SSR available 3 weeks out?

czmom

DIS Veteran
I am in the process of purchasing a resale contract and awaiting to hear back from Disney, hopefully next week. :) Assuming they waive ROFR and everything goes smoothly, we should have our points about 3 weeks out from our possible trip. Dates are very restricted, but I am looking at April 10-13 in a studio.

What are my chances of availability for those dates only 3 weeks out?? I am hopeful for SSR, but anywhere else? or is it too risky?

You might be far enough from Easter that it might work, but it may not. You may have to be open to moving around every night.
When you get the points, I would call to ask for availability. Under 60 days, available rooms are sent to CRO for "breakage" but sometimes member services can pull one of those rooms back.

I would definitely book a cheap cash hotel with a good cancellation policy now as a backup.

You were me last year. I got SSR and then changed to AKV once my waitlist came through. Good luck!

You were me last year. I got SSR and then changed to AKV once my waitlist came through. Good luck!

I just booked 2 days for 4 weeks out at AKL and I know SSR was also avail. I think you will be fine.

I am in the process of purchasing a resale contract and awaiting to hear back from Disney, hopefully next week. :) Assuming they waive ROFR and everything goes smoothly, we should have our points about 3 weeks out from our possible trip. Dates are very restricted, but I am looking at April 10-13 in a studio.

What are my chances of availability for those dates only 3 weeks out?? I am hopeful for SSR, but anywhere else? or is it too risky?

You may get lucky. Saratoga Springs and/or OKW may be available. I would be very surprised if there is availability anywhere else.

I am guessing that studios may be gone by then. You might be able to get a 1 BR.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

I just checked and ANL still has availability for the whole week, so I think you'll have a chance at SSR (still available). OKW is currently missing a few nights. GOod luck!

I just checked and ANL still has availability for the whole week, so I think you'll have a chance at SSR (still available). OKW is currently missing a few nights. GOod luck!

And that could all change tomorrow. What is ANL?

The DIS moderators have asked us not to check on availability for future dates when people can't book now.

Well I received word today that Disney has transferred the account to our name. Yay!!! Points should be transferred in the next day or two. Hopefully will get our membership number next week and can find out if SSR will be available for our trip. So excited we are almost there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter