SSR Renovations

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Maybe they did the opposite at SSR because of so many complaints about BWV & BCV studios sleeping five and 1 bedrooms sleeping only four (which of course led to the “sleeps five if you bring your own bedding” routine). Space constraints and wanting to push people to 1 bedrooms are both good reasons to do so.
The "sleeps 5 if you bring your own bedding" for BWV & BCV started before the studios were refurbished to include the under TV bed/camp table combo.

It does make more sense to increase the capacity of the 1 bedrooms than the studios, though, especially for SSR. (The SSR 1 Bedrooms are the last to fill and make up the lion's share of the deposits to RCI. Maybe the renovations will change that).

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
Just booked a Preferred Studio at SSR for June 7-10 through renting points from a dis member. For the renovated rooms is the second bed a queen or full? And is it a pull down murphy bed in the studio? I hate the regular sofa beds. We had a renovated POP room on our last trip and I loved that there were two queens in it!
From what I have been reading here, it looks like if I want to request a particular area I have to have the owner do this? When should the request be put in? Now, or closer to my trip? We are doing a no park short stay and have a 4 and 2 year old with us. It looks like the Springs would be a better option than Congress to access the boat to Disney Springs, be closer to the main hall and pool? This place just looks so massive that I want to make a good choice.
Thanks for any help

Sandisw

Just booked a Preferred Studio at SSR for June 7-10 through renting points from a dis member. For the renovated rooms is the second bed a queen or full? And is it a pull down murphy bed in the studio? I hate the regular sofa beds. We had a renovated POP room on our last trip and I loved that there were two queens in it!
From what I have been reading here, it looks like if I want to request a particular area I have to have the owner do this? When should the request be put in? Now, or closer to my trip? We are doing a no park short stay and have a 4 and 2 year old with us. It looks like the Springs would be a better option than Congress to access the boat to Disney Springs, be closer to the main hall and pool? This place just looks so massive that I want to make a good choice.
Thanks for any help
By June, Congress Park should be done and I would think there would be good progress at the Springs section in terms of renovations.

So, requesting Congress Park, if you got it, would get you a renovated room by then. If you are in the Springs, you may or may not,

Renovated rooms have the pull down Murphy beds and non renovated ones still have a sofa bed,

It doesn’t matter when you have the owner put in the request as long as it’s in at least a week ahead when they start assigning rooms. It’s only a request and not guaranteed so people putting in sooner get no priority over others,

I am going to venture to guess that having a renovated room is going to be a popular request so be prepared to maybe end up in the Springs without one.

• blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
    By June, Congress Park should be done and I would think there would be good progress at the Springs section in terms of renovations.

So, requesting Congress Park, if you got it, would get you a renovated room by then. If you are in the Springs, you may or may not,

Renovated rooms have the pull down Murphy beds and non renovated ones still have a sofa bed,

It doesn’t matter when you have the owner put in the request as long as it’s in at least a week ahead when they start assigning rooms. It’s only a request and not guaranteed so people putting in sooner get no priority over others,

I am going to venture to guess that having a renovated room is going to be a popular request so be prepared to maybe end up in the Springs without one.
    Ok, thanks. Do you know if the murphy bed is a queen like they did in POP?

MiniMN

Mouseketeer
    I stayed at SSR last weekend (Feb. 17-21, 2020). Quick note on refurb observations. High Rock Springs building rooms 3501-3836 (the building just to the north and east of the High Rock Springs bus stop) had paper on the windows. High Rock Springs building rooms 3101-3436 (the building furthest southeast) had several cherry picker lifts working on the outside of the building.

Last edited:

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS