SSR Convience Store

drommer0

Mouseketeer
Taking our first trip to SSR this December. What kind of food staples do they sell at the store at the resort? We are taking Magical Express and won't have a car to go to the grocery store. Do they sell items such as frozen pizza, chicken, etc... We are considering doing garden grocer but we really don't need much beside milk, bread and meat. Any insights would be welcomed.

We stayed their last October and they had some frozen food such as pizzas ice cream, pop, bread milk etc. I think if you went onto their webpage, it gives you the option of a resort grocery list. I think they have everything listed within that list, at the actual little shop within the resort. We bought a few items there, such as snack foods and then had Garden grocer deliver us whatever else we wanted. They are a great service and if you have a order of $200 or more, they deliver free of charge. It saved us a ton of time, not to mention we didnt have a car last time we went down. They bring your order right up to your room for you:)

Just walked down and scoped it out for you, little boxes of cereal, half gallons of milk and juice, some cheese,some lunch meat, frozen pizzas and snacks, macaroni & Cheeses of coarse Mickey Mouse shaped, bread,wines and pop, ice cream, potato chips and dip.

Thanks for the information. We think we can get most of the things we want at the store. You know you still eat around WDW so we were looking for where there is a place to get a pound of hamburger or a package of chicken breasts, frozen or not, within walking distance of SSR

You could order what you need from Garden Grocer and have it delivered to
the resort.

We think we can get most of the things we want at the store. You know you still eat around WDW so we were looking for where there is a place to get a pound of hamburger or a package of chicken breasts, frozen or not, within walking distance of SSR

The closest place would probably be Goodings, but even that is at least 1.5 - 2 miles from SSR.

I'd recommend either doing Garden Grocer or just pay a cab to take you to the nearest store. Both will cost about the same.

Assuming you will be buying beverages (bottled water, soda, alcohol) to keep in the room during your stay, the cost differential on that alone will probably pay your shopping fees. The resort stores charge $3.50 for a 2 liter bottle of soda and the Disney-standard $2 - 2.50 for 20oz bottles of soda or water. You can get a 24-pack of bottled water for under $10, saving you $30+ over Disney's prices on that item alone.

Garden grocer or cab it! The money you save is worth it.. The prices in the SSR store are CRAZY! I love the place but 3.50 for a 2 liter bottle of coke, (was 1.09 at Super Walmart off site in May) and 12.00 for a 6 pack of domestic canned beer... Bought a 30 pack for 18.00 at Walmart..

Just looking to pass on some neighbor-ly advice!!

Have a great trip..

Go with Garden Grocer--that way you plan it all beforehand, don't have to stress about it, etc. Again, the prices on property are so high that you will quickly even out the cost, and you will be able to get everything want (the ground beef, your favorite brands, etc.). Even if it is slightly more expensive, I think it is worth extra cost not to have to worry about it.

Not sure if this is helpful guys, but when I was there a few weeks ago I got shutterbug happy and took some snaps of the grocery shelves. I put them online in this photo album... http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/BroganMc_photos/SSR Grocery/

No ground beef or frozen chicken but lots of other prepared foods (but they do sell charcoal for the grills?). The sodas are at your typical outrageous hotel price, but we found with our refillable mugs we didn't touch the 6 pack of soda we bought at Walmart.

Disney definitely needs a grocery for DVC guests at DTD. Everyone can get to that location by bus or car from their resort. The grocery stocked at each resort is different, SSR carries Saratoga Salsa, others don't. OKW has the most extensive list of items. Others barely cover the essentials. When at VWL, hike over to Fort Wilderness, and you can find fun grocery items not at the WL store.
When at BWV last week, we had no dishwasher powder upon check in. I decided to just buy some at the Green Door. They had none in stock, and I was told they no longer carry it. So I went to the front desk to have some sent up to us. In a similar vein, the store off the lobby at BWV carries items not to be found at the Green Door, such as hand lotion, newspapers, etc.
Personally, I think all DVC resort stores should be exactly like the OKW store. It has the best selection, and carries all items in one place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter