Spring offer 2020 or DVC Rental

Gothemi

Mouseketeer
Looking into taking our first trip to Aulani in March of 2020. We are interested in a 1BR poolside view for the 3 of us. Current rack rates through Disney are about $5200 for 5 nights! So I looked into DVC Rentals, as I had done for my previous WDW trip, and see that they have the points needed for $4500-$4750 (depending on the site). So not much of a savings. When the premium rate of $19 a point drops to $17 a point to rent at the 7 month mark, the rate drops to about $4250.

However, I see that Aulani currently has a 25% (30% if I go with a garden/island/standard view) off for the 2019 Spring Offer for the room we're looking at. So the 25% off of rate, though Disney, would be cheaper than renting points.

Does Disney usually offer a Spring rate each year? Is it usually as high as 25-30%? I understand that the rooms in that offer are limited and so booking early would be important. I'm even considering booking a room now, just to make sure I have the room I want and then asking for the offer rate should that offer become available.

What do you folks think?

There are usually plenty of ocean view and pool view rooms at the 7 month mark, it’s the lower point options that go first. Also remember if you rent points with DVC parking is included. I haven’t been since 2018 but if I remember it’s $30 or $35/ night. I think historically there have deals but it depends on when in March you go as the closer to Easter and school breaks it’s less likely.

I just rented points for a stay in October. We got a 1 bedroom, Oceanview for $15 per point. I went through someone selling them through the DVC rent/share forum on this board instead of through a broker (like Dave's, etc). I have done this in the past and it has worked out quite well. They have a rental agreement you can sign and I've never had an issue. I do get that sometimes people feel more comfortable going through a company, but if you are okay with renting from an individual with a rental agreement in place, then you may consider it for an even bigger savings.

I also wanted to rent points in order to not have to pay parking, as others have stated above. Although, my husband thinks we shouldn't drive in Hawaii (he's never been). I told him if we were staying in Waikiki, then we wouldn't rent a car, but where we are, it will be nice to have a car to get us to/from airport, pick up some groceries from Navy commissary, to/from Pearl Harbor, and allow us to explore North Shore or Windward side of the island. My husband is very into photography, so I think he will appreciate being able to drive around and see some different parts of the island to photograph. We are only there for 3 nights, so not a long time, and I do want to enjoy Aulani as much as possible, but still have the opportunity to go see what we want to see.

Good luck with your decision. I hope you enjoy your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter