SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hello all! We are new DVC members (waiting for our closing date!!!!) with SSR being our home resort. We loved the charm, the pools, the bike paths and activities---it's the complete package. We need to wait to book our first trip until the points are available but I was interested in what people thought about location (I tried digging in this thread but it's so long...apologizes if this has been answered already). My son and husband really care about pools while I really care about bus service and actually getting a spot (even if it's a standing spot). Which section of the resort would you suggest has a great balance of access to pool(s) and a bus stop that isn't too packed so you aren't waiting around forever (barring the fact that there are a ton of stops we have to make--I'm used to that from our time at Caribbean Beach).

For "standard" booking category we really like the Grandstand section specifically building 85. Grandstand is the first bus stop on your way to the parks so they are never crowded and you are the first off on the return trip. Grandstand is also a quick walk to main building/pool and Springs bus stop which is the last stop before leaving the resort.
Has a smaller leisure pool and splash area for the littles.

My son and husband really care about pools while I really care about bus service and actually getting a spot (even if it's a standing spot). Which section of the resort would you suggest has a great balance of access to pool(s) and a bus stop that isn't too packed so you aren't waiting around forever
I just wrote this in another thread, but if I have a Standard reservation, I ask for "near pool, upper floor" That likely puts you in one of four buildings: 51-54, 55-58, 81-84, or 85-88. The first two are in Paddock and near the "other" feature pool and the third of five bus stops. I've never seen a bus fill before it got to that stop, though I suppose it could happen. If you are in the 51-54 building, you are between the Carousel stop (2nd) and the Paddock stop, which increases your get-a-seat-on-the-bus odds.

The second two are in Grandstand. The pool there isn't quite as plush, but it has the first bus stop. Both pools are a reasonable walk to the main resort area. Grandstand is the closer of the two, but not by that much thanks to the bridge that connects the Paddock pool to the Springs.

Finally, making "near pool" your first request gives you the best odds of avoiding Carousel, because there isn't a pool in that section.

Edited to add: given your preferences, you might "prefer" the Standard section over the Preferred one. Standard lets you stretch points, while Preferred has the last two bus stops. You are either not close to a feature pool (Congress Park) or you are on the last bus stop (Springs).

i'm counting down to booking day for our trip next july/august 2021....
i was hoping to be able to book standard, but with renovations as they are, i guess i should go for preferred....

last time we were in a standard room, in the grandstand building 85, which was amazing!!
but this time i'm going to reserve a preferred room so that i'm sure to get a refurb ..
my question is, which preferred building should i request?
we've only stayed at SSR once, in that grandstand room. I didn't pay attention to the preferred buildings so i'm clueless.
we love the main pool, so i guess i should request the springs....do any of the springs buildings have an advantage over the others?

last time we were in a standard room, in the grandstand building 85, which was amazing!!
but this time i'm going to reserve a preferred room so that i'm sure to get a refurb ..
my question is, which preferred building should i request?
we've only stayed at SSR once, in that grandstand room. I didn't pay attention to the preferred buildings so i'm clueless.
we love the main pool, so i guess i should request the springs....do any of the springs buildings have an advantage over the others?
Buildings 6 (rooms 3501-3836) and 7 (rooms 4101-4436) are closer to the pool than building 5. You should be able to request "Springs near Pool".

Checked in to Saratoga Springs today and had a standard view deluxe studio booked.
Got our room number and was dusted with some serious magic and upgraded to a designated 2 bedroom in Congress Park! Refurb is fantastic we are going to be spoiled now.
Oh how I hope this happens to us next week ! We have a standard studio booked but I requested congress park just hoping for something like this. Did you put any requests in?

Oh how I hope this happens to us next week ! We have a standard studio booked but I requested congress park just hoping for something like this. Did you put any requests in?

I requested paddock 65-68 and specified that we would like to be a close walk to Disney Springs. Checked out today after a 4 night stay and had a great time.
Bell service told us that they are currently only using 8 of the 18 buildings on property. (3 being out for refurb in Springs area)

We are planning a short trip to Disney this October and have booked a preferred room. Have all of the preferred rooms been upgraded? I am also wondering if the boats are running from SS to DS. Also, are they renting the surrey bikes, or has are they unavailable due to current circumstances?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter