SSR pathway closure

DisneyDetective

DIS Veteran
Anyone know if it 2014 or 2015 when the connection to DTD via congress park is going to be finished

Just back and whilst I know you can go via golf course to DTD or boat/bus being in a wheelchair it was all a bit of a nightmare for me this year trying to get over

I thought it was 2014 but someone just told me 2015

The guard at the SSR just told my dad dec. 4th for the bridge opening. Can't imagine how since it does not appear to be underway yet, but that is what he said.

So just to make sure Im correct the bridge that is closed is on Buena Vista Drive? Is the walkway leading to the bridge blocked off? And before anyone thinks Im gaming the system, I will be staying at SSR and I have family staying at Hilton DTD and was wondering if they can get to the walk way to SSR to come and visit or if I can use the walkway to go visit them.

So just to make sure Im correct the bridge that is closed is on Buena Vista Drive? Is the walkway leading to the bridge blocked off? And before anyone thinks Im gaming the system, I will be staying at SSR and I have family staying at Hilton DTD and was wondering if they can get to the walk way to SSR to come and visit or if I can use the walkway to go visit them.

The walkway is completely closed, they are building a bridge over to at the moment

You can walk by the guard shack over by the Congress Park section and onto the actual path by the road over to DTD. Everyone is doing that now. Yesterday the road by the guard shack was as busy as the path ever was, with people coming and going to DTD. The guards ask you for your room key before they let you back onto SSR property, but that's easy enough. Disney didn't really think this one through very well...they should have built the bridge first. It's not hugely safe to have guests walking along a road that cars and buses regularly travel.

You can walk by the guard shack over by the Congress Park section and onto the actual path by the road over to DTD. Everyone is doing that now. Yesterday the road by the guard shack was as busy as the path ever was, with people coming and going to DTD. The guards ask you for your room key before they let you back onto SSR property, but that's easy enough. Disney didn't really think this one through very well...they should have built the bridge first. It's not hugely safe to have guests walking along a road that cars and buses regularly travel.

If wanting to walk to DTD, does it still make sense to request Congress Pk area? We've never stayed at SSR before and have a few ADR's at DTD.

Or maybe the boat is easier at this point.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

does going by the guard shack add much time to the walk? we're going in 3 weeks time for our first visit to SSR...walking distance to DTD was one of the selling points for us. Also is there another walkway over to DTD west side?

hi there,

any updates as to how people are getting accross to dtd from the congress park area?

thanks, glenn

hi there,

any updates as to how people are getting accross to dtd from the congress park area?

thanks, glenn

Take the boat or take the bridge that comes out near Cirque du Soliel. Or take a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter