Spring Break or June?

devjam

Earning My Ears
Our family is trying to decide if we should go to Universal the week before Easter (Spring Break) or wait until the kids are out of school the 3rd week of June. Mardi Gras is enticing but is it worth the extra crowds/cost of this week? How easy is it to see the bands that are playing? Is it warm enough for the pools and water park? Or would crowds, weather, price, be better if we wait until June? I know summer is more crowded but thought that Spring Break might be worse because it's a concentrated week. Either dates we'd have express pass. I'd appreciate your opinions/thoughts on the pros/cons! TIA

We went Spring break last year and with express passes the crowds were not an issue for us. The weather was perfect and very warm. It got in the high 80's and low 90's while we were there. We are going this year in June. I have been to Disney in June but never Universal. Summer is a rainy season for Orlando so you may have more rain during that time. When we went Spring break we had sun every single day. Either way you will have a great time!! We are going this year on June 17-24. It should not be as busy at that time as it would be in July and August.

I am debating similar dates for next year. Spring break(non easter) vs. June. Hopefully the experts will weigh in..... I would think chance for better weather in Spring but maybe slightly less cost and crowds in June? With express pass you might just pick which works best for you.

If you have express passes, you're fine to go either time. Easter will be very busy- June will be a little better crowd wise. Are you staying onsite deluxe with unlimited EP or are you purchasing?

Plan to stay at Portifino. Anybody been to Mardi gras? I am curious about that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!