SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hello!! My family is renting points at SS starting 12/1. I was curious if I am able to make specific room requests via fax even though I am not the DVC owner? When I asked the agent from the rental site she said I could request when I get to the hotel to check in. I was under the assumption that it would probably be too late at that point.

Hello!! My family is renting points at SS starting 12/1. I was curious if I am able to make specific room requests via fax even though I am not the DVC owner? When I asked the agent from the rental site she said I could request when I get to the hotel to check in. I was under the assumption that it would probably be too late at that point.

To be honest, we have been told that for DVC reservations, they don’t really accept the faxes, The owner of the reservation could put one in for you, but if the rental agency has already indicated that you should do it at check in, I’m going to venture to guess that they don’t bother owners to do that.

Once you check in, you can certainly ask and they will try to accommodate. In my experience, I havent had much luck with requests unless I have asked for things i know is the opposite of what others want.

Have fun!

The room assignments are done by the resort staff, not DVC. If you are using e.g. the TouringPlans fax tool it should work. But you can’t call it in for a rented reservation; for that you need to be the Member.

We just signed the contract and sent in cashier's checks.....we can't wait to book our first trip to SSR, I mean HOME!!!!! (Already had a reservation with rented points at AKL this February so we will be sure to stop by and take it all in)

Just booked for my 30th anniversary a GV at SSR for November 10-15. We specifically want to go to DTD in the evenings for drinks and dinners with maybe 1-2 park days and possibly golf and spa. I booked standard view since we will be staying out late and all in shape enough to walk.

However, if I want to be closest to walkway for DTD, I am to request the Grandstand area, is that correct?
Would any Standard area get me a possibility of a DTD view?

I don't care about being close to bus stops or foodcourt since our days are ending in DTD, with the exception of my hopefully getting Highway in the Sky Dinearound and then TotW to end the night. Love that!

Just booked for my 30th anniversary a GV at SSR for November 10-15. We specifically want to go to DTD in the evenings for drinks and dinners with maybe 1-2 park days and possibly golf and spa. I booked standard view since we will be staying out late and all in shape enough to walk.

However, if I want to be closest to walkway for DTD, I am to request the Grandstand area, is that correct?
Would any Standard area get me a possibility of a DTD view?

I don't care about being close to bus stops or foodcourt since our days are ending in DTD, with the exception of my hopefully getting Highway in the Sky Dinearound and then TotW to end the night. Love that!

Grandstand would be the farthest away for DTD. For a standard view, you want to be in the Paddock, preferrably rooms 6500-6800

Grandstand would be the farthest away for DTD. For a standard view, you want to be in the Paddock, preferrably rooms 6500-6800

Thank you so much! I do not know why I have "Request Grandstand" on a sticky in my folder LOL
Just made a new one, says, Request Paddock, rooms 6500-6800.

I will see if I can find views from that area. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! I do not know why I have "Request Grandstand" on a sticky in my folder LOL
Just made a new one, says, Request Paddock, rooms 6500-6800.

I will see if I can find views from that area. Thank you so much!

Some of the Grandstand rooms would put you quite close to a walkway to DS and also close to the boats. And it's the first pick up and drop off for park buses which is why a lot of people like that section. I'd have thought that those rooms would be much closer to DS access than many of the Paddock rooms but someone probably has done a google earth and definitely knows.

Some of the Grandstand rooms would put you quite close to a walkway to DS and also close to the boats. And it's the first pick up and drop off for park buses which is why a lot of people like that section. I'd have thought that those rooms would be much closer to DS access than many of the Paddock rooms but someone probably has done a google earth and definitely knows.

Dang! I think I remember your telling me this exact thing.
I will add Grandstand and then go to touringplans and find out where exactly I want to be. Being close to the boats and first pick up/drop of for buses is nice, although we will only be at parks 1-2 days but that is also a nice perk.
I will add back my Grandstand too LOL
Thank you!

Hi all, I have a question about the Treehouse's

Staying next month for the first time. I know you need to tap your MB to get through the gates, but my question is, will my MB band work to get through the gates in the morning BEFORE my room is ready? Or do I need to wait for the text saying my room is ready before I can get through the gates?

thanks

Dang! I think I remember your telling me this exact thing.
I will add Grandstand and then go to touringplans and find out where exactly I want to be. Being close to the boats and first pick up/drop of for buses is nice, although we will only be at parks 1-2 days but that is also a nice perk.
I will add back my Grandstand too LOL
Thank you!
That 1st bldg (8501-) is closest to the Carriage house, and GOLF!!! If you walk around the back ( where you check in for GOLF, you can actually head over the bridge abd follow the path around to the opposite end of DS's...I've done that before. Not sure if it's indeed shorter than the Closest Paddock bldg., but still another option. You'll come from the side where Bongo's is...If that helps :confused3

Hi all, I have a question about the Treehouse's

Staying next month for the first time. I know you need to tap your MB to get through the gates, but my question is, will my MB band work to get through the gates in the morning BEFORE my room is ready? Or do I need to wait for the text saying my room is ready before I can get through the gates?

thanks
I can’t answer this for sure but I’ve had problems in the past if my magic band hadn’t been used already to open the room door (at parking gates in the returning guest lane). I’d stop by the lobby just to ensure it’s working/activated for that reservation. before trying the treehouse gate.

Hi. Is it typical to get your room later than 4:00? We did online check-in for today months ago and I even updated to take first available but its 5:10 and still nothing.

Hi. Is it typical to get your room later than 4:00? We did online check-in for today months ago and I even updated to take first available but its 5:10 and still nothing.

Possible but I wouldn't say typical. The notification system definitely can have issues so I'd recommend checking with the front desk. It may be that there was just an issue with the text or email.

Of all the times we have checked in at SSR on a Saturday it is at least 5:00 or later before the room is ready. Other days of the week it was closer to lunch time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!