Sprint at WDW & universal?

pitmindi

Earning My Ears
Hi, Does anyone know if Sprint works in MK, MGM, AK, Epcot and Universal? I am hoping to use it to communicate with husband rather than walkie talkies (bad reception), and thinking of giving one to daughter (age 8) in case she gets lost. Thank you, Mindy

I do think all the major carriers, Sprint, AT&T, Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Verizon, etc work in the Orlando area. Within buildings, attractions, specific locations, same limitations as anywhere, strong/weak.

Hi! I was wondering this same question. I also remember reading on one of the trip reports that some one had trouble using their cell phone in their disney resort room, but had no problem in the actual parks.

Anyone else experience this? I would hope that the phones work in the rooms. We'll be staying at CBR.

thanks!:confused:

I have used my Sprint PCS phone on my last several trips (most recently in August), and usually get a strong signal when I am outside in the parks. If I'm within an attraction, I usually do not get a signal. If I don't have a signal, I just walk a little bit, and usually get one within 50 feet.

I had some problems using my phone at the Polynesian. The signal would die mid-conversation pretty much any time I used the phone in my room. When I stayed at the CBR back in May of 2001, I had to step outside of my room in Trinidad South to get a signal.

Karen

Maybe it is just my phone, but i find the Sprint reception to be only so-so. Lots of dead spots.

When we were there in August, the Sprint signal works everywher BUT in the resort room. And we stayed at 3 different resorts and they were all the same, no signal in the room, we just stepped outside the door to use . Maybe it's soundproofing between the walls?

Here's a (probably) stupid question -- can you all get a Sprint signal that's *not* roaming?

My phone kicks into roam all the time -- even in my own house. :rolleyes: If I could use it at WDW w/no roaming charges I'd be thrilled!

We had the same problem with Sprint at ASMu. DH had to just step outside to get a good signal.

Other than that, the phones worked perfectly in all of the WDW parks, full signal on our phones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter