpack + 1 Loungefly. So now I'm thinking I might need to carry a full size backpack too to fit it all in.
I think they used to be more flexible, but from what I’ve read you’ll be limited to the number of people you have credits for (four per order). I also don’t know if they’ll be as flexible about ordering more than two adult meals at a time - it seems they’re more particular about making sure you order kids meals with kids credits? I’m sure you can make something work out!
That would be a bummer! The way it works, you could need to use 8 QS credits in 1 day at times (or more toward the end of the trip), so I'm hoping the system is pretty flexible, but I can't find details on how that would work. If we have to break into different orders that wouldn't be so bad, I just hope there isn't a minimum wait time between using the credits.
Thank you for your feedback! I think that’s the way I’m leaning, but the pull of Tower of Terror and spending time in Galaxy’s Edge at night is STRONG. :laughing:
There is no bad option there 🤣 I wish you could do both!
I’m so sorry to hear this! The illness itself is no picnic but the lasting effects are the biggest bummer. I hope you’re able to rest up as much as possible so your body recovers in time for your trip. So many healthy vibes your way! :goodvibes

I am thrilled to hear your family has stayed healthy. My husband caught COVID back in January and my girls and I didn’t catch it - this was 100% due to his diligence of staying isolated for five days (in our guest bedroom/bathroom) and then masking for an additional five days. I don’t know that I could’ve done that as well as he did - isolation and nearly round-the-clock masking (he had to mask up at work too as he’s in healthcare) is tough!
I'm a little nervous about work this week, I don't think I will get much rest leading up to vacation (and now I'm catching up after taking 2 days off last week) 😭 But will see how I'm doing. I spend most of my days talking (I'm HR) and I can't talk much right now without getting winded, so this will be interesting. Covid is so weird. I thought I had a normal head cold until my symptoms were getting worse, not better and I tested on Day 4. I kept my distance from my family while I was sick (especially since my parents were visiting and they are over 65) but I didn't start wearing a mask until I realized it was Covid. I can't believe no one else has caught it!
Would you believe that my daughter is VERY excited about both of these attractions?! She’s quite reluctant about Haunted Mansion (but willing to try it once) and will absolutely not consider BTMRR, but she is PUMPED to ride Dinosaur. :confused3 She’s also excited about ITTBAB as we’ve watched the attraction and I’ve told her about all the surprises - she’s very excited to see her dad jump when the “bugs” leave the theatre first. :rotfl:
Your daughter is braver than I am!! I think Bug's Life is the scariest ride at Disney.
Do you have TSA Pre-Check? If you do, I think three hours (or even 2.5) should be fine. If not, I’d maybe give yourself a bit more time as security lines at MCO are nuts even when it’s not a busy time. (Also, if you don’t have Pre-Check I HIGHLY recommend it - your girls get it automatically until age 13 if they’re on your reservation so you’d only need it for you and Pat. Also, many credit cards will reimburse the fee!)
We do not, and we were just talking about that. We're kicking ourselves for not getting it back when we lived near an airport. If I wasn't sick this weekend, it might have even made sense to make a road trip to an airport just for that! We may need to leave even earlier to make sure we have a full 3 hours at the airport before our flight departs.

Jumping in here as I’m enjoying the trip planning with little kids! Been a looooong time since we’ve had that (unless grandkids count lol). My youngest is 17, and we are going over spring break to see his sister who is doing a DCP this spring.
Anyhoo-for those without TSA precheck MCO has a program called MCO Reserve. You sign for a time to get through security and shortens the time by a lot. My daughter (DCP one lives in FL as she goes to UCF) has used it for holiday travel home and she zips through.
Oh this is timely, thank you!! I hadn't even heard of that, will look into that now. Thank you!!

7am LL: Living with the Land. I know this might be a terrible strategy, but we’re hoping to ride Remy & Frozen at rope drop, get coffee/breakfast at either the Norway bakery or Starbucks, and then hopefully we’ll have an early morning LL for Living with the Land so we can book another LL after tapping in. Where should we grab breakfast if we’re going from Frozen Ever After to Living with the Land?
I know this is from a few posts back. I wonder if you should consider booking Frozen for your 7am. Still try to RD Remy’s and Frozen, and if you’re successful, modify to LwtL. That way, in case the lines are crazy, you have an alternative (or in my case, one of the rides isn’t open). I feel like LwtL should be easy to modify to at a near time, whereas you won’t be able to go the other way.

LL Priorities: FEA (so we can ride twice), Soarin’, Spaceship Earth
Should’ve kept reading! I’d definitely do FEA for your 7am if you’re hoping to ride twice. I think you can still likely have a low wait for LwtL if it’s your third ride but I know you’d like to get breakfast also.
I've been a little quiet here after getting sick with Covid. I've had difficulty reading/concentrating. This is my second time getting it (last time I picked it up at Disney), and it's been worse this time around. I'm just thankful I got sick far enough in advance of our trip that (fingers crossed) it shouldn't impact our travel plans, and my family is just fine and testing negative.
Sorry to hear about sickness! May you recover quickly. The best part is not needing to worry about picking up Covid on this upcoming trip.

I know this is from a few posts back. I wonder if you should consider booking Frozen for your 7am. Still try to RD Remy’s and Frozen, and if you’re successful, modify to LwtL. That way, in case the lines are crazy, you have an alternative (or in my case, one of the rides isn’t open). I feel like LwtL should be easy to modify to at a near time, whereas you won’t be able to go the other way.
Yes! Someone else suggested the same, that is what we will do. I'll go ahead and book Frozen at 7am just to be safe and if we get right on, I can hopefully swap to a "now" LL for LWTL or anything else we want to ride. But that way if something goes sideways and we don't want to wait in the Frozen line because it's too long, we'll have the LL ready to go. It's just a lot of walking to go back and forth between the front of the park rides and Norway, so I'm really hoping we can knock it out early (or else line it up for later in the afternoon).
Sorry to hear about sickness! May you recover quickly. The best part is not needing to worry about picking up Covid on this upcoming trip.
Thank you! Yes, that is some silver lining. I'm still worried about the rest of the family getting it, or all the other bugs floating out there right now.

I might need you to report back to me on how this goes for you! I am leaning towards France of breakfast for us.
Remy + Frozen did not work out for us this trip! We were in the park by 7:48am for 8:30am early entry and didn’t have a huge line in front of us, though a lot of people ran past when the rope dropped. We were on Remy at 8:35am, stopped at bathrooms on our way to Norway, got there at 9:02am and the line was already posted at 50 min. It probably wouldn’t have taken quite that long but the line was wrapped around outside and I had gotten a Frozen LL already thankfully so we decided to bail on the line.

Remy + Frozen did not work out for us this trip! We were in the park by 7:48am for 8:30am early entry and didn’t have a huge line in front of us, though a lot of people ran past when the rope dropped. We were on Remy at 8:35am, stopped at bathrooms on our way to Norway, got there at 9:02am and the line was already posted at 50 min. It probably wouldn’t have taken quite that long but the line was wrapped around outside and I had gotten a Frozen LL already thankfully so we decided to bail on the line.
Thanks!!!! So, maybe we will just do Remy and get breakfast. Figure out Frozen another way...

Hope you are having a good trip or had a good trip!!!

Thanks!!!! So, maybe we will just do Remy and get breakfast. Figure out Frozen another way...

Hope you are having a good trip or had a good trip!!!
I think breakfast in France is a great idea! You might be able to make it to Frozen if you're at the front of the rope drop line and don't stop for a bathroom like we did 🤣 But a ride on Remy and relaxing breakfast in France sounds like a much better morning to me. We wasted some steps rushing to Norway, but we did grab breakfast at the bakery there.

We just got home last night, I'm exhausted but we had a great time! I'm already pulling my notes together to write a trip report 😅

I think breakfast in France is a great idea! You might be able to make it to Frozen if you're at the front of the rope drop line and don't stop for a bathroom like we did
Honestly, we won't be at teh front of rope drop. I don't think we have EVER been that early. And there is a good chance Gwen would need to use the rest rooms after...

We just got home last night, I'm exhausted but we had a great time! I'm already pulling my notes together to write a trip report
YEAH! Can't wait to hear all about it!

We just got home last night, I'm exhausted but we had a great time! I'm already pulling my notes together to write a trip report 😅

Hooray (and boo?) you’re home! I can’t wait to hear about your wonderful trip! :goodvibes

I’m sorry rope dropping both Remy and Frozen didn’t work out, but happy you had the Frozen LL as a backup. Also, breakfast at the Kringla Bakeri sounds delicious!

Honestly, we won't be at teh front of rope drop. I don't think we have EVER been that early. And there is a good chance Gwen would need to use the rest rooms after...
It's tough to get there so early! And our group definitely needed bathrooms after our first ride, after the travel time and waiting for the park to open (while drinking coffee). I bet the duo can be down with lower crowds too, it was worth a try!
Hooray (and boo?) you’re home! I can’t wait to hear about your wonderful trip! :goodvibes
I'm having a Disney hangover!! I'm excited to share about it and to keep myself back on the trip mentally as long as I possibly can :)
I’m sorry rope dropping both Remy and Frozen didn’t work out, but happy you had the Frozen LL as a backup. Also, breakfast at the Kringla Bakeri sounds delicious!
I was glad you all convinced me to get Frozen as our first LL! It took a lot of pressure off that morning to know we could come back later, and we enjoyed the Bakeri instead.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with our plans in this pre-trip report! I'm very excited to be kicking off the official trip report here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter